GTKY-travel

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kellysensei

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What's the best vacation you've ever gone on? ? If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Pictures are welcome

June 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I can't say I have ever really cared for any vacation I have been on. Though my husband and I have been married for seven years, we've not taken a family vacation yet. Stuff done with my parents was stuff my dad liked. Stuff like fishing or ball games. I hate fishing, and I hate baseball. lol If we could afford to travel right now, we would go to Alaska to see whales or to this train ride thing that takes you to Germany, Italy, Spain, and France.
June 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
^ Awesome train ride!!

DH and I honeymooned in Japan. That was awesome, but it stunk as a honeymoon, because it was more about Japan than about us as a couple, kwim?

The best vacation we ever went on was last year -- we went to Florida to visit one of DH's friends; we spent the days together going to the beach and chilling out, and we spent the evenings with DH's buddy. We spent a lot of time together and I felt sooo relaxed and connected with DH. That was the best vacation I've ever had!

June 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to Kentucky with SO for a few days to see the 2010 World Equestrian Games. It was amazing! I LOVE LOVE Kentucky. It's were I'm supposed to be. So It was just amazing!

If I could travel anywhere..... Australia. Hands down. Close second would be Italy or Germany.

June 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My favorite vacation was our honeymoon in Punta Cana. We stayed at a resort so all we had to do was relax on the beach and drink all day. My kind of vacay!

If I could go anywhere I would go to Egypt.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

June 10th, 2012, 07:56 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've traveled a lot in my short life so far (dad was an airline pilot so growing up we'd take two vacation a year). I'd say probably my favorite vacation so far was last year we went to Portland Oregon and drank all the micro-breweries and wineries we could! It was awesome! (Plus we got the coolest vacation souvenir ever - our baby Livy!).

Probably one of my favorite vacation spots for just relaxing and nature would be Kauai, Hawaii. Love it there!

If I could go anywhere in the world I would choose Greece.

June 10th, 2012, 09:50 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Cancun...we've been twice and I'm trying to save up money so we can go sometime soonish. LOL

I too would love to travel to Greece.
June 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post
^ Awesome train ride!!

DH and I honeymooned in Japan. That was awesome, but it stunk as a honeymoon, because it was more about Japan than about us as a couple, kwim?
We went to Japan for our honeymoon, too! I also lived there for 2+ years and those were two of the best years of my life - but that doesn't really count as a "vacation." One of my best vacations was a week in Sydney, Australia, in 2004. The food was great, the weather was great, the people were really nice, and I spent exactly what I had budgeted.

I've been to 14 countries and hope to make it to at least 25 in my life. Top on my priority list are probably Thailand, Croatia, and Turkey.
Blue-Jay likes this.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

June 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been on MANY fab holidays right here in New Zealand. Beach holidays are my favourite! I Lived in Aussie for 4 years and had some amazing holidays there too. On June 30th I'm off to Fiji with my parents, taking the girls so that should be an experience!

June 12th, 2012, 03:11 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I dont have any pics here but my favorite place to travel is Key West, Florida. I love laying on the lip of the pool and soaking in the sun. There is sooo much to do there, from tours to boat excursions and shopping. The drag shows there are awesome too! lol. The sunset is the best in the world. It looks like the sun is melting into the ocean.

June 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think my fav. vacation so far is to Marsa Alam, Egypt...right on the Red Sea. We went around Christmas so the weather was perfect. Very warm but not too warm like it is in the summer there. The only awkward thing was that I got stared at a lot by the men..that was kind of uncomfortable. Would love to go back to Egypt to see the pyramids.

On the top of my list are Australia, Japan, Dubai, Thailand, The Maldives or Seychelles. DH and I were actually planning a trip to Thailand for last Fall but then we thought better of it because we found out I was pregnant.

June 17th, 2012, 03:14 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I want to take a vacation to disney land with kyler and DF. Maybe when kyler is around 6ish.

June 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Best vacation I've been on 3 cruises when I was younger with m family. I'd say the best one was going to Jamaica and climbing a waterfall. I really would like to go to Ireland / Germany/ Italy. :-)

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search