Freaky Dreams :(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I finally slept decent last night for the first time in months, but I had all these awful dreams. In one of them, I was in the hospital and had just given birth to my daughter and she had an extra face! The whole dream was spent trying to find a plastic surgeon to fix her face. Ugh... The dreams went downhill from there. I woke up all startled and kept telling myself we would have seen if she had 2 noses on the ultrasound. Sheesh. I don't know where all that came from. Anyone else having bizare dreams lately or is it just me? I don't think I have a deep down fear of my child having like 2 heads so don't know where that came from! Kind of glad I have an u/s tomorrow though!

June 6th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah I've been having terrible dreams about twice a week for a few weeks now.
June 6th, 2012, 07:29 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can feel your pain! I have the worst and craziest dreams. The worst one yet was one where my youngest DD drowned in a pool. I woke up crying. Another one last night I had a baby girl but, I couldn't remember her name and I was so embarrassed/ashamed for not knowing my own baby's name. I dream almost constantly all night every night it seems. It's exhausting! LOL

June 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am SO over pregnancy dreams!!!!

It's become a nightly thing, and although sometimes they're... ahem... fun , more often than not, they are freaky, weird, or just plain terrifying.

June 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
I too, have been suffering from horrible dreams. The one that keeps replaying is that my baby died in utero. It terrifies me. I do anything I can to feel this baby and nothing has worked...
June 6th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Yikes. Those do sound scary! And no, you're not alone. My dreams fluctuate. The other night I had a dream I was breastfeeding. Never done it in my life but I was in my dream lol. But then some nights I'll have dreams that someone opened a door on my stomach or I fell down some stairs or someone is chasing me. They are really all over the place. I told DH about them and he looks at me like I'm coo-coo. lol PG hormones really know how to freak you out!
June 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Regular
Yes, the dreams are so disruptive to sleeping properly! I have been experiencing the same thing Luckily, nightmares are only occasionally, but the dreams are always weird and vivid even when they're not scary.
June 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Definitely not alone. I had a dream a few nights ago that my DF was in love with someone else, was sorry he got me pregnant and wanted nothing to do with me or the baby I woke up and was soooo sick to my stomach.

Last night I had a dream that the baby could press himself so hard against my skin I could see his outline from head to toe and could kinda cup him in my hand, and then he took off back into my belly and was going like crazy.. lol wth?!?!

<3
June 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
YES!! <--- I'll just keep it at that.

June 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah. I've had some pretty weird and some downright scary dreams. One night last week I had a horrible night's sleep and woke up about 6 times. Each time I fell asleep I had a different dream about DH leaving me.

June 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM
MelNYC's Avatar Melissa
I'm in crazy-dream-town too. I haven't had many horrible ones, mostly just weird. Like my doctor called me and told me she just realized I'm having twins (I'm not) and that the second baby was hiding behind the first in each ultrasound. Weird stuff.
June 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
LOL Glad it's not just me! Seems almost every night there's something either terrifying or just plain wacky. Last one was realizing I'd had the baby over a week ago and had forgotten to nurse it, so it decided to leave us and go live with a new family! My DH patiently listens when I describe my dreams, at this point (baby #5) he's used to the effects of hormones!

June 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Celiac Disease
i had a weird dream of War of the Worlds, alien takeover.. I was at parents house hiding with DH, DS, and new baby.. We were trying to quiet the new baby so the aliens/zombie's wouldn't come into the home... We boarded it up tight.. And we were trying to get Charlie outside to play but there were humans in disguise as traps...

Next dream, at the hospital sharing a room with two others.. one on my left side, the other at the foot of my bed in a wheelchair.. I wasn't pregnant, and I was recovering from something...

Ugh... can't I have a good dream about the new baby!!! Seriously!!!

NTNP and TTC #3. Hoping for a BFP August 2014 (hoping for april/may baby)
June 7th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have strange dreams too.
June 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, same here! They aren't always weird but they are pretty much constant all night long. I haven't had one night without a dream since before I got pregnant. Normally I forget them but these are all so vivid. I started a dream journal for them! Well, the non-freaky ones anyway!

A couple days ago I had a dream I was at dinner (probably thanksgiving! LOL) but the timing was different than IRL and I was super early and my water broke and I went into labor but I was very premature and there was much more to the dream that I can't remember now but it was scary!

Thankfully most of my dreams ATM are on the fun side of freaky as opposed to the scary side .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search