Grandparents

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How close are the grandparents from you??
How often do they see your baby??

My parents live about 10 minutes away. We see them every Sunday at church and most Saturdays when we go over there to swim, although it has almost been too hot to swim here lately. It's been in the 100's.

DH's parents live about an hour away but their office is right across from the boys daycare so we see them alot also. My mother in law is our babysitter whenever we need someone to help out and watch one of the boys.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 3rd, 2012, 07:57 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
My parents live almost 2 hours away
DH's live 3 minutes away.

We see my parents more because his drive me nuts and i dont trust them with the kids.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
July 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Sadly my mom passed away and Dh's dad passed away. The only grand parent ds has is Dh's mom and she is in a home. Her mind is gone. We try to see her every Sunday.
July 3rd, 2012, 09:29 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both sets of grandparents live about 30 minutes away (in opposite directions). They both see the kids about once a week on average. Although I feel my parents see them a bit more because they are more proactive in seeing them.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

July 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom and stepdad live with us, so they see the kids and us when they're home. They travel a lot though.

DH's mom is in a nursing home about 30 minutes away. We don't see her very often - there's a lot of family drama there.

Both of our fathers are deceased

July 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceygirlPa View Post
The only grand parent ds has is Dh's mom and she is in a home. Her mind is gone. We try to see her every Sunday.
I'm so sorry to hear that. My dad passed from Alzheimer's in 2005 and I know how difficult that is.
July 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
MIL lives with us so she sees the boys every day

My dad and stepmom live about 10 minutes away and my mom and stepdad live 15 minutes away. They see the boys at least once a week. We are all very close!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
My dad lives with us so he sees the kids every day. The in-laws live 16 glorious hours away (at least until they move here- already bought the house, just dealing with legal issues), then it will be 8 minutes. They've met JR once and Allison 3 times. Even though they will be super close they won't see the kids that often because MIL tries to take over and we're busy.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My in laws live about 20 minutes away. So usually once a week on the weekend. I wish they lived hundreds of miles away

My mom lives about 30 to 40 miles from here. She doesn't drive long distances though so maybe once a month. I wish we lived close enough to see her everyday.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
July 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom lives about 35 minutes away but she doesn't drive so we don't see her as often as we should.

My inlaws live in Ohio, so we only see them at Christmastime (though they did come out to meet Kira).
July 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
My parents are 1.5 hrs away. We try to meet up or visit 1-2 times a month. The inlaws live below us. We see them everyday. Although i would prefer less.

July 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DHs parents live across a pond from us we see them almost daily. and my parents live 20 mins away we see them every couple weeks.
July 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
aka shawna
my dad lives a town away. he is my driver, so we see him a fair bit.

hubby's mom lives in england and has only visited once with us paying her way. not keen on doing this very often, so we do not see much of her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search