Sooooo who is excited for summer!!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I am pumped I cant wait to get to do what I want without having to work around the girls in school and I love the heat

Just sad that DD#1 will be with MIL in PEI from July 9th to the 23rd I will miss her so immensely but she will have sooooo much fun

So who else is excited for Summer?

What fun things do you plan on doing with baby?
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

June 19th, 2012, 01:41 AM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately it's stupid Winter here now!!! I guess I will enjoy snuggling by the fire. We will still get out and about though... Lara has Gymbaroo and swimming lessons so 2 of our days are out of the house, despite the chilly weather! Oh AND we are off to Fiji in 2 weeks so that will be AWESOME! Bring on the heat and swimming and just Laxing by the pool

June 19th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Not here! I am in Louisiana so I spend all year in short sleeves. When it is actually summer, we are dying from this heat! I love not waking up at 6 for school, but Alice hates being home. I hate it for her. Poor sweetie just wants to be on the go! I am ready for autumn.
June 19th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
Definitely love summer Looking forward to taking Ellie to the wading pool.
June 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
OMG I am so excited about summer!! I'm a teacher, and this is my first full week off. I am LOVING not getting up at 4:30 am, and am so enjoying being home with Robby all day. Things are so much more relaxed now. It was pleasant last week, but this week it's going to get miserably hot. I'm really looking forward to introducing him to the pool.

Speaking of which, anybody know where I can get some rubber pants? They sell swim diapers in Walmart and Target, but not cd supplies, and he needs rubber pants to get into the pool....

June 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post
OMG I am so excited about summer!! I'm a teacher, and this is my first full week off. I am LOVING not getting up at 4:30 am, and am so enjoying being home with Robby all day. Things are so much more relaxed now. It was pleasant last week, but this week it's going to get miserably hot. I'm really looking forward to introducing him to the pool.

Speaking of which, anybody know where I can get some rubber pants? They sell swim diapers in Walmart and Target, but not cd supplies, and he needs rubber pants to get into the pool....

I'm going to use a cheap pocket diaper without the insert;someone on the cd board recommended this. I have some alva dipes (around 5 bucks a piece) so I don't care if the chlorine damages them.

I have mixed feelings about the Summer. I like it at first but eventually it gets really hot/humid here and ac is not as common; most places don't even have it and the buses and trams almost never do so it can get pretty miserable for someone whose ancestors lived above the arctic circle and who grew up with cold snowy winters However I am looking forward to taking baby swimming.
Blue-Jay likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a huge fan of summer. It's 100+ here every day and too miserable to go outside. I also don't fit in any of my clothes from last summer. Blah. As far as things planned, my sister is flying in tonight and will be here for 4 days! I haven't seen her since July and she's never met Claire so we can't wait. My parents are coming in for a week on July 12th and then MIL is coming in August.

Jenny, my Target store carries Charlie Banana cloth swim diapers. I got one and it works really well but I don't know if all Targets are selling them. I think Babies R Us sells plastic diaper pants and I know they sell them on cottonbabies.com with free shipping.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

June 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
We need to get zoo passes,plus i want to take him swimming asap whenever df is off work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search