Breastfeeding

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How is baby fed lately?
excusively breastfed 16 66.67%
exclusively formula fed 2 8.33%
breastfeeding with baby food 4 16.67%
formula feeding with baby food 2 8.33%
breast and formula fed 0 0%
breast and formula with baby food 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I read recently that only 13% of women breastfeed for the entir first year. It seems like the majority of us were going to give it a go so I'm curious how many are still exclusively breastfeeding with or without baby food.
June 26th, 2012, 06:06 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
EBF here.
June 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked bfing with baby food, but we just started food a few days ago and he's still pushing most of it out, so he's getting 98% breast milk still at this point.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

June 26th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ebf. I'm in no hurry to start solids. I think they are a real PITA. Maybe I'll just continue to ebf and skip the purees (I make the baby food) and just go straight to mushy real food at like eight months. But bm will continue to be his main source of food until at least a year.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's still EBF. We plan on doing baby lead weaning (giving her soft food she can feed herself) but won't start that till 6+ months. Not going to lie, one of the reasons we're waiting to start solids is because we cloth diaper and I'm not looking forward to having to get rid of the stinky poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by *krista* View Post
Ebf. I'm in no hurry to start solids. I think they are a real PITA. Maybe I'll just continue to ebf and skip the purees (I make the baby food) and just go straight to mushy real food at like eight months. But bm will continue to be his main source of food until at least a year.

btw congrats! I just noticed your siggy

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ebf here. Planning baby food at 6 month mark.

June 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still EBF here too. Will attempt solids at six months though, DF was trying to give her food at 3 months so I can't really hold him off past 6 haha

June 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Veteran
Bf and just started cereal first baby(only bkft) that seems really hungry even though I feed him a lot and I know I have plenty milk.I always bf my babies past a year old.
June 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bailey- View Post
Still EBF here too. Will attempt solids at six months though, DF was trying to give her food at 3 months so I can't really hold him off past 6 haha
My husband is the same way! He can't wait to start solids. I suppose then they can have a hand in feeding them too for once. He wants to start her now actually but I keep reminding him that the AAP recommends to wait till 6 months.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
My pediatrician said it would be fine, and Robby is almost 5 mos old, so we started solids on Sunday. I really wanted DH to be able to do more, so we jumped in earlier than I thought I wanted to. It's going to be primarily bm, with cereal and veggies just at dinner time. It's working out well with DH; he's more involved all the way around now.

June 26th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Alice was seven months, but I really want to start Rose now. I was told to wait till six. Bah...
June 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Working mommy
Jack is still eating exclusively breast milk. Half the feeds are at the breast and half the feeds are bottle (I'm pumping at work). He is definitely interested in solids. Will likely start rice cereal in a few weeks.

Our FET love to complete our family
June 27th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
EBF . Will introduce food around 6 months.
June 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Ebf. I've given her a few tastes of baby food and Cereal in the past but she didn't seem interested. So now I'm waiting to 6 months to try again. But will continue to bf to at least a year.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 27th, 2012, 12:56 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EBF. Will start solids at 6+ months. I think we may skip purees and let her feed herself soft foods.

Hillary, I totally agree! Her poop is so easy to deal with right now and it doesn't stink at all. I dread shaking gross smelly turds into the toilet. Blech.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

June 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EBF. I nursed my older son until he was two years old, only stopped a few months after getting pregnant with Joey.

June 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss View Post
She's still EBF. We plan on doing baby lead weaning (giving her soft food she can feed herself) but won't start that till 6+ months. Not going to lie, one of the reasons we're waiting to start solids is because we cloth diaper and I'm not looking forward to having to get rid of the stinky poo

btw congrats! I just noticed your siggy
Oops! I'm not expecting, I just never updated my siggy after I had Ds! I should probably do that. Thanks though, that was nice.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Not sure what I should do I don't FF and I don't BF/ I pump and she gets BM .. I guess I will do BF and baby food we are still eating carrots almost a whole week around dinner time.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
June 28th, 2012, 01:21 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I started Chloe on some cereal 4 days ago because she went from sleeping real well to waking up every 2- hrs at night for 3+ weeks straight.... one of the ladies suggested feeding her cereal and night 2 into it she went back to sleeping well.

Right now I just am giving her a little bit of cereal at her 2 pm and 9 pm feedings.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search