Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KrisCriss09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
This is my lazy way of making Enchiladas..

Things you will need:

16x9 pyrex dish or pan
Skillet
Pam or Oil
2lbs of chicken (whatever is easiest to shred either tenderloins, breasts...and you can even use ground turkey or ground beef)
26oz can of green enchilada sauce
1 whole stalk of green onion
30 count corn tortillas
3 bags of shredded cheese (approx 3lbs of cheese...I normally use shredded so I don't have to shred, and it can be any kind you want or combination)
Olives (Optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

*Boil chicken with some chicken bouillon until fully cooked
*While chicken is cooking cut your onions and olives if you are using them, and shred cheese if you bought block cheese.
*When chicken is done put in a strainer and run cold water over it since you will be cutting it and shredding it.
*Take your pan and coat your pan some with the enchilada sauce so your tortillas don't stick.
*Once your chicken is cooled take it and cut it into small cubes (makes it easier to shred).
*In your skillet put some pam or oil to coat the skillet and put your tortillas in there to heat just enough so they wont fall apart.
*Start laying your pan with the tortillas one side by side all the way down the pan until your pan is covered with tortillas..in a 16x9 should make on one layer about 6 to 8 tortillas.
*Then you shred your chicken on top of the tortilla layer and then onion and olive and then cheese...then you put a small amount of the enchilada sauce on top.
*You then repeat previous steps starting again with the tortillas.

You can make as many layers as your pan will allow and when you are putting the enchilada sauce make sure you're putting in the corners and on sides and middle. On last layer you want to put the most amount of cheese and put in the oven for about 25 mins or until the cheese looks melted and a little cripsy.

You cut it into squares and top it off with some sour cream and hot sauce if you want...it's my husband's favorite! Hope you enjoy.

June 7th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Mmmm, I want enchiladas now
June 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
lol!! I made this on Tuesday night...yummm
Ame C likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search