Alva diapers?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone used these? I'm intrigued because they're so cheap and have so many cute prints. Are they really too good to be true though? The website looks a little sketchy too. All the engrish is throwing me off lol. So if you've used them, what do you think?

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

July 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 18 alva dipes and we really like them. I'm not sure if they'll last us more than 1 kid but at around $5 a diaper we don't really care. I've read good reviews on them from other people as well. I was nervous about the website too but everything worked out ok. Shipping is free and they say it takes 3-4 weeks but ours made it here in 2. Pretty good considering I'm still waiting on something I ordered from the States that shipped June 1st...grrr. I would recommend stuffing them with something more absorbent though. The insert they come with was fine for us at first but now that she's older we need something more absorbent; although she might be a heavy wetter. I think you can buy bamboo inserts and mf/bamboo inserts from their site for pretty cheap.

July 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks! I have the itch to buy more diapers and I need another diaper like a need a hole in the head . I can justify it if the diapers are only $5 each. What do the different series mean? They have A series, F series, J series, etc. All the diapers look the same so I'm assuming it's just different prints? The website doesn't explain it.

July 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm always wanting to try new diaper brands too! My husband would kill me though! I don't browse diapers online anymore otherwise I'd be too tempted to buy.

I think there can be *slight* variations between some of the series. For instance the 3 diapers I have from the G series have flaps that you can put over the pocket that cover the insert, if that makes any sense. Some of my dipes have a tag sewn on the outside that says "alvababy", some don't. Otherwise they are all the same except the prints of course.

July 4th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks! I can't look at diapers either lol. That's why I never joined the cloth diapering board here on JM. I knew I would want to try everything people were talking about! I figure buying a $5 diaper every now and again isn't too bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search