Healthy Living and Shrinking those Tinker Bellies check in for June 11 to June 17

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By muffin300

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay ladies, please check in here every day this week with what healthy living you are doing for the day. Let us know what workout your doing or what sort of healthy treats your eating.

For today I got up and did a 40 minute circuit training workout. This was my first real workout since Jacob was born. Tonight I'm going to try to do 20 minutes of abs. My abs are shot right now. I want to try to bring the skin back to the muscle. I hate that little pooch you get after giving birth.

As far as eating today, I had oatmeal for breakfast, a ham and chees sandwich with some veggie chips for lunch and dinner will be spaghetti made with whole grain noodles.

Hope everybody else has a great, healthy day!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dang, 40 minutes of circuit training! Go you!!

Today I did a 15 minute ab workout DVD. It was absolutely pathetic. I also signed up for the local Stroller Strides group, yay!
June 11th, 2012, 12:49 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Ive been doing ab exercises and kettlebell everyday. Last night we had grilled chicken, green peas and salad for supper. This weekend we splurged on ribeyes, rolls, salad and fried potatoes. Tonight is taco salad. Ive been cutting back on sweets. I just need to tone up more.

[
June 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
For Tuesday, I got up and did 40 minutes of a bootcamp type workout. Although I had to take a break halfway and feed Jacob. I'm going to try to do 20 minutes of abs tonight. I didn't end up doing any last night. DH and I decided to have some fun..lol.

For breakfast I had oatmeal, lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich again and for dinner we are having cedar plank salmon, rice and green beans.

How are you ladies doing on this Tuesday?

June 12th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
DH and I decided to have some fun..lol.
Assisted cardio!

No workout here yet today but as soon as I'm back from the chiropractor, I'm going to do a DVD if Kira is napping.

Update: No luck on the nap, so we took a walk instead. 1 mile and the equivalent of 11 floors of elevation (according to the pedometer).

Last edited by CarolynBB; June 12th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
June 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynBB View Post
Assisted cardio!

Update: No luck on the nap, so we took a walk instead. 1 mile and the equivalent of 11 floors of elevation (according to the pedometer).
Jacob's naps or should I say not napping get in the way of my workouts also. Glad you got a walk in yesterday.

For Wednesday, I got up this morning while Jacob was still sleeping and did a 30 minute step aerobics workout. Tonight I'll try to do abs again. I did fit in some abs last night. My abs are just so stretched out from the pregnancy. I really can't wait until they get back to normal.

As far as eating today I had oatmeal for breakfast again, spaghetti for lunch and tonight for dinner we are having a pork tenderloin cooked on the grill with some green beans and some mac n cheese for Jackson. I'll try to stay away from the mac n cheese but that's hard sometimes. So yummy!!

June 13th, 2012, 06:07 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh.. I am having such a hard time getting anything done, let alone getting the time to eat good meals or work out . i really want to do a work out once Lydia goes to sleep. but I also have to shower, clean, fold/put away laundry, eat, sleep. so we shall see.
June 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
My back injury was flaring up last night, so I took today as a rest day and only did some stretching.
June 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Super Mommy
Monday i spent 80 min on the elliptical
Tuesday nothing
Wednesday 30 min on the elluptical
Thursday (this morning) again 30 min on the elliptical ..... im pretty boring
June 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Carolyn I hope your back feels better soon.

Jill you will eventally figure out a schedule that let's you get back into the swing of things. I know it is hard somedays for me to get a workout done.

Alicia as long as your doing something I wouldn't worry about doing the same thing.
Right now with these newborns we do what we can.

For Thursday, I did a 45 minute circuit workout and I'm going to do abs again tonight. I ended up doing 10 minutes of abs last night. Jacob needed to be fed which cut my ab work short.

As far as eating, for breakfast, I had oatmeal. i think it is really uping my milk supply. For lunch I had Ham and cheese sandwich and veggie crisp. And for dinner we are having hamburgers with bake beans.

June 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I did my first Stroller Strides class today. It was fun! There was walking, jogging, core work, leg and arm work with resistance tubing, and stretching. I'm going to try to keep going weekly. Hopefully my back won't be pissed tomorrow!
June 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynBB View Post
I did my first Stroller Strides class today. It was fun! There was walking, jogging, core work, leg and arm work with resistance tubing, and stretching. I'm going to try to keep going weekly. Hopefully my back won't be pissed tomorrow!
Stroller Strides sounds like fun. How's your back today? Fine I hope.

I got up this morning and did 30 minutes of bootcamp and then 10 minutes of abs.

for breakfast I had oatmeal, lunch was ham and chees and dinner I'm going to be bad we are having BBQ Ribs. And I can't wait. So yummy.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.

June 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did something today!!! . MIL came over today while DS was napping and she walked DD around while I died 20 mins of cardio and10-15 mins of toning. . now I just have to eat a healthy dinner and get a shower in today and will be feeling good.
melissalaw likes this.
June 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Stroller Strides sounds like fun. How's your back today? Fine I hope.
It's a bit sore, but Tylenol is helping.

Today I walked for a couple of miles and did a bunch of stretching.
June 16th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Today I did an arm workout DVD and more stretching.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search