First few months

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had this on the AP board but I thought it would be interesting to hear what you ladies have to say.What were your first few months as a mother like? Did you enjoy the newborn period? Moms with older kids--was it easier or harder this time around?

DD was very high needs...I couldn't even put her down for a few mins to go to the bathroom without her screaming bloody murder. I basically held her 24/7. She's never slept well, fights her sleep like crazy, will only sleep in my arms, a carrier or if I'm lying with her in bed, and takes very short naps so my house was a mess! (still is sometimes!) It was really hard to get anything done. Thankfully she's not quite as high maintenance anymore. I wouldn't go back though, sadly I did not enjoy the newborn age very much

June 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dd wanted to be held all the time, but that was okay by me since she was the first. She took forever to sttn, but took good, long naps during the day, so I slept with her and was good for sleep. I enjoyed her being a newborn although it was high stress. But there is just such a special bond between newborns and their mommies. Call me selfish, but for the most part I love that exclusivity. It was much more difficult when I went back to work, though. I was very sleep deprived.

Ds is pretty easy. Though he likes to be held a lot too, which can be hard with two. But he's been consistently sttn since he was like three weeks old which is just amazing to me! I have really enjoyed his infanthood. He was also much easier to bf. With my first I was constantly looking ahead to the next milestone, with him I am just enjoying him in the moment and I like that much better. I always find myself telling him not to grow up so fast.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Claire was pretty needy in the beginning. I still tried my best to enjoy her newborn days even though I was stressed out. I really do miss her being tiny. I feel like her babyhood is getting away from me and I really wish I could put on the brakes. I'm hoping I can savor it more with the next baby since I'll have an idea of what I'm in for.

June 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
ukmumof3's Avatar Veteran
I am really enjoying having a baby again I was worried before she was born because all my other kids cried all the time and didn't sleep well at all and I spent the newborn period with them like a zombie totally knackered.
Mya is totally different she sleeps great to the point where now I'm thinking she's sleeping a bit to much. She only ever cries when she wakes up and wants to get up but as soon as she's up she's happy all the time. I just hate that it's going by so fast it only seems like yesterday she was born and now she's getting on for 4 months already.
June 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HATE the newborn phase! Up until 3 months usually it is AWFUL. I have windy, colicky, refluxy babies. Not enjoyable at all.

June 8th, 2012, 06:08 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Im with Sarah...the newborn phase sucked!!! Conor slept all day and then was awake every hour at night. He had colic issues so he was crying all the time. I was a walking ZOMBIE lol. Now he will be 5 months next week and he is sleeping through the night, smiling, laughing and playing. He is a joy now. The only thing I miss is having him be tiny. He grew up wayyy too fast.

June 8th, 2012, 02:13 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a love hate relationship with the newborn phase. I loved that he was tiny. I hated how needy he was. I couldn't go to the bathroom or make dinner without him screaming bloody murder. If he was napping he would wake up the minute I left the room. I also had a really rough recovery. I struggle with low blood pressure so I was constantly fainting. I could barely get off the couch for 2 weeks then another 2 weeks before I could leave the house. The first month was such a blur with recovering I barely remember it ...

But I really miss my little Newborn and I'm looking forward to the next.

June 10th, 2012, 09:00 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though my kids tend to be pretty easy/laidback, I'm not a huge fan of the newborn stage. They're cute and everything, but I like it when their heads aren't so noodly and they have a bit of control over themselves. And I just looooove the 3 month old smiles and coos!

My first month or so of motherhood was very stressful, due to problems breastfeeding (my milk never did come in very well) and multiple trips to the hospital because Jojo wasn't gaining weight. It was a battle that I learned from so when Livy came around I wasn't' as stressed out during the first month of her life, but my body was still sore and the hormones are just crazy during that time, that I prefer life to be a little calmer during the 3 month period.

June 10th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
The newborn stage was very hard on us. Robby broke my tailbone on his way out; he is allergic to the proteins in cow's milk, but we didn't know for 5 weeks, so he was in constant pain for the first 6 weeks of his life and screamed almost nonstop for all of that time. We were both suffering and nobody was sleeping very well. Then I had to go back to work, and I am very sad that our short time together was so stressful and difficult for everyone.

Now, things are much better and he sleeps well and eats well and plays well and is happy most of the time. I treasure every minute I can spend with him and feel proud of how he's turning out, and also a little nostalgic for his younger days.

June 10th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm not fond of the newborn stage. They aren't that cute to me to begin with during that time. They wake up several times a night, they go to the doctor all the time, they cry and cry and cry. I love when they hit 3 months. ♥ it from then on.
sarah_19_nz likes this.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
June 11th, 2012, 04:39 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
jake got RSV (bad cold) at 5 days old and I spent his first newborn days in the hospital freaking out, but besides THAT (gulp), I LOVED the newborn stage. He slept in my arms. My voice settled him instantly. He was such an easy baby. eat, sleep, poop. NTM, I was home with him vs. being stuck at work thinking about him I really thought to myself, why do people say this is so hard?
June 12th, 2012, 07:02 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved the first month or so, she was pretty easy and I didn't mind at all sitting and cuddling with her all day. Once she got some good head control though she MUST be sitting up most of the day, which means I have to be holding her and can't do much else. I think I'll enjoy it much more when she can sit on her own, or at least sit better propped up with me next to her.

She also gets fussier every day it seems like ugh, teething!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search