doulas?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For those of you that have used a doula in the past, what are "typical " services included and what is a decent rate? I have found 3 in my area, one of which has a website that shows what all her birth package includes and prices. The other 2 only found a name email address and phone number so I would have to contact them for their service and rates. I just don't know what is considered a good package for the price, KWIM?

Here is what the first one lists

Birth Doula Package**An Intial Consultation appointment (we can discuss options, and you can decide if I am who you want to work with)- This appointment is*free*of charge!
* A resource packet full of information about childbirth and pregnancy. Also includes coupons, products samples and gifts just for you!
*1-2 Prenatal visits
* Help creating a birth “plan” to fit your needs
* Continuous phone and email support throughout your entire pregnancy
* On-call 24 hours beginning two weeks before your “due date”
* Unlimited use of my lending library and resource binders
* Continuous support throughout your labor, birth and as long as you need me, up to two hours right after the birth
* Initial breastfeeding support
*1 Postpartum follow-up visit
Price of this package -*$350.00- $400.00*(additional charges will be applied for additonal services or appointments or for out of the area travel)*** *150.00 deposit to hold services is due at first prenatal visit. Additional fees must all be payed by 37wks.***** I am whiling to work with you on a sliding scale for low income families and teen mothers.*

ETA: I live in a very rural area, no cities around at all so cost of living is pretty low

Last edited by clm817; June 6th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
June 6th, 2012, 06:00 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I lived in a pretty rural area with my first, and that package is almost exactly what my doula offered. Her regular fee was $500, but she gave a hefty discount to military families.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I looked around my area and 350-500$ seemed the going rate around here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search