Ugh

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By katylady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Happy Independence Day!

So the day started well off enough for me. I slept in some, got ready to go to my parents'. Dad gets here to pick me up, and my mom calls. My wonderful brother, the brother I was looking forward to spending the day with, is in jail for drinking and driving. And speeding. Oh, and disabling the blow thing in his car this prevents him from drinking and driving! Mom wants to bail him out, my dad has been done with prison-alcohol-child for a while now. I could tell he was pissed.

So Mom says she's using $400 to bail him out. She calls back. It's now over $700. Little while later: $813. My brother never visited, I guess I wouldn't want to be around people after that either. Mom is depressed. Arrives home with booze. All of the beer from my brother's car, and a new bottle of Asti! Yummm! Dad is happy, too, now.

Not much of a 4th here. We had leftovers from my parents' fridge. Drank some Asti. I arrived home to having left the oven at 450 for the past 10 hours. Well, sh*t. Thank you Dell, for distracting me today. Guess that means I'll have a $200+ electric bill this month. Maybe if I don't bake anything for a week it'll even out.
July 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Don't worry, my alcoholic brother and I(not an alcoholic!) do not have alcoholic parents. lol It's OK because we hardly ever drink. Christmas and the 4th only. ♥ But I do love a glass every now and then. Love Asti and Bailey's.
July 5th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your day sucked My brother makes less than wise choices as well and it is soooo stressful. My sister and I feel like we are constantly worrying about him. He isn't an alcoholic (yet) but does drink irresponsibly and can't save a penny or keep a job for the life of him. He is SO irresponsible and always makes himself out to the victim. He drives me crazy and don't want to hear it anymore but at the same time I want to help him and worry about him a lot.

Thank God nothing happened with your oven being on that long besides the extra cost. I'm always worried I'll do that too. Last week I turned the oven on instead of one of the burners and I didn't realize it for about 5 minutes; it happens

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; July 5th, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
July 5th, 2012, 07:29 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's quite a day.

We were suppose to meet DH's family at a park but went to a couple of his friends bbq's instead. Friends are less stressful than family
Spyctre likes this.
July 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss View Post
He is SO irresponsible and always makes himself out to the victim.
Don't want to worry you, but that's actually a sign of alcoholism. Every alcoholic you will meet will have that in common. It's never ever their fault; everyone is just mean. They might also fixate on things and have a lack of empathy.

My half sister is a recovering alcoholic(8 years sober), and she runs the best rehab in our country. ♥ So proud of my sister! She's told me a lot about the similarities. Weirdly enough, some of it is amazingly like autistic tendencies. She said I have a lot of that mentality, but that's my autism showing through.
July 5th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
Don't want to worry you, but that's actually a sign of alcoholism. Every alcoholic you will meet will have that in common. It's never ever their fault; everyone is just mean. They might also fixate on things and have a lack of empathy.

My half sister is a recovering alcoholic(8 years sober), and she runs the best rehab in our country. ♥ So proud of my sister! She's told me a lot about the similarities. Weirdly enough, some of it is amazingly like autistic tendencies. She said I have a lot of that mentality, but that's my autism showing through.

Yeah, he also uses marijuana and we fear other drugs, although that hasn't been confirmed. Just the fact that he usually can't rub two dimes together by the end of the month makes us worry he's using something else. He's really impulsive and has the most back and forth relationship with his girlfriend I have ever seen; it changes by the day. I suppose the impulsiveness could be tied to his ADHD...He's seriously like a 22 year old with the brain of a 14 year old. Bah. so frustrating.

July 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Mine,too! My brother cannot keep a relationship. He also has ADD. He is autistic as well, but you can tell a lot of his behavior is stemming from drugs. My brother and sister both favored hydrocodone, but I know my brother has done a lot of illegal drugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search