Cradle Cap

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone dealt with this? Anyone know of a good way to get rid of it?

I just noticed that DD has very mild cradle cap...at least that's what I think it is. It's hard to see unless you look closely.

June 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I treated Claire's cradle cap with olive oil and it worked really well. I just rubbed some olive oil on her head and massaged it in. I let it sit for about 15 mins or so and then combed her hair with the little comb that came in her grooming kit to get all the flakes out. I then washed her head and combed some more to make sure it was all gone. It was hard to get all the oil out with baby shampoo so I used a drop of dish soap lol.

It worked like a charm and all the cradle cap was gone. It started coming back a few weeks later so I treated it again but used coconut oil and that was a bit easier to wash out. It's been about two weeks and none of it has come back.

June 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just about any oil will soften the scales enough to brush them out. I used coconut oil and a baby brush. No need to go buy expensive cradle cap treatments. It may take a treatment or two with the oil to get it all out, but it will come out.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
Super Mommy
I third coconut oil!

June 3rd, 2012, 09:07 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Alice had it bad. Sometimes it bled. Ironically enough, only the special organic stuff made it worse. The cancer stuff, Johnsons, was what got rid of it.
ASH_M likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
June 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My pedi told me to use selsun blue and it worked its self out. I need to get me some coconut oil. Sounds like a lot of good use for it around the house.
June 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
We use baby oil but it keeps coming back after a few weeks.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
June 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!

June 4th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Mom2TuckerElla's Avatar Super Mommy
I use a product called Norwex, they are just cloths and I use just water....no chemicals no nothing!! Just google Norwex, and you can probably find a consultant, I know you can order online too....I use it for her eczema spots too, and after just 2 days they are gone, and so is her cradle cap!!
June 7th, 2012, 01:06 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Kyler had this after watching him pick at it during feedings (god i cringed everytime he did that) i used baby oil and it cleared up.

June 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My aunt swears by Listerine (the brown, regular kind). I think that's kind of weird personally.

With Jojo we had to use olive oil and brush it out during bath time. With Livy we just used the Johnson's baby shampoo to brush it out during bath - worked like a charm! Kinda gross, but I laid the brush back in the bathtub when I was done brushing her hair, and all the flakes started floating on top of the water! Made me wretch!

June 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been using aqua for on Eli. After the doc advised to only use water on his head every other bath it got so much worse that he started scratching his head. Aqua for has worked wonders!!!

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search