Hand-me-downs!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By Sam914

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
I went by my FIL's house tonight, and his wife gave me a stroller, a swing, another little swing thing? a car seat, and 3 huggeee boxes of baby clothes. O.O I've been told by them and a few other people they'd give me old girl clothes but wow! I wasn't expecting NEAR this much. They also have a bed they want to give me. She has 9 grandchildren and 7 are girls so you can imagine the stuff her kids have built up for little girls. There's still even more yet to sort through. Everything they've given so far is in really good condition too... I was so surprised. The big swing they have I was just looking at the other day at Burlington it was 195.00... I was actually planning on buying it so you can imagine my delight at them having the same one

Then, on top of the other people giving us stuff, there's the baby shower, people alwayyss buy clothes for baby showers. I feel like there's no need for me to go buy any clothes at all... I'm going to be swimming in baby clothes.

It's so exciting getting all this stuff. Makes me want to buy her dresser I have picked out now and start setting up so it's not all sitting around in boxes. Is it too soon for all that?

Last edited by Kaniscooo; June 3rd, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
June 4th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
That is alot of stuff so far. I dont think its to early to start setting up. That way you dont have boxes just sitting around.
June 4th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That was so nice of them! Have fun going through it all

June 4th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I dont see a problem with buying a dresser already! Sounds like you could definitely use it !! thats awesome that you got all that stuff! Will save you some $$!

<3
June 4th, 2012, 04:33 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
That is awesome. The more people give you, the less you will need to buy yourself and you get to save some money.
June 4th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so great that you have gotten all that stuff!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 4th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
That's awesome! I say start setting up as soon as you can. I try to do stuff early so I don't have to worry about it when I'm further along. I had Akadia's nursery all ready to go by the time I was 7 months and I used to just sit in there and imagine her being there.
Ame C likes this.

June 4th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! I'de be careful with the carseat though, i wouldnt be comfortable using a used one. Also make sure you check the expiration date on it
BlndGrl8 likes this.

June 4th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Veteran
It is always nice when people give you stuff for free. Especially clothes since they spit up and poop on so many outfits those first few months.

I agree with Sam and check the expiration date on the car seat if it looks like an older one. I don't think it is too early to get a dresser and start setting up. It is nice to have everything in place before the end. One less thing to worry about.

June 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for free baby stuff! I think it's great and would love for someone to give me some hand me downs!

June 4th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome! I agree, I wouldn't use the car seat either. Not too early to start organizing at all!

June 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
canarycream's Avatar Experienced
Hurrah for free stuff. I am OCD, so I say, go ahead and get the dresser. It would be so fun to have the room with lots of stuff in it. I love Leanne78's idea that she goes in there and just imagines the baby being there.
June 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How nice!!!! I don't think its too soon to start setting it up!
June 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Awesome!! I love hand-me-downs!!! I'm going to ditto the comments on car seats. That's one thing I will always buy new.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

June 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
What blessing!! You can never have too many baby clothes If you know which dresser you want, I'd say get it and start putting things away! It's so much fun to get everything set up!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search