Becky_78 & Wishinfor2ndblessing

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Hey DDB... thought I would get our thread started.... Hows your week going so far?

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Thinking about you this morning... So glad everything went well at the dr's office...

July 24th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't even see this thread until just now!!! I'm great DDB How are things going for you??

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

July 24th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Things are going pretty well... I'm tired though... barely slpet Sunday night, and I slept horribly last night too.... Then this morning I got terribly sick... like I had to wake Ryan in order for him to get my Zofran.... But MS is always a good sign right???

I have a doctors appointment today.... so I am only working a 1/2 day today... so that helps... not like I'll be able to take a nap at home though. Hannah already has plans for us... hehe But I got some cuddle time last night so that helped a lot too.... maybe she'll be up for more cuddle time tonight...

July 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I ended up taking a large nap and doing almost nothing all day (It would have only been better with a cuddle, I'm sure!) Hope your doc appt went well!!!

July 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
My doctor appointment went amazingly well.

I was prepared too, maybe a little too prepared from my OB's perspective. I had my list of questions ready. I always forget, and then on my way home I'm like.... "OMG, I totally forgot to ask... all well I'll remember next time" like that ever really happens.....

But my doctor said absolutely no traveling the week of Thanksgiving, (My mom was wanting me to drive a hour away to her house) just in case Sophia comes early. But Christmas I am free to travel to see my mom.

My next appointment in 8/27 and I will have my GD test that day too... so looks like I will be on vacation that day... wooo hoo.... I planned it so well...

My OB even started the process to get my scheduled c-section on the books... and I asked her if I can have it on Dec 5th.... and she said it was fine as long as its available.... So fingers crossed it avail.... Dec 5th is exactly 1 week before my mom's 50th birthday.... so that's exciting in itself.

She didnt seem concerned about my weight, I am more concerned about it I think. My OB never brought it up.... I am +15 lbs..... wholey moley I think I might end up putting on more weight than I want to... Which I don't get since I eat a lot of healthy stuff too. OHHH WELL!

Sophia is doing GREAT... Strong heart beat... In fact I think Sophia hates the doppler... cause everytime the nurse tries to find her, or when I try to find her at home.... she moves away from it... and kicks the crap out of it.... it's like she is saying "HEY.... I'mmmmm in heeerrrreeeee..... a little privacy please!" Which is hilarious cause I am very protective over my privacy and so is DH.... so I can't imagine where she gets it from....

July 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I am so glad that you were able to go home and get some rest.... I am SUPER JEALUOS... but happy you got to lay back...

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get the supplies I would need to make headbands with flowers for Sophia... and the flowers were like 5.00 a piece... umm its cheaper to buy them premade.... maybe on Ebay???? UGH....

I did find some cute bows that I can hot glue onto some clips that are unique.... so I am gonna make some of those and then prob buy some flower clips premade that I can clip on headbands....

July 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Such a great appt! I hope the 5th works out - it's crazy to think you would know Sophia's birthday already!!!

We had just begun thinking about Thanksgiving - I guess I will be in the same boat. It's about an hour back to my parent's house - which is a lot different than the 3 block walk from my apt to the hospital. I'm really bummed about it though - knowing us we'll end up with take out or something Or maybe this will be the year I finally see the parade...you know, almost ready to go into labor and all

I wouldn't even know the first thing about making hair bows - you are incredibly crafty!!

Hey - did I read somewhere that it's the due date buddy's job to finish her partner's wedding album??

July 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Sure... I finnish yours, if you'll finnish mine... oh btw.. I havent started on mine at all... 2 yrs later, I dont think its gonna happen

I know.... its super crazy that I would know Sophia's birthday so early... I mean that is as long as she doesnt come early... that's my biggest fear... is that Sophia will come early, which then mean an emergency c-section....

I keep having dreams that during my c-section, Sophia is perfect and fine, and all of a sudden I loose to much blood and die.... I know this is stemming from the fact that I almost died while in labor with Hannah, and now its transferring to Sophia... I have to keep reminding myself that this is a completely different pregnancy....

I tried googling for hairbows, and looking on ebay.. but it seems like they are sets of 12 of the same kind of flower... which I dont want... I want different flowers.... and when googling for different stores that have them they are like 8-15 dollars...

Maybe making them is cheaper..... ohhhh I have no clue.....

My hope is to make enough that Hannah and Sophia can share them.... since they are flowers on clips.... Hannah can wear them in her hair, and Sophia can wear them in her headband or hat..... that would be ideal.

July 26th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Hopefully your dreams turn more peaceful soon! I'm sure this delivery story is going to be so much better than your last

As for me, I'm already up and dressed and waiting for the AC guy to come repair the the bedroom unit. And while I'm waiting...I started trying to pick out car seats for the registry My sister and best friend keep hounding me to set up the registry - so I guess the shower invites must be going out soon.

Registering makes this all so much more...real? I mean - I know there's a baby growing in there, but it's still seems so unfathomable. What do I possibly know about taking care of a LO?? AHH!!!!

July 26th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Well, let see... you've been taking care of a LO for 5 months now... I think your doing a good job ....

Its scary, I scared going from one to two kids... but its so much fun... I love every minute of it.

The registry sure does open your eyes to how fast it is going.... I finally finnished my 2 registries... and then have a lunch Sunday with my girlfriends to work out the date for the shower... after that I am out.... they can have the stress of planning it...

I am so freakin tired.... I have NO energy today... and am about to fall asleep at my desk... I thought we were suppose to get more energy the 2nd trimester... I am literally so tired, that my eyes won't stop wattering..... UGH!

Hannah left last night to go spend a couple of days with her Nana and Papa... Hannah talked to Papa last night, and my dad literally drove an hour to my house to pick her up, and an hour back just so Hannah can stay a couple of nights with them. That little girl has her Papa wrapped around her pretty little finger...

July 29th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Sorry I've been away...I spent two days struggling with (i think) round ligament pain. Whatever it was, my lower abdominal region was so angry & crampy that I couldn't think straight. Ugh. It feels a bit better now. Ave you experienced any growing pains lately?

July 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry you have been hurting... I have been dealing with round ligament pains too... They hurt like the dickens.....

Ryan Finally got to feel Sophia move last night... it was amazing!!!!! HE just got this looke of utter surprise and this look of being in love with his child.... and gave me a kiss..... it was movie perfect.....

I played hookie from work today.... I was sssooooo TIRED... and got to sleep in till 9:30.... I felt bad cause Hannah never came and woke me up... so we got to breakfast about 10 ish.... but better late than never I suppose....

I am still super uber tired....

Finally got a date set for the baby shower... October 21st.... which is funny cause Hannah's birthday is Oct 23rd... Hannah didnt seem to mind though.

Everything just seems to be going so fast.....

How was your weekend... Did you get some rest???? Hope your feeling better luv!

August 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hey sweet!!! The baby registries are finally done - at least I think so Now we're just getting ready for the move (and buying furniture and whatnot). I am a spending machine right about now

Hope you are well and that you had a great weekend!!

August 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I had an AMAZING weekend... and wonderful time seeing my brother perform his first out of state show. I am exhausted though. I drove to Texarkana, TX (5.5 -6 hours one way) myself, and then drove back. My feet and legs are so swollen from driving, but it eas worth it. I posted a thread about it in our DDC.

The only bad part about this weekend was after my brother's show we stopped at Sonic for drinks.... it took 30 mins to get 4 drinks, tator tots, and onion rings.... 30 freakin minutes.... UGH.... and if that wasnt bad enough..... I got back to the hotel and took a sip of my shake and ended up with someones chewed up spearmint gum in my mouth (No one around me had taken a sip of my dirnk or been chewing gum, so it had to be someone's from Sonic) I am livid. I wrote their corprate offices today..... I took pics for proof as well.....

Other than that everything was great...

So glad you were able to get the registry done. I know that's one less stress for you. Woo hoo!!!!

Now once your moved and unpacked... it will be even less stressful...

We're still waiting to hear back from the bank... I am go NUTS over here.... I keep checking my phone... and email just in case I miss something.... UGH!!! I hope they call soon!!!!

August 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hope you had a great weekend DDB

August 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I had a good weekend.... very busy.... picking up boxes from my moms house and coming home to start packing.

|We found a great deal on groupons today..... movers for 3 hrs for only 150.... wooo hooo!!!!! We rather let them move the heavy stuff any day.

How was your weekend????

August 14th, 2012, 07:38 AM
OMG!!! That is such a great deal!!!! We move on Friday and just hired some doormen from our building to help with the heavy stuff (moves inside the building are pretty easy). I wish they were only charging $150 though!!!

So when is your move?? I did not start packing at all really - I'm in some big trouble. I guess it shouldn't be too bad since we just moved in here 2 years ago and there is only 750sq ft of space to stuff things into. I just need to get a move on and stop slacking.

We had my parent's b-day party over the weekend. My Dad turned 50 on Sat and my Mom turns 55 in Sept. It was fun - but my sister planned it and it was at a bar which was a bit awkward for me. Not that I would have minded just sitting at a table - but my mom kept wanting me to dance and whatnot. I just didn't want to be the crazy preggers girl dancing to the band at some hotel bar. Sigh. It also started at 8pm - so I was exhausted. I guess this is what you get for being the oldest sibling - I just can't keep up anymore!

August 14th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I completely understand. A mutal friend of DH and I had a birthday party a couple of weekends ago, and it was at a bar as well. Thankfully DH is smart and knew I wouldnt want to go into that smokey atmosphere.... so he lied and told her I was going out of town that day.... when really I left the next day. He still went and hung out for a couple of hours... but saved me from the whole ordeal.

WOWZERS!!!!! Your moving on friday!!!!! YAY!!!! but at the same time UGH!!!!! I know its good, but I still hate moving..... I'm not having to do a whole lot cause DH doesnt want me to.. (I tried to move a table at work like an inch to get a network cable in order to hook up my laptop and pulled a muscle in my back and my groin. Good stuff.... ).. so he is mainly packing stuff and moving it. My job is to pack to antiques and nick nacks, and then pack the books but he will move the box.... and then to take it easy....

The landlord already gave us the keys to the house. Tech our "BIG" move is Sept 1st.... but the landlord said we can start moving stuff in now little by little. SO we get to spread the move over the course of 2 1/2 weeks rather than move everything in one day. That should help alot...

So much to do and so little time.... Just working takes almost all the energy I have.... and DD starts school on Friday.... so that will take some more energy... I just dont feel like I have much to give now....

August 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM
DUDE - I forgot people could smoke at bars in other places!! Wow - it's amazing how quickly I took the smoking ban in NY/NJ for granted!!

Joey doesn't want me really packing or moving anything either - but I'm such a control freak that I'm not sure I can completely stay away. I'm going to try my best though It will be nice to space your move out over a few weeks

Sorry to hear about your groin strain, though - they are the worst!!!

I'm hoping that once I'm done moving - I'll be back on JM more regularly...I feel like I've been MIA so much lately! Love you sweet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search