Still no weight gain...anyone else?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By -Brandy-

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 10:09 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am down 11.5lbs from my prepregnancy weight. My doc didn't way anything about it last appt but I'm wondering if this is normal. Is there anyone else who is still in the negative in terms of weight?

Baby is measuring fine and i look pregnant so obviously it's not really a health issue. I'm just wondering if I'm abnormal.

July 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope, I'm still under pre pregnancy weight by 4 pounds. I'm a bit overweight though and today at my Dr. he acted like it was a really good thing that I haven't gained any. If your Dr's not concerned I'm sure it's fine

July 17th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing here, either. But I lost like 7-8 pounds at the beginning and gained it back.. now I'm where I started. With ds I didn't start gaining anything at all until like 22 or more weeks along.

July 18th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was the exact same on Monday as i was at my first appointment. I keep meaning to ask the doc but then i end up forgetting. I started about.... maybe, 20lbs bigger then i started with my ds so i'm wondering if thats why. By 25 weeks with him i had gained about 17 lbs

July 18th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i haven't gained anything yet either. My OB didn't say anything.. but I am the heaviest I have ever been which I am sure is why!
July 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Veteran
Gosh i feel like a fatty, i gained 16 lbs, thats what doc said at last appt, she said that was fine that i should gain about 30 35 lbs so im good since im at the halfway mark, and im thinking in my head im going to get huge lol, idk im not underweight and i was def not underweight pre preg, i might have been 5 10 overweight pre preg, idk seems like she should of maybe been a lil more concerned, but she seemed more concerned with saying to try and eat healthy, more then focused on actual weight which i guess is a good thing, BUt i dont even look preg i dont think yet, and i really expected to have a cute round bump by now

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I am at my pre pregnancy weight. I lost 7lbs in the 1st trimester and gained that back but not anymore. I'm overweight though and the Dr said my not gaining weight was fine.
July 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've lost weight since I've been on bed rest... The Dr's didn't seem worried, but I'll be bringing it up again today.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 18th, 2012, 08:33 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I didn't lose anything in my 1st trimester because I didn't have morning sickness besides a little upset stomach. I am only 1lbs heavier. I am not worried about it because its been the same with my past pregnancies. For me it normal but I know that is not the case for most people. DH laughs because pregnany is like a weight loss program for me. I always weight about 10 lbs less after having a baby than I did before I got pregnant.

July 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
LindsayGriff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEeyes View Post
Gosh i feel like a fatty, i gained 16 lbs, thats what doc said at last appt, she said that was fine that i should gain about 30 35 lbs so im good since im at the halfway mark, and im thinking in my head im going to get huge lol, idk im not underweight and i was def not underweight pre preg, i might have been 5 10 overweight pre preg, idk seems like she should of maybe been a lil more concerned, but she seemed more concerned with saying to try and eat healthy, more then focused on actual weight which i guess is a good thing, BUt i dont even look preg i dont think yet, and i really expected to have a cute round bump by now

Don't feel bad, I have gained 18 lbs. I started out normal weight. This is about what I did last pregnancy so I am use to it I guess.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
i lost 12 pounds during my first tri, cuz i changed my diet for the baby, but i just gained it back so im back to my normal weigh

July 18th, 2012, 11:50 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
well losing weight from the MS, and then gaining it back is still gaining weight for the pregnancy... when you calculate how much you gained in a pregnancy.. say you started at 150, but you lost 10 lbs and went to 140lbs.. you gained that back, plus an additional 20lbs by the end of your pregnancy.. then you have gained a total of 30lbs that pregnancy... you don't calculate from where you started at 150lbs, plus the 20lbs... it would be a total of 30lbs gained.. so you can't say you *not you specific.. using "you" as in general* that you lost X amount of pounds, gained that back, and say you havent gained anything lol..

anyways.. i havent lost anything, and i believe im now up 2lbs.. but im overweight, the "recommended" amount to gain for me is only 15lbs.. i gained 25lbs with Van... which i didnt gain until the very end.. so it seems like this is following suit even though i eat everything
July 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
That's the weird thing. Imstarted at 177.5. Last check on my scale I was at 166. It's hovered around 166, 168 for weeks now. I suspect the difference is water or poop or someing but it's weird that I can't seem to really gain anything.

July 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this. View Post
well losing weight from the MS, and then gaining it back is still gaining weight for the pregnancy... when you calculate how much you gained in a pregnancy.. say you started at 150, but you lost 10 lbs and went to 140lbs.. you gained that back, plus an additional 20lbs by the end of your pregnancy.. then you have gained a total of 30lbs that pregnancy... you don't calculate from where you started at 150lbs, plus the 20lbs... it would be a total of 30lbs gained.. so you can't say you *not you specific.. using "you" as in general* that you lost X amount of pounds, gained that back, and say you havent gained anything lol..

I think that might depend on the dr, my dr goes from my starting weight at my first appt (which was 7-8 weeks)- if I lose weight from that starting point then I am at a negative weight gain. For example I lost 8 lbs after I saw her at the first apptmaking my weight gain -8, since then I have gained that weight back +7lbs...in her charts I am shown as gaining 7lbs, not 15.
Jannell likes this.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

July 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Durango14's Avatar ♥ Expecting #2 ♥
Lucky you! At 25.5 weeks, I'm up from 131 to 149 as of this morning (18 lbs).

I typed my wedding day weight into my app and it have the nerve to tell me my weight gain is excessive! I would like to get down to my wedding weight after baby (125 lbs) so I'll probably just track my weight from there from now on, yikes!

July 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I don't think its abnormal. Some women just seem to lose it rather than gain or maintain I should say. Thats a better word.

I started out at an athletic 165, lost to 155 at my sickest and at 22w1d I weighed in at 159. So technically you could say I've gained "4" lbs but I'm still down from pre-preg. My goal is to gain at least 15. But I agree with some of the other ladies...if baby is still growing great and measuring fine, I'm sure you're fine. Mines pretty much all baby right now plus the fluids inside . I'm okay with that
July 19th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I gained 35-40 lbs with my first so that's why I'm feeling weird about this.

July 20th, 2012, 12:10 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i gained 40lbs with Hunter... with Van only 25lbs and i didnt gain anything until the very end, so it's norm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brandy- View Post
I think that might depend on the dr, my dr goes from my starting weight at my first appt (which was 7-8 weeks)- if I lose weight from that starting point then I am at a negative weight gain. For example I lost 8 lbs after I saw her at the first apptmaking my weight gain -8, since then I have gained that weight back +7lbs...in her charts I am shown as gaining 7lbs, not 15.
well regardless of the doctor.. you still gained that 8lbs back.. so regardless, you still gained 8lbs and then some.. that 8lbs had to go somewhere lol.. if someone was 250lbs, and they lost 50lbs and went to 200lbs.. bu gained 80lbs after that... it's exactly that, you gained 80lbs.. you didnt gain just 30lbs, you gained 80lbs... its still the same in pregnancy... your 8pounds is still gained weight during your pregnancy is what i mean
July 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are right you do track the weight gain, but since you were at a negative number due to the weight lost those 8 lbs I gained just brought me back to 0. Coincidently pregnancy weight tracker apps also track lbs lost as negative and pounds gained as positive. I'm not sure it is "fair" to track lbs gained but not deduct for lbs lost as well. Regardless, I am pretty sure I will just stick with what my doctor is telling me.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

July 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last visit ( 2weeks ago), I was up a few pounds, but it was afternoon and I had just had lunch. Yesterday when I went, I was 2 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. The Doc said us bigger gals often don't gain much, or even lose weight... which is fine by me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search