Pregnancy Update/More Detailed Intro

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cocoa Sashimi
  • 1 Post By cindy6

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Hello all! Just "delurked" a few days ago and thought I should share a little more information and update.

I am due November 27. I have a three and a half year old son who was born seven weeks early (and spent a month in the NICU) due to many complications (a 7x9 cm fibroid, being 5cm dilated at 30 weeks, hospitalized bed rest). He is healthy and advanced for his age, for which I am eternally grateful. I had a miscarriage in the fall of 2010, abdominal myomectomy in December of 2010 to remove the multiple fibroids, and a miscarriage (no heartbeat at 10 weeks) in the fall of 2011. It was a rough two years.

This pregnancy has been difficult, and it will definitely be my last due to my advanced maternal age. There was bleeding early on due to a subchorionic hematoma, and I've had three ultrasounds due to it. Unfortunately, the ultrasounds show I have two fibroids this time. (The assumption is preterm labor started with my son because my cervix thought the combined weight of my son and the fibroid meant it was time to start labor.) The hope is we will be able to avoid that this time.

I'm a sixth grade teacher. I usually teach summer school, but my doctor wanted me to be on modified bed rest (no strenuous exercise, no long walks, no heavy lifting, and no vacuuming). I am bored out of my mind.
Janey likes this.

June 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Wow! I'm glad your doctor has you on modified bedrest. It seems like it is safest for you and baby!

I have a DS who is also 3.5 (or will be in a month), born 6 weeks early with IUGR. We were lucky enough to only spend 2 weeks in the NICU though. I have another child, DD born 14 months later with PTL and IUGR again but no NICU stay. Hoping to have a baby over 4 lbs this time around!

Will you be getting the 17p shots, or do they not recommend it with the fibroids? Praying for your healthy pregnancy and delivery!
Caroline - November '12

June 6th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome & Congrats! Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful
Cocoa Sashimi likes this.

June 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the November DDC! I hope the modified bedrest helps you to keep the little one in there as long as possible!

June 6th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
Welcome and congrats. I too am on modified bed rest and understand the boredom. There is just so much you can do before it doesn't appeal to you any more. There are times where I should get out of bed and I just don't want too. I have good days and bad (headaches are my bad). I'm trying to get into a routine but that hasn't happened yet. I hope I do or I might go insane.

June 6th, 2012, 05:58 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Welcome and congrats. I have 3 and this is #4 for me. My DS was born at 30 weeks and spent 2 and 1/2 months in the NICU but is happy and healthy now. Good luck and I hope you can keep your LO in as long as possible.
June 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad they are being careful and monitoring you well. It does sound like modified bedrest is a good thing for you.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 6th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Welcome and congratulations! We have a lot of mothers in here who are having their rainbow baby.

June 6th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome our situations sound similar! My ds was born 15 weeks early and spent almost 4 months in the NICU so i can totally relate to that! I also have a subchorionic hematoma but thankfully mine is not that bad, still have to take it easy also though

June 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpaper06 View Post
Will you be getting the 17p shots, or do they not recommend it with the fibroids?
My doctor has me inserting a 200 mg capsule of Prometrium nightly. I see him later today, so I will ask about the 17p shots.

I learned with my first pregnancy that there isn't a lot of consistent information about fibroids out there. For some women, including me, they grow during pregnancy due to the extra hormones. Others see them stop growing or shrink. Only thing that can be done is track them via ultrasounds just like my pregnancy with my son. It's so frustrating to feel so helpless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondeyes View Post
I too am on modified bed rest and understand the boredom. There is just so much you can do before it doesn't appeal to you any more. There are times where I should get out of bed and I just don't want too. I have good days and bad (headaches are my bad). I'm trying to get into a routine but that hasn't happened yet. I hope I do or I might go insane.
I feel the same way. I had a huge list of things I wanted to accomplish during this summer break, and I had to go through the list and modify it to what I could accomplish. I am trying to find a balance between what I feel is lounging around doing nothing and trying to do little projects. I understand I need to rest, and I am doing it. However, I'm used to going 100 mph at work, so it's hard feeling so limited.

Last edited by Cocoa Sashimi; June 6th, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
June 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! Glad you have "delurked" now! It sounds like you have had a really tough few years. I hope you have a happy and healthy (and uneventful) rest of your pregnancy!

June 6th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Veteran
Welcome and congrats!! We have the same due date This is my first (I'm 33, married for 9 years). I hope all continues to go well with your health and the pregnancy!
June 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats... Sounds like things have been and still are rough for you. I'm glad you're on bedrest though, and I hope this LO can stay in as long as possible.

June 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Welcome and I'm sorry its been so rough on you already. I bet those little kids will be missing you but I think its definitely best to do well for the baby. We don't want another NICU visit this time. KUP and I hope things go smoothly for you these next few months!
June 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
evergirl23's Avatar Expecting #1!
Welcome to the Nov. DDC! It does sound like things have been rough for you, and I don't envy you being on modified bed rest. Hopefully it will help everything go smoothly for the remainder of your pregnancy, though! I love reading, so if you need some good book recommendations, let me know.
June 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpaper06 View Post
Will you be getting the 17p shots
I asked my doctor yesterday about this, and he said when he starts a patient on the Prometrium capsules, he usually has them continue getting the progesterone that way as opposed to switching them to the injections. Although he tell me I could switch if DH or I wanted to administer the injections. I'll pass.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search