Getting frustrated

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 10:03 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not know what is going on. It started 3 weeks ago, we made Cod and a ceasar salad. About 10 min or so after eating I start breaking out in hives and itching all over. Then a couple nights after that we have steak and a spinach salad with a strawberry vinigarette dressing with sliced almonds, did fine, had leftovers 2 nights later, same thing, and I have a reaction. Then last night I was eating popcorn and yes another reaction. I took benadryl after each reaction. I have never had problems with any of these types of foods before.

Ughhh soo dang frustrating. Anybody else having these issues?

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

July 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My food allergies always get worse when I'm pg and I always get some strange new allergy. I would check for common foods first like eggs and dairy and if you can't seem to narrow it down to one thing consider changing laundry detergent, soaps, shampoo's or even lotion.

July 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I have several food allergies, and your experience sounds a lot like mine did when mine developed. Some days I'd breakout in terrible hives and I could never figure out what was causing the reaction. Two things you should know about food allergies: 1) they CAN develop in adulthood and frequently do. All of my food allergies developed in the last few years. 2) To have a reaction, you need to get over a threshold. The first time you ate the salad, it may have been in the tolerable zone, but when you ate it the 2nd time it added to the first time and threw you over the threshold (does that make sense)?. Avoid anything you think may be causing your reaction until you get checked out. The threshold can change at any moment, and food allergies can become life threatening when they weren't before. Oh, and bonus info #3) it's NOT always the food you most recently ate that is causing the reaction. You can have an allergic reaction to food several hours after you ate the food.

Keep a very detailed food journal and hopefully it'll become apparent what food(s) may be causing you problems. And try to get an appointment with an allergist ASAP so you can get tested. It may end up that it's not any food that your allergic to, but something in the environment and you just happened to react when you eat.

Last edited by rlh27; July 17th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search