Cloth diaperers (is that a word?)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
How's it going?

Great here. We are currently using exclusively pockets. I like our Blueberry deluxe, BG 4.0., SunBaby size 2, and sized Fuzzibunz. I'm about to sell those because he's 18 lbs and they barely fit. I'm expecting some custom Alva's from a coop this month. Our wash routine is great now that we're using Tide and I wash every third day.

July 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM
adi&co.
going strong here but she's my third babe in 'em so that's no surprise
July 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Much much better then I thought. We use alot of snap in diapers (like Grovia and G Diapers) and I love them, I use the regular pads and then use the shells one more time for prefolds. We have a few all in ones too and I like them but I found I don't like fuzzi buns for her. We love G diapers, we keep the disposable inserts in the diaper bag and a wet bag for the hemp liner when we are out. I will be using disposables next week, mainly cause I don't want to worry about cloth while we are in Cleveland. I'm not even taking diapers with me (other then half a dozen for the airport) but I'll buy them when I get there (there is a Target right down the street from the hotel). Thursday can't come soon enough (and I'm totally off my diapering subject now lol).

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

July 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
It's going well. We initially used just Rumparooz, but I've gotten some other ones recently, which I haven't tried. I got Oh Katy, Incredibum, Happy Heiney, bum genius regular, Bum Genius Freetime, swaddlebees simplex and baby kicks 3G.

I am most intrigued by the design of the swaddlebees and the bumgenius Freetime.
July 15th, 2012, 01:20 PM
we have a few happy heiny's, I like them.

July 16th, 2012, 05:41 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do flip diapers and this is our 2nd in them, so no real surprises. Now that my son is PT, we only have 1 in diapers and her poops don't have to be rinsed off, so that's much more fun (although right now we are still getting poop out of underwear, but hopefully soon...)

My Blog
July 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
bethysfirst1's Avatar Loving Kate
Loving it! I'm going to try mama cloth and maybe even family cloth!

Thank you .:ShortCake:. for my siggy!
July 17th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I have considered the mama cloth, but I think family cloth would be too much forus.
July 17th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Family cloth would probably just be me and Kaley. Jordan would never do it. I'd do diva cup over mama cloth probably.

July 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
adi&co.
what the heck is momma cloth and family cloth?
July 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mama cloth is cloth instead of pads and family cloth is to replace toilet paper.

July 17th, 2012, 03:02 PM
bethysfirst1's Avatar Loving Kate
TMI ALERT: I made some family cloth for me by cutting up an old t-shirt. So far, it's great! I'm only using it for liquids though, kwim?

I also bought mama cloth from gem and I'm actually looking forward to af this month!

Thank you .:ShortCake:. for my siggy!
July 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Veteran
We cloth diaper here Mostly OS diapers such as BG AIO, BG 3.0 & 4.0, BG Organics/Elementals, Rumparooz, Flips w/ Organic inserts, FuzziBunz (have these sized as well). Also have prefolds and WAHM fitteds with covers, and some sized diapers like TKCuddlers.

I myself have been using Mama Cloth for about 2yrs now. I used to use it with a Diva Cup but now that I barely have a cycle because of meds, I stick with just cloth unless I want to swim or will be out all day for like the zoo, etc.

I tried "family cloth" for myself for a couple of months using simple BG wipes and cut-up receiving blankets. I loved it until I realized I was having a build-up problem down yonder because of the cloth somehow?! It was causing yeast infection and some UTI symptoms without actually having either. I don't know why. I stripped the wipes but it still happened. Thinking its because I use dryer sheets in my dryer. Anyway, I had to stop.

Last edited by LucyLoved; July 17th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
July 18th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Dryer sheets cause a film build up. I am allergic to fabric softener, so we got these dryer balls from Bed Bath and Beyond. I like them.

July 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
im loving the cd-ing! all prefolds n covers here til recently.. added some pockets - kawaii and diaper rites and loooove them. i just ordered a bunch more kawaii bc they are so great on my lil guy. also rly like my flip covers... i hate the rumparooz most the time. lol and thirsties w. velcro were great for nb, but the snap ones im eh about. got some bg freetimes for dh but we haven't tried them yet.

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

July 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Veteran
It is going well here. We have mostly softbums and prefolds. I really like the softbums with the bamboo insert. They have a nice trim fit. I do have a couple best bottoms which I like as well. They are trim too. I use the prefolds at home and the others when we're going out.

I ordered one bububebe fitted and I love, love, love it! I can't wait until I have some more cash to buy a couple more. It really is an awesome dipe! I also have one bumgenius but I don't like it only because I don't want to have to stuff diapers. I prefer the softbums or best bottoms instead.
July 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thisi s my 3rd to CD so its great. But it is interesting that I perfer one type over another with each kiddo lol

Thank you Claire1979!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search