scary/amazing story in my family

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By .h00dihoo.this.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 01:47 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
my grandmother and grandfather were visiting my uncle and his wife and her daughter in OK City, OK.. last week they were having some severe thunder/lightning storms and my grandmother had complained about all these children that my uncle's wife seems to.. "hoard" .. she always takes in other people's kids when they dont want to be at home, neighbor kids, her daughter's friends.. etc, very strange, but whatever lol.. so my grandmother had complained about, they are older, they dont want to listen to a bunch of kids yelling and running up and down the stairs, yada yada.. well there was one boy in particular who was supposed to leave, but did not because of his own family problem... that night lightning struck the house, causing a fire.. this boy, who is 9 years old.. is the ONLY person who woke up to the smell of burning.. and there was 8-10 people in the home..

so this boy wakes up uncle's step daughter, tells her he smells smoke.. she tells him to wake up my uncle.. and uncle starts rushing everyone out of the home, half the house was on fire!!... it's amazing that here my grandmother complained for the children to leave.. but he happens to stay, and happens to be the ONLY one who woke up to the smell... and it's really scary to think that the #1 cause of fire deaths are while they were asleep and pass away in their sleep before the fire actually gets to them because lack of oxygen.. had this little boy not woken up.. everyone could have possibly died and half of those 8-10 people were children.. it's terrible to think about, but amazing that little guy became a hero!
June 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! It is definitely amazing how a decision can seem so unimportant at the time, but makes such a tremendous impact. Thank goodness he stayed and saved everyone! I'm so happy they're all ok.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an amazing story! I'm so glad they had a happy ending! Hopefully they are able to have their home repaired soon and they have somewhere to stay during all this.

June 3rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
That is extremely lucky! Glad everyone is okay!!

<3
June 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW!! That is an amazing story!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
June 3rd, 2012, 06:50 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so glad everyone was able to make it out.

June 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank goodness he woke up and alerted everyone. He is a hero! I think it's awesome your uncle and his wife help out other people's kids. We need more people like that who care enough to extend a helping hand. Wish I could hug that boy!
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
June 3rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
Thats crazy! Glad the little guy was there.
June 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Glad everyone made it out
June 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
Wow what an amazing story! That little boy is definitely a hero!! I wish I could hug him! I'm glad that everyone made it out safe and sound.

June 3rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That IS scary/amazing! I'm glad everyone is okay.

June 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! He's definetly a hero, scary to think what could have happened!

June 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyluna13 View Post
Thank goodness he woke up and alerted everyone. He is a hero! I think it's awesome your uncle and his wife help out other people's kids. We need more people like that who care enough to extend a helping hand. Wish I could hug that boy!
it's weird with her though because most of the time the kids just don't feel like going home so they stay at her house... so in a way its cool she does it.. but at the same time it would have been more respectful to my grandparents to tell the kids they needed to go home, because my grandparents are to old to be in the middle of a tramped of children

this one boy in particular, was there with his sister and i guess the night before, or that night.. the father of the children had went to jail for domestic violence or something, so instead of the kids being taken into a foster system, they just stayed at my uncles place so that was nice.. my grandmother doesnt reallly mind when there is a circumstance, but most of the kids were there just to be there

when we were there for 4 days while moving to MI 2 years ago.. we walked into a house FILLED with kids, and it's just not something we wanted to walk into after driving 12-14 hours a day it's just to much ciaos lol my grandmother thinks my uncles wife does it (its really uncles wife who hoards them lol) because she has 5 children of her own and was NEVER there for them so she thinks she does it bc of a guilt trip
June 3rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Wow talk about being there for a reason! That gave me the chills!! I'm so glad he smelled the smoke and I hope everyone is ok!!
June 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Wow! That's amazing! Glad everyone is safe!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

June 3rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
this is an amazing story. Glad the boy woke up when he smelt smoke and woke up your uncle. This little be is a hero. Glad everyone made it out safe.
June 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Way to go little guy!
Caroline - November '12

June 4th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Glad everyone is safe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search