Shrinking Those Tinker Bellies Check In June 18 to June 24

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Always~Hoping~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everybody's workouts going this week? How was your weekend?

I did nothing this weekend. I did try to eat good but other than clean my house there was no working out going on.

For Monday, I got up and did 45 minutes of circuit training. I am finding that my heartrate gets up really quickly now. All that bedrest while I was pregnant really took a toll on my cardio endurance. Tonight I will try to get in some abs.

For breakfast this morning I had some oatmeal, lunch was a homemade pimento cheese sandwich ( delicious, I'll try to post the recipe under the recipe thread so you guys can try), I also had a fresh tomato out of my dad's garden and it was awesome. for dinner we are having cedar plank salmon with rice and green beans.

Hope your Monday workouts and eating are good!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job!!

I didn't do anything yesterday either. No guilt!

Today I did the "Walk Away the Pounds" 1 mile DVD, and some stretching from my FitDeck (I love the FitDeck, btw, if anyone is looking for recommendations for bodyweight exercises and stretching).

My back is still really grumpy. I'm going to call the chiro today and see if we can get it straightened out....I'm so sick of this stupid injury from 2009 that still affects me so much.
June 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sorry your back is bothering you so much. Hopefully the chiro can help you out. I am going to take Jacob and see what the chiro can do for him. I'll let you know how it goes.

June 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I guess I'll join in this week since I have the okay to work out again!

I did a mile walk pushing DD in the jogging stroller and wearing DS in his Moby this morning. Oh boy, I didn't think I was going to make it!

Breakfast was a yummy homemade breakfast burrito with egg, salsa, and leftover pork from last night's dinner. Lunch was a frozen chimi and dinner is leftover chili mac, salad, and strawberries.

Sorry your back is bothering you Carolyn! It's hard to have the motivation to do anything if your back hurts.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 19th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Marjorie glad you are joining. Your breakfast burrito sounds awesome. I might have to try that sometime soon. And what a workout you had yesterday. it is hard enough for me to carry Jacob around in his sling but I don't know if I could also push Jackson in his stroller for a mile.

For Tuesday I did 45 minutes of step aerobics and some abs. My abs are just so stretched out from the pregnancy. I can't wait until they start looking better again

For breakfast I had apple walnut oatmeal, so yummy. Lunch will be another pimento cheese sandwich and some pineapples and dinner will be spahetti with watermelon for dessert. Jackson just loves watermelon so I picked some up yesterday.

Carolyn hope your back is doing better today.

Hope everybody has great workouts on this Tuesday!!

June 19th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys. My back has good days and bad days. I ruptured a disc in 2009 and even though the acute injury is healed, there was some nerve damage that flares up from time to time. Plus being sedentary from that injury then with 2 months of bed rest at the end of my pregnancy...my muscles are NOT used to moving. But that's the point of this thread for me.

*waves hi* to Marjorie! Yay!

I'm chugging coffee now and am going to head off to Stroller Strides in about 40 minutes. My big experiment today is wearing a sports bra. Stroller Strides last week was a very bouncy experience for me...the previous time I jogged, I was a small B cup. Not anymore!
June 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I'm going to jump on in! I really need to get back to exercising and eating well! I am just so hungry all the time since I'm breast feeding! I don't always make the best choices lately so that needs to change! LOL! My workouts right now will consist of walking or jogging with DS in the jogging stroller. I am going to try and go everyday, weather permitting!

So far today I had oatmeal for breakfast, a luna bar, and a sandwich with double protein bread, turkey and cheese.

June 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Always~Hoping~ View Post
Ok, I'm going to jump on in! I really need to get back to exercising and eating well! I am just so hungry all the time since I'm breast feeding! I don't always make the best choices lately so that needs to change! LOL! My workouts right now will consist of walking or jogging with DS in the jogging stroller. I am going to try and go everyday, weather permitting!

So far today I had oatmeal for breakfast, a luna bar, and a sandwich with double protein bread, turkey and cheese.
So glad you are joining in!!! I'm hungry all the time also. That has been one challenge for me. I am trying to snack on healthy stuff when I get really hungry between meals but that's not always easy.

Carolyn, I have started wearing a sport bra also. My boobs were a small b before but now they seem huge to me. they pop out of my old bra's..lol. I always try to either pump or make sure Jacob has just eaten before I work out, that seems to help a little bit.

June 19th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

Todays workout was a light one, just shopping at Target and Safeway. The pedometer said it was almost a mile (0.94 miles) but it didn't seem bad.

Breakfast was a Luna bar, lunch was terriyaki pork and veggies (think stir fry w/o the noodles or rice) with sliced tomatoes, dinner will be salad topped with shrimp and almonds. Salad is a leftover craving from pregnancy that could be helpful for weight loss!

My Blog
June 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
For Wednesday I got up and did one of my workout DVD's. It was about 50 minutes of circuit training. I did manage to do 20 minutes of abs last night after I got Jacob down and I am going to try to do the same tonight. We shall see. Some nights he just doesn't want to go to sleep and by the time I get him down I'm too tired.

Marjorie your meals sound so yummy!! I craved alot of salads when pregnant also and i'm still eating quite of bit of salads.

For breakfast I had oatmeal with strawberries, lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich and banana and tonight we are having BBQ Chicken and bake beans.

June 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I don't have much time to work out today, so I did 10 FitDeck cards which took about 15 minutes. I'm hoping to do something else this afternoon after my dentist appt, but if I can't, at least I got the 15 min in.
June 21st, 2012, 11:41 AM
For Thursday I got up and did 30 minutes of HIIT training and about 20 minutes of weight training. I wanted to do more but Jacob had other plans..lol. He was hungry. Tonight I am going to try to do some abs but DH is going to a party so I will have to take care of both kids so I may be way too tired. Can I just say I'm not that happy that DH is going to a party while I have to stay at home with both kids, but that is a whole different story.

For breakfast I had scrambled eggs with tomatos out of my dad's garden and whole wheat toast, so yummy. Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich and some watermelon. Not sure about dinner, I will probably just pick something up since DH won't be home, but I'll try to pick up something healthy.

How is everybody else doing on this Thursday?

June 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Can I just say I'm not that happy that DH is going to a party while I have to stay at home with both kids, but that is a whole different story.
Oh man, I hate that.

I was going to do Stroller Strides today but I slept in. Then I was going to go for a walk but it's cold and foggy out. Then I was going to do my new "mom and baby" Pilates DVD but K is having none of that. So...uh...I still need to figure out what to do today.

Edit to add: I wound up doing a butt DVD.

Last edited by CarolynBB; June 21st, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
June 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM
I took Wednesday off because the kids and I had an early playgroup for MOMS Club.

Today, I did a clogging review video for an hour (oh boy was that a killer!) because we slept in, since we didn't get to bed until 11 last night. Breakfast was a Luna bar, lunch was leftovers (hamburger patty, broccoli rice, and green beans), dinner is going to be sausage lasagna, cherries and grapes, and corn.

Thanks Melissa- I get most of my ideas for meals from my dad. He was a chef before he retired.

My Blog
June 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
For Friday I got up and did 45 minutes of circuit training. tonight I have to clean some of our house so no abs tonight.

For breakfast I had oatmeal with apples, lunch was ham sandwich and not sure what dinner will be yet. I joined weight watchers yesterday and I'm doing the plan for nursing moms so I'm hoping that will help me with my eating.

I doubt I will do much working out this weekend. tomorrow we are going swimming so I will get some exercise and Sunday will be my off day. I hope everybody has great weekends.

June 22nd, 2012, 04:44 PM
Today I did a 1 mile walk in the hills with Kira in the Ergo. Note to self: walking in the hills the day after doing a squats/lunges DVD is not the brightest idea.
June 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yesterday was a rest day; I didn't do anything.

Today I played hockey in a friend's pickup game -- my first time playing hockey in nearly three years (since my back injury). Yay!!!
June 24th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Glad you had fun playing hockey Carolyn. Sounds fun and glad your back is doing good.

Yesterday I cleaned my house and we went swimming. Today I did nothing, took a rest day. We did go to Marble Slab Creamery and I had some chocolate frozen yogurt. So good. My treat for the week.

June 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I joined weight watchers today, so tomorrow I'm going to start tracking my points! It's going to be tought at first, but the first week is always the toughest!!
melissalaw likes this.

June 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I took Friday-Sunday off, though Friday was errand running and according to the pedometer I walked 1.78 miles (amazing what you do during the course of a day of shopping!)

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search