Panic Attacks/Anxiety

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By .h00dihoo.this.
  • 2 Post By Alaska Baby14
  • 2 Post By mrs.wagner.10
  • 2 Post By BlndGrl8
  • 1 Post By .h00dihoo.this.
  • 1 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By .h00dihoo.this.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
Does anyone else suffer from these? How are you coping during pregnancy?

I have never had them until about 6 years ago, my life came crashing down when my sister unexpectedly passed away. She was the last living family member I had...and we were best friends...but after her passing I also went through extensive care myself. My mom passed when I was 14 and then my great grandma passed also, and my grandma all of which these women had some sort of heart condition. I later find out that I also had some heart condition as well, I then spent the next 4 years going through extensive EKGs, a lot of medications, 3 Abalation procedures, NSTs, Echocardiograms, Emergency room visits,ICU, diets, exercises, weight loss, etc. etc. etc. Needless to say it's been a rough road...So I haven't been on medication for at least a year and a half as long as I continue my yearly check up to make sure nothing is getting worse I will be ok. However in the meantime I get Anxiety/Panic Attacks that make my heart race or flutter and it is just so nerve racking and then makes me freak out about the sensation..horrible!
So I'm just wondering how do you guys cope with it during pregnancy, do you have any tips? And with my sister's RIP date coming this Monday or my stupid job doesn't make it any easier...but I'm really trying because it's such a nuisance.
Thanks for listening...

June 2nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I don't have any tips for you, but I want you to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Your 30 day challenge self portrait photo is beautiful by the way.
KrisCriss09 likes this.

June 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
only with birds... birds give me severe anxiety and panic attacks lol
KrisCriss09 and Ame C like this.
June 2nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks as well.... My psych recently prescribed me fish oil.. said it will help with anxiety.. I have my doubts.. I just took the first one today, so we'll see...

other than that... I try to avoid the things that give me the highest anxiety.. I have snuck an ativan a time or too when I couldn't deal.. I also try to do things I enjoy doing, that bring me peace... its hard... but not impossible...

panic attacks are really hard.. but have to remind yourself they only last 10 to 15 minutes and then you'll be on the up swing again.

Basically, stay as calm as possible, do things that bring you joy, and if you get high anxiety over certain situations, try not to think to much about it and just do it or find a way to work around it. I dont like crowds, so Im not going to go to walmart at peak hours.. I had to go to the courthouse to get some documents and I was dreading it sooo bad, but I sucked it up, did it, and once it was over, the anxiety subsided a bit.

Good Luck and if you need to vent or just need someone that understands, PM me.. my mom and sister also have the same issues, so I know what its like to have them, and be around those that do as well

i also just realized we have the same due date

<3
June 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do, I have a few friends that I go to and have a well I dont know what to call it, but they make me laugh.. That seems to help.

@Tasha, I dont see how you made Ame C's siggy with your bird anxity

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
June 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I haven't dealt with that, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are going through this and that you have lost your family That is really sad! I do know that when I feel anxious or nervous about anything, I pray and ask God to give me peace and calmness
June 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wagner.10 View Post
I do, I have a few friends that I go to and have a well I dont know what to call it, but they make me laugh.. That seems to help.

i only fear them when they are alive lol.. i get severe anxiety when they are around me lol
KrisCriss09 likes this.
June 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only have rare attacks only uncommon triggers for me. so its mostly just a breath and get over it thing I actually repeat "Its not gonna kill you" to myself It seems to help but maby that depends On your triggers/fears. Maby you should mention it at your next appointment Im sure they have lots of people in the same boat.

Oh I just remembered my One of my friends keep one of those stress balls and Would use it anytime she felt like she was about to have one she said it helped her maby you could find something like that to channel it away before it gets to be to much, just some ideas.
KrisCriss09 likes this.

June 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Kelly, i have to say it because it's driving me nuts lol... it's spelled maybe not maby lol
KrisCriss09 likes this.
June 3rd, 2012, 06:46 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry I have lots of problems with words Im kinda a little special when it comes to writing i don't know why exactly. because I have no problem reading I could do that alll day but I cant write. I still have to fix would and could every time i write them im sure iv forgotten lots of times I write them with an h like should. I actually spend a really long time typing all my messages because my scentences end up backward or with all sorts of extra words but even when im done I still look like Im 12. If im ever In a hurry and don't fix them i can bet noone would know what I had said. thats why I always use the same words alot they are the ones I normally have the least trouble with but apparently thats no even true anymore there just the ones I don't realize are wrong *fail*.

June 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame C View Post
I don't have any tips for you, but I want you to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Your 30 day challenge self portrait photo is beautiful by the way.
Thank you so much Ame that means a lot!

June 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby02 View Post
I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks as well.... My psych recently prescribed me fish oil.. said it will help with anxiety.. I have my doubts.. I just took the first one today, so we'll see...

other than that... I try to avoid the things that give me the highest anxiety.. I have snuck an ativan a time or too when I couldn't deal.. I also try to do things I enjoy doing, that bring me peace... its hard... but not impossible...

panic attacks are really hard.. but have to remind yourself they only last 10 to 15 minutes and then you'll be on the up swing again.

Basically, stay as calm as possible, do things that bring you joy, and if you get high anxiety over certain situations, try not to think to much about it and just do it or find a way to work around it. I dont like crowds, so Im not going to go to walmart at peak hours.. I had to go to the courthouse to get some documents and I was dreading it sooo bad, but I sucked it up, did it, and once it was over, the anxiety subsided a bit.

Good Luck and if you need to vent or just need someone that understands, PM me.. my mom and sister also have the same issues, so I know what its like to have them, and be around those that do as well

i also just realized we have the same due date

Thanks Jessica, we sound a lot alike! I get mine a lot with finances (that's hard to ignore) or with traffic (and that's even harder to avoid cause I commute to work). Yes I have wanted to take an ativan sooooooo bad, but I get anxiety just thinking if I took one and something happened to the baby I would feel so guilty!! ugh! And then anytime my mom's or sister's birthday/death date is coming up it's like my body already knows even if I'm not remembering. Thank you for sharing with me that I'm not the only one lol And yes I just might have to PM you.
btw yes we do have the same due date

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wagner.10 View Post

Yes Bobbi I know exactly what you mean, and that's what I did yesterday to get my mind off of it, as soon as I leave it's back! Or maybe it never left and I just didn't concentrate on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlndGrl8 View Post
I haven't dealt with that, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are going through this and that you have lost your family That is really sad! I do know that when I feel anxious or nervous about anything, I pray and ask God to give me peace and calmness

Thanks you Kristin...yes I do that also...I just try and concentrate on something relaxing and zone out...it's sorta hard to do that sometime...but it has worked. Thank you so much for your kind words

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search