Degenerating Fibroid causing contractions and PAIN! LOTS OF PAIN!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
First off I went to the Dr today and the baby is fine and my cervix looks great! Just wanted to put that out there first so no one gets scared.

I have a degenerating fibroid that is causing me so much pain that I feel like Im in hard labor. I cant stand up straight. It hurts no matter what position Im in. Im having to put my lamaze breathing into action. The Dr said to take tylenol which does approximately nothing for the pain. If this doesn't get better by tomorrow Im off to the ER for some real pain medication. Its causing contractions every 4-5 minutes for the last 36 hours but the Dr says they aren't posing a risk to the baby.....They just freakin hurt!! How long is this sucker going to last?!?

Have any of the other moms here been through this? What can I do to ease the pain?
July 17th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Super Mommy
I have never been through this, but I am sorry you are in so much pain. I hope it passes quickly for you.

July 17th, 2012, 05:01 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a few stray real contractions. Like 3 over a span of 2 weeks, but nothing that I rushed in for. My 20 week appointment is today so I'll be bringing it up.

Drink more water, sit on an exercise ball, try some stretching, tylenol, etc. I'm sure they'll give you stronger meds like hydrocodone if/ when you go to the ER but to keep those long term, you'll need to talk to your doc.

I hope they ease up mama!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
July 17th, 2012, 06:42 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds terrible! Go away, you stupid fibroid.
If it helps any, when I had that vicious cough, they prescribed vicodin and codeine cough syrup and said that it's not great to take during pregnancy, but not terrible either. Maybe you'll be able to get a script for one of those.
Good luck!
July 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh wow, so sorry you're in so much pain. I don't have any advice, but I really hope it stops soon and you feel better! Glad baby is fine, though!

July 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Thanks. I think Im gonna head into the ER. Im not worried about the baby but I am in so much pain it rivals that of my first labor and delivery. Its been 3 days of this agony and I need something more than tylenol. It hurts so much I can't even take a full breath.
July 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh.....I hope you get some relief soon!
July 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well Im back from the ER. They gave me fentanyl in my IV which made me loopy but didnt do anything for the pain and then sent me home with orders to take 600mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours for 48 hours. I thought ibuprofen was a big no no when your pregnant but my very pregnant ER Dr and the OB Dr both said that this dose was ok and should help with the pain and inflammation. I hope so because this sucks!!
July 17th, 2012, 12:08 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awful, I'm sorry the pain continues! Did your dr give you any type of estimate as to when the pain would subside?
July 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I took the 600mg of ibuprofen a little over 3 hours ago and Im feeling a lot better. It did more for me than that dose of fentanyl, thats for sure. I still hurt quite a bit but I can actually stand up straight now so thats an improvement. I knew I had fibroids but I had no idea they could cause so much agony during pregnancy.
July 18th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi, i'm lurking from may2012. i had deg. fibroids with my first pregnancy and it was torture. i was given vicodin and took it routinely for about two weeks and it helped a lot. i ended up going to a mfm dr for the fibroids/degen. b/c they were worried about it sending me into early labor. the mfm dr put me on ibprof. to help with the pain and to stop the contractions. however, the baby had to be monitored very closely/weekly with ultrasounds bc the ibprof could affect the heart and kidney. if the meds are affecting the baby, it would need to be stopped right away.

if you aren't being monitored closely, i would suggest dropping the ibprof and going for something like the vicodin.

i had 2-3 bouts with fibroid degen. each episode lasting about two weeks, so i definitely feel for you.

feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

July 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks. I thought I could get away with not taking the ibuprofen before bed last night and woke up at 4am almost in tears and not being able to take a full breath. I took 600mg and and after about 40 minutes I was able to get back to bed. I have another appointment friday morning and If this pain is still persisting I will definitely be looking for more answers from the dr than just ibuprofen for 48 hrs. On a good note we had our 20 week u/s today and baby is great. He's just swimming around in there happy as a bug in a rug.
July 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Just lurking from August's DDC! I have degenerating fibroids. PM me if you have any questions! Hope you are feeling better. Hang in there!

Tags
contractions , degenerating fibroid , fibroids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search