How are our Acid Reflux babies doing?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2012, 02:43 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
So I started a post a few months ago asking if there were any other acid reflux babies in the group and was surprised at just how many there were. It was nice to hear about others experiences and rant about the challenges.

My little girl seems to be doing WAAYYYY better.... she even let me sit her in a bouncer on the floor and make it through eating lunch the other day without getting cranky....

She is still a high demand baby but her ability to start grasping things is helping alot..... just in time to hold teething things because that is what we are doing at the moment... at barely 4 mo old!!!

So I was thinking of you all and wondering how your little AR one was doing.... any better hopefully??

July 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I don't know where they all went! LO didn't have it, but I have been wondering how they're doing, too. Glad your little one is feeling better these days.

July 11th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Mom2TuckerElla's Avatar Super Mommy
We have reflux...still on zantac and increase as her weight increases. She is doing well on the zantac...the odd feed is difficult with arching and fussing but she is so much better. and We too are teething, she popped out 2 teeth about 3 weeks ago!!!
July 11th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter Rose is better. I stay away from spicy food now, though. She still has a problem with peaches. Think that might be some type of allergy. Doesn't make her vomit now, but she gets horrible gas.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
July 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Laurenella's Avatar "Avery's Mommy"
Avery is 100% fine no meds

July 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Yea Avery!!!! Hopefully we all will be saying this one day.

July 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Super Mommy
Ryne quit Zantac about a month and a half ago and has zero problems now!! I also have my normal diet back
July 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Conor barely spits up anymore. The only time he does is if he hasnt burped and he has gas stuck...besides that its just all drool lol

July 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM
So glad to hear that so many babies have outgrown their acid reflux!! Hang in there for the rest of us and hope it comes soon.

Chloe has begun to spit up alot more, I think I may have to switch to giving her a full dose..... started out with as little as possible, but I think the dose she's on isn't enough now that she's 13 lbs. Hopefully it'll help.

July 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucy is still on Omeprezole and is doing GREAT on it. I trialed taking her off it and we got to day 4 and she was spitting up big time and in a lot of pain, so we will continue with the drugs for a while longer.

July 25th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Working mommy
Jack is doing great! He is still on Prevacid but may be outgrowing the dose. He takes a dissolvable tab that is not available anymore. So when what we have runs out I think we will see how he does without it.

He smiles and laughs a lot and loves to suck on his toys. And of course TONS of drool. He has 2 teeth so far. We started rice cereal this week and he loves it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search