Still no kicks :(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Yup. Am I still the loner?

Not only do I not know the sex yet but I still haven't felt any movement. I did have some serious gas two nights ago but I think that was it. Nothing definitive.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm a little disappointed.... Don't get me wrong, I love hearing about how everyone can feel baby and how neat it is but I wanna feel that too. *tear
June 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to stress too much. I felt my first at 14 weeks, but I was one of the earliest from my group of friends. One girlfriend of mine didn't feel her son until she was 22 weeks along.

Your babe is probably comfy and cozy tucked inside somewhere and doesn't want to get up and wiggle around.

Trust me, when you're getting kicked in the ribs, you'll be longing for these days!

I'm 16 weeks with my 2nd, and I've been feeling baby for a few weeks, but the movements aren't strong yet. They're not consistent either. For instance, today I don't feel wiggles, but I feel pressure when the baby moves from one side of my belly to the other.

I don't think doctors even give lack of movement a second thought until you're about 22 weeks or so.

June 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're still early. I was 20+ weeks before I felt my first baby move and usually been closer to 18-20 weeks with my others as well. I don't seem to notice until the movements are stronger and no mistaking it. I'm pretty sure I have felt a few flutters with this baby. Its hard to say for sure because almost as soon as I notice it stops. Still not feeling it regularly.
June 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's normal to not feel anything yet. Baby is still not flexing and stretching too much yet. And when I do feel baby, it's so slight and intermittent. Mostly I can feel pressure because baby prefers the lower left side and it gives me a pain. Lol.

June 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Thanks for the uplifting comments. I've definitely felt certain levels of pressure. Maybe I should just embrace that instead. lol Some are quite painful when I am trying to get comfy before bed.
June 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel very slight movement very infrequently... I am anxious to start feeling him/her consistently too! We're almost there
Hopolka likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I am right there with you. I will be 19 weeks tomorrow with my 4th and I still am not feeling much of anything either. Hang in there it will happen soon enough.
June 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
it's your first baby! i didnt feel my first until i was 25 weeks.. second was around 20 maybe a little more weeks.. this time i've been feeling the flutters since 12-14 weeks but not til this last week do i actually feel tumbling, kicking, and such.. so don't stress it!! you may be feeling the fluttering and you just don't even realize it... i also notice that this baby is the most active at night, and it's usually when i am sleeping but theres a few nights i stay up way later than normal... last night the kid wouldnt stop moving!

you will be fine, and having this be your first, the first movements when you realize it will just be extra special to you!
June 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Veteran
I haven't felt much at all with this. Just pressure that I assume is the baby, but nothing I would call movement. I didn't feel my first until 20 weeks. I say give it a few more weeks and you will be feeling something.

June 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't felt anything either so don't feel bad. When we do feel it I know it will be the best feeling ever!

[/url

June 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Veteran
I haven't felt anything yet either, so you are not alone Hopefully soon!
June 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
I thought i felt something a few wks ago, but nothing since. I also wont know the sex of the baby till the end of june. With My dd i didnt even feel her kick.
June 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Don't worry! It will happen soon and you will know
June 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been feeling little "bubbles" for the last few days. I thought they were gas, but they never move thru my system. So I think its baby.

But... oh dear goodness, the baby has been doing some major pressure lately. Last night, whenever I'd try and move, get up or roll over, I'd have pressure like never before at some random place in my abdomen. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much....

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

June 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
LindsayGriff
I just starting feeling some light kicks this last week and i they are very infrequent.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
June 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I didn't feel my first until 17.5 weeks and I was in a weird position (sitting, leaning forward), so that contributed. I didn't feel her after that for a few more weeks. You'll feel it soon enough! Some kids are also not super active and mellow (seriously, DD #1 I could never do kick counts with because she was so chill in utero, DD #2 and this little bugger are definitely crazier than she was!)

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

June 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You're very early still. With my first I felt him right after my 18 week appt. I bet sometime in this next month you'l start to feel kicks!

June 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Super Mommy
Im in the same boat girl... no movement no sex yet....
June 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was at least 20 weeks with my first before I felt anything. My second was much earlier but this time my placenta is anterior and at almost 18 weeks I still don't feel anything. It will come.
June 3rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat with you, and glad to not be alone. I won't know the sex until June 22nd. And I haven't felt anything. With DS I was feeling flutters at 12wks so I tend to get nervous. Then I remember that feeling anything this early is not really all that common anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search