Where are you in the sleep department???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2012, 10:23 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't recall having a sleep discussion lately. So, how are you doing? I've been getting up every d@mn hour and a half each night to pee. And since every time I wake up I'm extremely thirsty with horrible cotton mouth I down a cup or two of water, which I'm sure places a bit of blame on getting up so much! UGH!!! I don't get how I can go throughout the day without visiting the toilet every hour and a half but right when it comes to sleep I'm up up up! I think I'm probably averaging 5-6 hours of sleep, it's just not the kind I'm used to hahaha

July 13th, 2012, 10:34 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same here... I'm up to pee often and very thirsty when I do get up... and I've bought more pillows to try to get comfortable.

July 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm up 5-6 times a night peeing now, and like you Aubrey, I don't pee that often during the day. Annoying!

July 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Nikke2527's Avatar Veteran
I guess I should be happy. I almost over slept this morning so I think I am sleeping well although 6 hours of sleep is average for me. I am the opposite in that I pee all day and dont have any problems at night. (knocking on wood)
July 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I get up to pee at around 1:30 and around 5 and it's not affecting my sleep too much. What IS affecting my sleep is that we are experiencing very HOT weather again so I know I will be waking up HOT the next week or so.
July 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I am up at least 5-6 times per night. One night I got up 9 times, and I'm only in bed from 10pm to 5am. I also get BH contractions every time I have to get up to pee, so it takes me a while between each bathroom visit to get back into a sleep state. I am pretty **** miserable at this point, especially since I also work 10-hour days. I feel like a zombie when I'm in the office.

At least we pretty much have the house in order now, so I might be able to get a little bit of rest on the weekends now. Only 37 more days to go... ish.
aubers68 likes this.

July 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i only have to get up once or twice in the night to pee but it takes me ages to fall asleep as everything hurts, even with a pillow between my legs and on either side of the bump, i just cant get comfy im so over being pregnant - what i wouldnt give to be able to sleep on my tummy.

oh yeah and the braxton hick's after DTD dont help either
aubers68 likes this.

Last edited by newmommysarah; July 13th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
July 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Between thirst, needing to pee, back discomfort, and contractions, I am not sleeping so well.

July 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mom to Madeline
I get up every 2 hours to go pee throughout the night, and I get the cottonmouth, which makes me have to pee more bc I drink water. Same here, Adrienne, I get a BH contraction every time, too!
aubers68 likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I am up about 3-4 times a night (one of them is ALWAYS between 2:25am and 2:30am...???) but the hard part is getting comfortable again after peeing so then its hard to sleep. I'm averaging about 5-6 hours a night I'd guess? But its not solid, its dream filled, and not very restful at all so it seems like much less.
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
July 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I'm up 2 or 3 times a night to pee. I pee a ton during the day as I drink more water then. But sleeping is not so great. I'm uncomfortable and restless. Yesterday I had such hard painful contractions I swear my water would break at any point. The first was in the morning. It hurt so bad I doubled over and leaned on the wall and couldn't move for a few minutes, panting like a freaking dog. Then last night when in bed I was almost asleep when one started and it hurt so bad I cried and DH was worried. It felt like a sharp stabbing pain through my bottom uterus. It lasted about a minute and a half. After that every few minutes I got less painful ones but still made me worry because then I had back pain too and I was wondering if I was going into labor. But it settled down and I seem to just be having the normal ones today. But I am so ready to get this kid out lol.

July 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm up about 2 times at night. I'm surprised it's not worse though. I have been trying not to let myself get dehydrated through the day, cause there for a while I was hardly drinking during the day and parched right before bedtime and wanting to guzzel a whole bottle of water before bed. I haven't been doing great in the water dept. as a whole lately though, so perhaps that's why I'm not up more. I'm just glad it's not because of cramps/contractions. I've only had one night like that so far.

July 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sleep...what is that. The baby is already preparing me for her arrival. I seriously get up at least 7 or 8 times a night. And that is when I DON'T have a UTI. ugh.

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

July 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I'm up only about twice to pee but at least four times to pop a Tums. I sleep with a pillow between my legs and a pillow pet under my stomach. It really wouldn't be so bad if my other kid's would stop waking me up. One wants to sleep with us and hogthe bed and the other wakes up in the middle of the night and wants one of us to sit with him till he calms down and/or goes back to sleep. Last night I had a couple of contractions so I had to wait for them to stop to settle down again. I was practically tapping my foot like "Ok uterus, you done spazzing now? Can I please go back to sleep?"
newmommysarah likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only wake up once or twice to pee. Heartburn is my main issue at night. Otherwise I'm sleeping pretty good-- probably b/c I'm soooo tired by the time bedtime hits. I still wake up flat on my back every time.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

July 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm not sleeping great either most nights- I'm up to pee several times, completely uncomfortable, and getting heartburn quite a bit. That coupled with a 4.5 year old who has night terrors, and a 1 year old who won't go to sleep until midnight some nights. Yeah, I'm not sleeping great!
aubers68 likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I am with you. . . I am bad about drinking water throughout the day, because I am always so busy with DD or house work, or out and about, ect.. So when she goes to bed, I am very thirsty and I chug ice cold water like it's going away. . . I take a cup to bed and usually chug that before I fall asleep. So I have a hard time falling asleep because I am peeing every 5 minutes it seems. And then I am up usually every 2 hours to pee as well. . . Last night was the longest I slept all night - I woke up at like 2am and slept again until DD woke up at 7:30ish. It was nice!!

July 13th, 2012, 01:20 PM
sophie830's Avatar Sophie
I'm only waking up once but it takes me awhile to go back to sleep, and sometimes I don't. Naps are the only way I can make it thru.

July 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I'm getting once or twice to pee but my sleep is just horrible in general. I'm not passing out to after 2AM and then I'm tossing and turning like crazy. I just can't get comfortable at all.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 13th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I'm with you, Aubrey. I'm up at least once every hour & a half or so, too.
It seems, however, that every single time I get up, Taryn has settled into the left side of my body, so when I go to actually get OUT of bed... It feels like I need a crane to lift my belly too! *laughs*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search