gender reveals made me relize....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LindsayGriff

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 08:24 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant tell what Things are in an Ultrasound picture.

Iv been super excited more and more with each gender reveal that gets posted all like pretty soon I get to Have an ultrasound and see my baby an all that jazz. The I realized with every ultrasound pic that I look at I have no Idea what im looking at. I mean some I can tell with the obvious face profiles or like the yellow ones that look kinda 3D but most of them I got nothing. Its like a picture Of what white noise would look like.

Maybe since I have never seen one or had it explained to me In person or whatever Its just because I dont know what Im supposed to be looking for. But now Im really worried that im going to wait my forever long time untill I get to see my baby and Ill be all excited When that day comes and Ill go in and not be able to tell what Im looking at.

I really hope they will Explain it to me if I cant figure It out because I really want that special thats my baby moment But im so scared now that ill just be starring at a screen go wait where is it again?

June 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They will explain as they go.

June 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
most of the ones I've been to (i've only had one for myself) they usually point out.. here's a foot, an arm.. and if they dont for whatever reason.. speak up! sometimes people get into a routine of doing something they may "forget" to tell YOU whats going on.. so dont be afraid to say, whats that Im seeing?

<3
June 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
LindsayGriff
This reminds me of a friends episode. I am a Friends fanatic and this made me chuckle. If any one else is a friends fanatic, do you remember the episode where rachel is getting an ultrasound of her baby and ross is there and they show her the US and she pretends that she knows what she is looking at and then when the doctor leaves she breaks down crying to ross saying she doesn't see it.

In all seriousness, US's are the hardest imaging of all radiological imaging to read. When you have your US, don't be afraid to speak up and ask what they are describing and they will point it out to you.
kristap4 and Ame C like this.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
June 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayGriff View Post
This reminds me of a friends episode. I am a Friends fanatic and this made me chuckle. If any one else is a friends fanatic, do you remember the episode where rachel is getting an ultrasound of her baby and ross is there and they show her the US and she pretends that she knows what she is looking at and then when the doctor leaves she breaks down crying to ross saying she doesn't see it.

In all seriousness, US's are the hardest imaging of all radiological imaging to read. When you have your US, don't be afraid to speak up and ask what they are describing and they will point it out to you.
Haha yes! I'm a Friends fanatic too!

But to the OP.. Yes they should and will explain as they go. And it seems weird, but I was never able to read an ultrasound pic until my first pregnancy and when I saw my baby on the screen, it kind of "clicked" for me. I can't explain it.

June 5th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a Friends fanatic, too!

Yes, they'll explain it to you. No worries!

June 5th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Most of the earlier u/s I have had (and I've had a lot) I couldn't tell what much of anything was... At the anatomy scan you'll be able to discern for yourself what a lot of the parts are, and they usually do go through and say what everything is. I agree with everyone else, if they don't say & you have a question, definitely ask!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 5th, 2012, 05:32 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayGriff View Post

That episode was on just last night. I LOVE friends. That is usually what I watch when I can't sleep... Its on from like midnight to 3:00am....

Yes. I have also had a lot of ultra sounds and I am always asking questions. The techs have always answered any question i have asked.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search