*6/6 Photo Challenge - Nursery*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Cocoa Sashimi
  • 2 Post By Pixie
  • 5 Post By mollymalone
  • 1 Post By Cocoa Sashimi
  • 2 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Today's picture is either of the nursery or where the baby will live. Most of us probably don't have a nursery set up yet, so even if you want to post a picture of the bedding or theme, that will work.

June 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Crib - It's a Munire Urban Lifetime Crib in espresso. Our son is currently using it as his bed, but he has picked out a new bed that we will purchase in August.

Nursery - When we bought our house, this was the kids' room. We turned it into an office and ignored the hideous bright yellow and purple trim. We painted the walls cream and painted the trim white for our son's nursery. (Our son moved to the bigger room last year, and it's painted 100 Acre Morning by Behr and has a Cars theme - his choice). If baby cooperates on the 21st and shows us his/her gender, we'll paint it another color.

For a girl, I love a muted cherry blossom theme.

For another boy, I am unsure about a theme.
*Izzy's*Mommy* likes this.

Last edited by Cocoa Sashimi; June 6th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
June 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
So I've never done a nursery in my life and the thought of decorating one is slightly frightening and exciting. I've gotten various decorations (shadow boxes, etc.) for the walls but I wasn't going to spend an outrageous amount of $ on bedding since they'll be peeing, pooping, and throwing up on it. I did, however, find an $80-100 set at a consignment shop for $16 that was in great shape!

And since we're going "green" for now, I thought this was neutral enough for a boy or girl. If it ended up being a boy I'd pull out more of the animals, browns, greens, etc. If it was a girl I'd pull out more of the letters, yellows, and reds.

Here's the quilt that goes with the bed skirt, 2 crib sheets, bumper, pillow, and receiving blanket.

June 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The nursery isn't set up yet, but these are the themes I am thinking of.

For a girl - Pottery Barn Fairy Bedding. I could not find a pic of a whole nursery set up with it, but this is it. It is retired, but you can still get it on eBay. It's out of my budget though, so I'd have to get lucky and find it used:

For a boy - JoJo Forest Friends:

I could still change my mind either way.

June 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can not, in good conscience, show the room that will soon become the nursery. DH and I affectionately refer to the space as the "Room of Requirement."

However, we're slowly getting all the crap we've stored in there forever sorted, sold, or tossed out, so we can get down to the business of creating a nursery.

We plan to go with a neutral wall, with bright pops of color around the room. It will basically be gender neutral. We do not really have a theme we're going with, although we've both agreed we'd like to throw in a few owls here and there, because they're so darn cute.

MIL is making the crib bedding for us, so once we know the gender, she can get the material and get started. The material we have picked out (along with matching solids) are these:

For a boy:

And for a girl:

June 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
However, we're slowly getting all the crap we've stored in there forever sorted, sold, or tossed out, so we can get down to the business of creating a nursery.
We had to do the same thing with our first. The owl theme is SUPER cute!!!
mollymalone likes this.

June 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy

these are kind of the looks we will be going for...
June 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I know our theme is dinosaurs, but as far as what patterns and prints I am not 100% sure yet. DH and I really like Jill McDonald's dino pattern the best so far. I will probably sew my own curtains and crib duster. I'm not crazy about the Dark green crib duster that comes with the quilt, and I would like to make some beige/light tan curtains to go with the dino window valance. Here's what's in my wishlist at the moment (we are waiting to see if we find any cuter dino patterns).

Think4Yourself and samspain like this.
June 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post

MIL is making the crib bedding for us, so once we know the gender, she can get the material and get started. The material we have picked out (along with matching solids) are these:

For a boy:

And for a girl:
I LOVE this! I love owls they are so cute. I am going with an owl theme if we are having a girl. I really like that material. Cute!
June 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we are team pink again, I plan on having both girls in one room for a while.
This is Izzy's room now. Although Im not sure if I want to do the same theme for both beds.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
June 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's a girl, she will have this but with her name instead of big sister's:

If it's a boy, he will have the same crib, but with bedding something along these lines--I just want simple green or white:

June 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This baby will be in our room until she is sleeping through the night, then she will share with DS (who is 2 now.) We have a dark wood Ikea bedroom set so I am getting her the crib that matches, not sure about bedding though. DS is still using his crib and it converts to a bed anyway.

June 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Sashimi View Post
Crib - It's a Munire Urban Lifetime Crib in espresso. Our son is currently using it as his bed, but he has picked out a new bed that we will purchase in August.

Nursery - When we bought our house, this was the kids' room. We turned it into an office and ignored the hideous bright yellow and purple trim. We painted the walls cream and painted the trim white for our son's nursery. (Our son moved to the bigger room last year, and it's painted 100 Acre Morning by Behr and has a Cars theme - his choice). If baby cooperates on the 21st and shows us his/her gender, we'll paint it another color.

For a girl, I love a muted cherry blossom theme.

For another boy, I am unsure about a theme.
LOVE the cherry blossom bedding!

June 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Izzy's*Mommy* View Post
LOVE the cherry blossom bedding!
Me too, but there is NO way I am playing $279 for a three piece bedding set from Restoration Hardware. The cherry blossom skirt alone is $119 for a crib; that is insane to me. I'll be looking at fabrics to sew to copy this look.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search