July Chit Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Well it's Monday morning again... At least this is going to be a fun week for me!

Is anyone else getting this cool front that moved in last night? Our high for today is only 86! Woot! I haven't looked at the forecast, so not sure how long it's going to stick around, but I really hope it's still nice out when I get home so we can finally go out for a walk on the trail again.

July 9th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
We're getting part of the cold front, its dropping us to the low 90s.... hopefully it just keeps getting cooler. I know its July and thats asking for way to much... but I'm not handling this heat very well.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 9th, 2012, 07:03 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Morning ladies!! Hanging out in a hotel room in H-town. Decided to come up with DH and spend the week with him, well when he is not working! It kind of bites though because we are supposed to get rain, which means no pool time.

Raina - I am right there with you not liking the heat very much, it has been very miserable here too! I don't want to see my electric bill!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

July 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Yes, the heat has been ridiculous! Our a/c hasn't been able to keep up. Crazy! So I'm going to enjoy these "cool" temps while I can! Although I wish I wan't stuck in my cube all day...

Jenn - that sounds fun! Are you going to get out and do anything fun while you're there or mostly just hang at the hotel?

July 9th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Oh sweet ol H Town.... I miss my old stompin ground.... hehe... I know its hot there.... I would be staying inside or swimming as well....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 9th, 2012, 07:26 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure, all depends on the weather, we were thinking of going to the space center, which is pretty cool or the aquarium.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

July 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish we'd get a cool front. Its supposed to hit 100 today. I just had an electrician here for an hour because we havent been able to use any 2 appliances at the same time for weeks or the breaker pops. We had to move our a/c to another room so we can still do laundry and anything in the kitchen. I hope it still cools the house from the living room! Everyone gets a little crabby when its this hot...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have it a little less hot this week. Only around 90.

What does everyone have planned for the week?

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
July 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
The temp dropped here as well to 86, feels sooo nice compared to the 100 degree weather a few days ago! Looking forward to not having the AC on 24/7!

Question-
Is anyone else starting to get uncomfortable sleeping at night? I am up SEVERAL times during the night with discomfort on my upper thighs from sleeping on my sides. Constantly flipping from left to right all night long! I read you should not sleep on your back especially after 16 weeks due to lack of oxygen to the baby. I have been putting a pillow behind one side of my back to wedge me elevated so I am not completely on my back, it seems to be more comfortable than the sides, do you think that is ok?

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

July 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna.rose View Post
What does everyone have planned for the week?
I have a fun, short week! Wednesday I'm taking off work early for my OB appointment in the afternoon and since it's our anniversary, I'm not going back in. Then we have a dinner in the park work event to go to. Hopefully it's still nice out! Then Friday morning we're leaving for Chicago for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We're getting an early gender scan done and then going over to Taste of Chicago. MMMMM food! I can't wait! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEG282 View Post
Question-
Is anyone else starting to get uncomfortable sleeping at night? I am up SEVERAL times during the night with discomfort on my upper thighs from sleeping on my sides. Constantly flipping from left to right all night long! I read you should not sleep on your back especially after 16 weeks due to lack of oxygen to the baby. I have been putting a pillow behind one side of my back to wedge me elevated so I am not completely on my back, it seems to be more comfortable than the sides, do you think that is ok?
I was uncomfortable until I got my huge, awesome prego pillow. I posted the link in the other sleep thread someone started yesterday I think. It helps a lot! And I also do what you do sometimes, sleeping kind of on my back with the pillow wedged underneath. I'm not sure how ok it is, but I would think it's a lot better than directly on your back. I try to stay on my side as much as I can, though.

July 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I sleep on my sides too, flipping over all night long... I want to invest in one of those pillows too! I think propping one side a bit keeping you from being flat on your back is fine. As I understood it, its the way the baby can rest on your spine and all of that that can cut off circulation. If your tilted, babys weight wont be resting right there as directly

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 9th, 2012, 12:51 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have so much trouble getting comfortable to sleep. I am getting a pillow sometime this week so I hope that helps. Sometimes the only place I can get comfy is on the couch so I can elevate my head.

I have a lot to do this week. We leave on friday for North Carolina. We are going to a time share place that has a beautiful golf course. The guys are gonna golf everyday and I will get the pool and all the relaxation of the mountains. But before we leave I have to get the laundry finished, make sure the floors are mopped and clean, and pack and shop for all the things we need for the trip. I am excited for a week of relaxing and getting to spend time with DH without his nose in his books.

July 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Ok, I blame those of you who talked about grilled cheese in the lunch thread yesterday. Today I had the biggest craving for one. Yummy!
mlc52811 likes this.

July 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been eating a grilled cheese sandwich every day for the past week! Baby likey. I also ate a whole jar of applesauce the other day... at least that's fruit!

July 10th, 2012, 09:56 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you on the restless sleep, Meg. I've been wedging my body pillow between my legs and it seems to help, but inevitably, I get up in the middle of the night to pee and it restarts my quest for the perfect position. And to think this is only the beginning of the uncomfortable sleep...
As for this week, I have my level II ultrasound tomorrow. Very nervous! The rest of the week is not too eventful - playgroup on Thursday and that's about all.
July 10th, 2012, 10:23 AM
AAAHHHH I am so frustrated. I had an electrician here yesterday because I couldnt run more than one thing in half of my house at a time without a fuse blowing. He fixed that by moving the washer off that circut. Then last night half of the kitchen-the half with the fridge, and the livingroom-with the AC, kept popping! I rent so have talked to the landlord twice and am still waiting for a call telling me someone will be here to fix it! Its an old house and has not had the wiring updated. But I should not have to choose between air conditioning and my fridge! Especially when its supposed to be over 100 today!!

July 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh no, Ashleigh! That's awful! They better fix that soon because you definitely should not be without a/c in this heat and obviously you need your fridge, too. That's ridiculous!

Last edited by Cassie.S; July 10th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
July 10th, 2012, 11:36 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too toss and turn all night long!!!! when i lay on my right side my shoulder (on my back where the shoulder blade is) starts burning! so turn over and sleep on the left till i have to get up to pee and then try it all over again!
July 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Super Mommy
Oh Ashleigh that is awful!! I hope the landlord fixes the problem for you soon!!

I have been sleeping fine so far. I sleep on my side normally anyway so it isn't much of a change for me during pregnancy. Some nights I do get up to use the bathroom, but other nights I sleep through.

I went out and got Chic-Fil-A for lunch today and I think DH is planning on bringing it home for dinner too as a surprise. I don't care I could eat it for every meal and it would take a long time to get sick of it!!

July 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a grilled cheese now too. Ugh and I already put the lasagna in the oven. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow for lunch .

Ashleigh, that really stinks. Hopefully the landlord will get it fixed. I was without ac for a while so I know what that is like and no one wants to be hot when they are pregnant!

On the happier note, I leave for vacation in 3 days!! Yay! We have a long car ride so I am kinda nervous about how I will handle that at 19 weeks pregnant. Any suggestions on what I should do to keep comfy in a car for 10 hours?? We leave at 6pm at night so hopefully I will sleep through most of the ride.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search