Middle names

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Super Mommy
Just curious for those that have middle names picked out. Did you pick them from like your "B" list of names or "A" list? Sounds like a strange question but I have some friends that gave their kids fantastic middle names then had another child and had used up all their best names. Like after the age of like maybe 5 most people don't introduce their child by all three names do they? So is it that important what the middle name is or is it usually just a filler or a keep the family happy by using a relatives name thing?

Last edited by Antrim; June 1st, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
June 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For our girl's name, we used my first-choice name as the middle name because DH said he would never use it as the first name but he didn't mind it as a middle name.

For Sean's middle name, we played off our maternal grandfather's name: John.

June 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Well my 6.5 year old sometimes insists people call her Mia Rose We chose Mia's middle name because it flowed well. Rose was one we would never use as a first name. Elizabeth's middle name was my mom's twin sister's middle name, so I wanted to use it as a middle name as well.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

June 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My DS's middle name was chosen because I love the name, but wouldn't use it as a first name. DD's is for my grandma. Daniel's was after my father.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 1st, 2012, 05:27 PM
Veteran
The other kids the middle names are family names. This baby we are just going by we like the name but its not a good first name. But we like it enough to make it into our childs name.

June 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
as of right now

for a girl its a name I wanted "jade" but the BF didn't like so he finally relented to let me use as a middle name (although he hasn't brought names up agin since then so I think he hopes I forgot)

for a boy he wants to use his middle name "lee" but all the first names we like sound really country with lee for a middle name.

although I guess If he gives me the girls name I have to give him the boys name. so apparently we used middle names as a compromise more then anything lol.
Ame C likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
The middle names are after family.. the first names are not..

<3
June 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
My DD's middle name was after my MIL to win her love
And depending on the gender
Quinten Tyler's middle name is because I really like the name Tyler but it's too popular...
And Persehone Jane because Jane is my all time favorite name for a girl but everyone thinks its too plain.
June 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The jury is still out on middle names.
For our girl's name, it's a little different, so I want a completely normal name for the middle name.
We aren't really talking boys' names because we think it's a girl. LOL

June 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
We're kinda weird. My DS goes by his middle name because he is the 7th generation to have the same first name (although different middle names). His dad goes by his first name and I didn't want two people with the same name in the house. His middle name is definitely "A" list.

DD's middle name is after my sweet severely disabled sister, whom I love more than anyone besides my husband and children. It's a fine name, but wouldn't have been chosen as a first name because I again didn't want two people wtih the same name in the house, and it is very likely I would end up her guardian if my parents go before she does.
Caroline - November '12

June 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Middle name is father in laws middle name. It's a name I have never heard before, but I like it.

June 2nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Steven's is Joseph after my dh. Justin is Tyler which was a name we liked a lot. Joey's is Tyler I wanted to name one of our boys after dh so we took both our boy's middle names. Rachyl and Rebecca are Anne which is my middle name only mine is spelled Ann, now I feel like we have to use it again if this is a girl, lol. Jacob's is Lucas, I loved the name Lucas, but dh did not so it's his middle name, Ryan's is also Joesph because you just start to run out of names after a while, lol. But I did notice 2 of my boys have Joseph and 2 have Tyler, maybe if this is a boy we'll have to use Lucas for the middle name!

June 2nd, 2012, 09:40 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We ultimately choose something that flows well. But a lot of our names are compromises. If dh really likes a name that I don't think I'll ever like as a first name then I try to use it as a middle name unless its a name I REALLY don't like. We call Daniel and Eli by their middle names, so I always make sure I like the middle name as well. I end up really liking our kids full name by the time we decide on one. I do kinda wish we hadn't used the middle name Jackson for Nathan because I really like the name Jackson and would like that as an option for a boys name. Sometimes its super easy and other times we struggle and don't decide until the baby is born.
June 3rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Middle names are after people in my family. In ds's case he also has the same first as daddy and grandpa but they all have different "j" middle names... and in my family we do middle after people so he's after dh's best friend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search