What do you do all day?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I am a ftm, and just got off for summer vacation. Robby is a pretty high-maintenance baby, who needs a lot of variety in his days or else he cries and drives me nuts. I tutor on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so he gets to go play with the babysitter's daughters for a few hours, and that holds him over. But I was wondering what sahms do to keep their LOs entertained all day every day (I need ideas for the other 5 days of the week!). He gets bored so quickly!

June 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, my goodness, Winter is the same. Sometimes we let her watch Sesame Street with her sister, sometimes we get her to watch her sister. She has a lot of toys already. We do a lot of entertaining her.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
June 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ds is easy, it is my toddler that is difficult to entertain. We went to a bounce house yesterday. Playdate are nice. Sidewalk chalk, bug hunting in the back yard, trips to the mall play yard or park, library, she loves the book and toy stores, finger painting, etc. And of course Ds just likes to watch.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 22nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DD is the same way! High maintenance and needs a lot of stimulation! She's much less fussy in public so I try to get her out as much as possible. Wish I would have known this earlier...I always assumed she'd be fussy in public too and I'd be that woman with the screaming baby on the bus. I get a lot of compliments from strangers on what an "easy" and relaxed baby she is..ha! Not so much that way at home!

We go on a lot of walks; today I took her downtown to meet a friend for lunch and then we went on a walk along the river. She didn't cry the whole time and even fell asleep without a fight...a rare occurrence at home. I also try to read to her a lot when we're home. She has a lot of toys that she can play with herself but she gets board of them quickly and then starts to fuss. I also (try) to sing to her. It's so hard to get stuff done around the house because she usually wants to be entertained. Sometimes wearing her while I do stuff isn't good enough either so some days my house is in utter chaos
Blue-Jay likes this.

June 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Super Mommy
I don't do much to entertain her she plays on her mat on the floor, she likes to watch whatever anyone is doing, sometimes she watches tv with me and she eats and sleeps. She is an extremely content little girl though.
June 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed Claire seems to have better days when we are out and about. She gets cranky a lot a home and I think it's because she gets bored. I try and go somewhere every day to get us out of the house. On the days we are home all day she usually plays with DH until he goes to work at noon. I try to all the housework done while he's home so I have the afternoon to play with her. We play with her toys and I move her around from her floor gym to exersaucer, etc. She also enjoys being worn in her baby carrier so I use that a lot too. To be honest I dread being home alone with her. Both of us get so bored!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search