Baths

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RandE
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DD and I love taking baths together. She loves the water and the skin to skin contact; she's so relaxed! Sometimes it makes me wish I could have a water birth.

Anyone else enjoy baths or showers with their LOs?

June 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do! I love the time together. Wouldn't give a bath any other way.
June 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't take a lot of baths so I've only bathed with her a few times but she really enjoys it! She likes the room to splash around in the big tub. Right now we bathe her in the kitchen sink because it's so easy but she's getting too long for it. I think she would really enjoy her bath seat in the big tub. I kinda dread it because it would kill my back! I think I'll farm out bath time to daddy once we make the switch lol.

June 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Most of the time she bathes with me unless I am in a hurry. Then she's bathed in the girls' smaller tub.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
June 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok. I'm just going to throw this out there. It's probably just me because I'm a prude. But I find bathing with baby WEIRD. lol

My friends do all the time. I'm like.... wwhhhhaaaaa? lol.

1. I think it's weird
2. how in the world do you get anything accomplished?
3. How in the H do you get out of the tub? Babies are slippery, man! Or at least mine is. lol
sarah_19_nz likes this.

June 9th, 2012, 11:50 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you Allie!~

June 10th, 2012, 08:52 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just took a shower with my 18 month old yesterday because, quite frankly, we were both dirty/sweaty (from being outside all day with sunscreen on) and it was just faster to wash both of us at the same time. But yeah, I don't think I could do it with my 4 month old. Not because I think it's weird, but because I don't know how I would logistically do it with a baby that small with no control over their body. How do you do it?

June 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I generally don't like to show a lot of skin or be naked but I figure she came from my body anyway and I'm not ashamed of it. I breast feed, guess we have skin to skin naked contact through that way too. Plus a baby this small wouldn't remember anyway. I def. think there is an age where bathing with your kids naked might be kind of weird. DH used to sauna with his parents (along with other adults that were strangers!) butt naked as a teenager at a spa and I wouldn't be caught dead doing that! I used to beg my mom to bathe with me as a little kid but of course outgrew that.

She can sit up pretty well so I just sit her on my lap (silently praying she won't poop! lol) or lean back and have her lay on my chest. I imagine it would be difficult with a newborn though; we didn't start bathing together until she had full head control.

June 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Katara has only ever taken a bath with me I found the baby tubs to be a waste all my babies love to bath with me best
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

June 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I don't think I could shower at all with Winter. Too slippery. Bathtubs are easy. When she was a newborn, I'd lay her across my lap while sitting indian style, and now I sit her up in the tub using my legs as support. She'll often nurse in the tub as well. I still bathe with my first. She doesn't seem to notice nudity at all, but she does get right up next to my boob if I'm nursing.

The little tubs are just a hassle most of the time. I almost got a tummy tub, but went frugal this time. If I don't need a bath, I use a towel or baby bath sponge at the bottom of their tub.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
June 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried bathing and showering with Lara when she was a baby and I almost dropped her a few times because she gets soooo slippery. I don't trust myself! Lucy had her first bath with her sister the other night, I have to hold her in the big bath and it's quite hard on my back but it's soooo much easier than filling up the baby tub UGH. And she loves kicking in the deep water

June 12th, 2012, 06:49 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take a bath with my girl every night almost. Well I'm not bathing myself, just in the tub with her. She tends to get very fussy later at night and it helps relax her a ton. She loves the water, and so do it. So its nice. DF feels very weird when he has to do it though.

As for getting out, I do have a little bath seat from my baby shower. I put a towel on it before the bath, put her on it and wrap her up after the bath, get out and dry off then pick her up. Though I have just put a towel on the floor and done the same thing when the seat wasn't with me.

I really was not a fan of the seat at all using it for its intended purpose.

June 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bailey- View Post
I take a bath with my girl every night almost. Well I'm not bathing myself, just in the tub with her. She tends to get very fussy later at night and it helps relax her a ton. She loves the water, and so do it. So its nice. DF feels very weird when he has to do it though.

As for getting out, I do have a little bath seat from my baby shower. I put a towel on it before the bath, put her on it and wrap her up after the bath, get out and dry off then pick her up. Though I have just put a towel on the floor and done the same thing when the seat wasn't with me.

I really was not a fan of the seat at all using it for its intended purpose.

This is off topic, but nice siggy!

June 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks...I have actually never had a real siggy on JM before haha

June 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even like taking baths myself so bathing with her seems like it would be a waste of time for me. I'm naked around her all the time, so it's not that, it's just that I get bored in the bath and I'm too tall to fit in the tub comfortably. (And too fat! Ha!)

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
June 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I've bathed and showered with jade. I do it when dh is there. He puts her in and gets her out. If we take a bath I just have him hand her to me , then I wash her up and play a few minutes. Then he comes back and dries her and dresses her.
Then I clean up and relax and usually make the water really hot for me. Then I get out.

If we shower, I put her tub in my shower and sit her in it but I do that after I'm cleaned myself. Dh brings her and gets her out.

I could complain a lot of him but come to think of it , he does pretty much everything with and for her at night when he's off work. (except feeding).

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 17th, 2012, 03:50 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Allie i completely agree,Maybe when he hits 6-8months we can bath together but there's no way right now. He's all over the place right now i wouldn't get anything done.

June 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I've done two baths it was fun. But not comfortable for me I did a lot cooler water than I'm use to. I normally have steaming hot baths and showers.. I like and enjoy it minus the color water.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
June 22nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
Chloe has a little whale bath tub that I fill and put in our shower when I need to shower and hubby isn't there to watch her. The warm water keeps her content long enough for me to get a shower and then I wash her before getting her out...... (I only have done this a few times because she has just grown to the point where she can no longer reach the water with her mouth in any way i.e. has the risk of drowning.)

I wouldn't trust myself to hold onto her while in the tub.... maybe if we both just sat and no washing was trying to be done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search