Gtky

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HPnerd

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When will your child be allowed to date? When will you talk to your child about sex?

July 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Veteran
I do not allow them to date until they finish school.I tell my kids very early on about sex.When I am preggo they usually ask question and I give them a answer.Real answer not a nasty one but in a view that God made this for when you get married and so forth.I did not wait until I was married and I live to regret it.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
July 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Never, and never. I am enrolling him in the seminary right now!

Or, I guess in the real world, I'm not sure. I intend to tell him the real names for his parts and answer his questions truthfully from the beginning (at an age-appropriate level). The sex talk, I think, will be an ongoing education in our house and not one big lecture. I hope he learns from our values and our mistakes. I don't know when he'll be allowed to date. DH and I will probably play it by ear, see how things go, how responsible he seems to be. He can go out in a group the first two years of HS, as far as I'm concerned, and after that I'm not sure.

July 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
It would depend on the maturity level of our daughter and whoever is showing interest. I would want to be confident that she knew who she was and what she wanted for herself and had good boundaries of her own before I would want to put her in a position to have to make those kind of decisions in the moment.

There is such trash everywhere these days that I feel it's necessary to talk with her earlier than I would have liked about sex. But I will keep it simple and un-detailed. To begin with I will use the explanation I heard on the Love Comes Softly movie..... I really liked it. Daddy and Mommy loved each other SOOO much that it spilled over and made a baby..... God wants us to wait to love someone this much until we're married. Something like that. We'll see how it all goes down in a few years.

I am so grateful that my parents instilled in me the importance of waiting until I was married and I really hope to do the same.

July 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'll give the Christian kiddy answers about sex in the beginning. When two people love each other, God takes part of the daddy and part of the mommy, and He puts them together to grow in Mommy's tummy. Boys have penises, girls have vaginas.

When they are older, one day they'll come home from school, and I will tell them, "Sweetie, I got you a book. It's on your bed. Feel free to gossip with your friends about it, and your biology teacher is there for questions. What would you like for dinner?" I have horrible memories about "The Talk." My mom would forget she told me so I got it multiple times!

Dating...Right now I am agreeable to double dating from 14-16. At 16 they can go on regular dates. The rule about sex will be they can have it when they no longer live at home, but I would prefer waiting till marriage(or in a committed life-long relationship). That's what I believe as a Christian. But many many Christians don't wait so they at least have to be out of the house. I don't want to hear my children getting plowed. Or uh...doing the plowing.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
July 12th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
It would depend on the maturity level of our daughter and whoever is showing interest. I would want to be confident that she knew who she was and what she wanted for herself and had good boundaries of her own before I would want to put her in a position to have to make those kind of decisions in the moment.

There is such trash everywhere these days that I feel it's necessary to talk with her earlier than I would have liked about sex. But I will keep it simple and un-detailed. To begin with I will use the explanation I heard on the Love Comes Softly movie..... I really liked it. Daddy and Mommy loved each other SOOO much that it spilled over and made a baby..... God wants us to wait to love someone this much until we're married. Something like that. We'll see how it all goes down in a few years.

I am so grateful that my parents instilled in me the importance of waiting until I was married and I really hope to do the same.
Is that the movie where the woman is going out West with her husband and he dies? If so, I saw it a long time ago and thought it was pretty good - which is a rare thing for me to say about a movie! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPnerd View Post

I'm legally not allowed to get 'married'. So no waiting till that for me
Really? For some reason I thought that there was gay marriage in the UK.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; July 12th, 2012 at 04:56 AM.
July 12th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPnerd View Post
Nah, we have civil partnerships (which Bon and I had this year, just the signing, we are waiting for marriage to be legalised before having a ceremony.) Cameron has showed an interest in legalising it. Hopefully very soon.
What's the difference between the two? I *think* that is what they have in Germany. I just know that civil union and marriage aren't completely equal over here either. Sorry, totally hijacking this thread ha ha. I'm just curious.

July 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
Quote of lovemylittlemiss

Is that the movie where the woman is going out West with her husband and he dies? If so, I saw it a long time ago and thought it was pretty good - which is a rare thing for me to say about a movie! lol

Yes that's the movie.... it's based on some books.... movies are better I think.

July 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to raise him to be open to asking questions and getting legitimate questions. Kids are exposed to sex at a much earlier age these days, I hope to gently introduce it around 11 or so..... about the same time a lot of schools give "the talk" about changing bodies. idk we'll see.

I'm not sure about dating. I'd like to think I'd allow him to make his own decisions about that and raise him to have good morals and to protect himself if he chooses to engage in that behavior..... that being said, I also thought I would be a parent that would have an easy time dropping him off with a babysitter or letting him sleep in a different room..... yeah-that didn't happen. lol

We'll see when we get there....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search