Nursery Painting??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 06:29 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Curious how everyone is going to do their Nursery's...
Will you be painting the Nursery? If so what color or colors?

Or will it be whatever color it is now but adding decorations or borders?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
July 17th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
mine will be just white.. with a lot of room decor
July 17th, 2012, 06:42 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be painting gray if a girl and not sure yet what color if a boy... but I will be painting for sure... Im not a fan of stark white walls.

July 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
We rent, so no painting for us. The walls are a nice cream color, so thankfully not pure white but anything goes with it.
July 17th, 2012, 08:54 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
We wont be painting either. We painted the whole house a light tan color when we moved in 3 years ago.
I really like it and thought it would be good neutral color for either boy or girl, so we will be leaving it as is an just adding wall decorations. Some wall decos came with the crib set, not sure how many so we will start with those and see. I also plan on having my Grandpa make a wood carved sign of her name to hang on the wall.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
July 18th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yep, I'll definitely be painting! Her future nursery is currently DH's office and it's just a boring off-white, which he wanted. I need color! So I'll be painting it a light gray color. Can't wait to get it started!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

July 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I get so stressed out thinking about this...

We are renting currently and have been in the same home since Sept 2010. We are currently taking steps to purchase the home but because we won't have the $$ for a down payment until February buying our home will be put on hold. Our Landlords are awesome though and let us do whatever we want.

The bedrooms are both paneling. DS's room is painted gray over the paneling and the other room is just the normal unpainted brown. DH has the plan that he's going to tear down the paneling in the spare room, get rid of the popcorn ceiling and drywall and paint and then move DS into that room while he tears down the paneling, gets rid of the popcorn ceiling and carpets the babys room. This sounds great until I realize that we have 4 1/2 months to get this done and he's showing NO motivation!!
July 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM
jacesmomma's Avatar Veteran
Painting at least an accent wall, just a matter of where it will be!

July 18th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I think we'll be painting too - I'm doing a light aqua blue/turquoise color. I'll be adding in pink/orange/yellow decor for our girl, and figure it will be great to keep it as a nursery for the future too, since it will work for either gender.

Now I just need to get DH motivated to paint - we've been slowly making progress adding some color to various rooms since we moved in, but the bedrooms are still off-white, which is driving me bonkers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search