Thursday Three

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
If you could go back in time and have a "do over" what would you change?

What is one piece of advice that you wish someone had given you growing up?

What is something you are looking forward to doing with your new baby as he/she gets older?

My answers:

This is actually kind of a scary question because it's amazing how one little thing could completely change the course of your life. Like, I automatically think that I wish I had been pre-med or pre-vet and gone to veterinary school instead of what I did. BUT, if I did that then I would not have met my DH and I wouldn't have my little girl(s). So to keep it safe, I guess all I would change is standing up for myself more in Jr & High School. I would probably have told off a few people who really deserved it instead of taking crap from them for 4 years.

What is one piece of advice that you wish someone had given you growing up? I wish someone had told me that high school would someday be a very distant memory and that almost all of the "cool" kids would be a disaster in 10 years and that they weren't even remotely worth the time or effort to impress!

What is something you are looking forward to doing with your new baby as he/she gets older? Can't wait to take some family road trips with the girls once they are old enough to appreciate things. There's nothing like seeing a kid see/experience something for the first time to make you enjoy it more.

Last edited by Leanne78; July 19th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
July 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also would be afraid of changing anything that would alter the course of my life to not bring me to my husband. Maybe just something that would have brought us together sooner if there was anything! Other than that, I wish I would have ended things with my ex sooner, but I don't think I would have ended up with DH if the timing for our split hadn't worked out the way it did.

"You don't have to clean your plate." I think I heard the rest of it, just didn't listen!

What is something you are looking forward to doing with your new baby as he/she gets older?
Taking him to the zoo and going to the family camp I grew up vacationing at every summer on Lake Winnipesaukee.

July 19th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If you could go back in time and have a "do over" what would you change?[/B]
I too worry that changing any part of my past would alter my present, so I'd have to say I think I wouldn't change anything, except maybe not having argued with my dad about something silly before he passed away & not getting to the hospital in time to tell him I loved him

Hmmm. There are so many... I think the best piece of advice I wish I'd gotten would be to be distrustful of everyone until they proved themselves otherwise. I think having trusted people has gotten me hurt emotionally way too many times & I still can't bring myself to not trust people up front :/

I think there are so many things I am looking forward to... Going to the beach, the zoo, for walks and just being with her as much as possible.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could go back in time and have a "do over" what would you change? I would probably have focused more on my education in high school, and less on being popular and partying all the time. Would have been nice to have gotten a scholarship.

What is one piece of advice that you wish someone had given you growing up? How important it is to be kind to people, even if they don't deserve it.

What is something you are looking forward to doing with your new baby as he/she gets older? I'm so excited about family trips to my family's condo in Maui. We haven't taken Izzy yet, and I have so many good memories there! I just want to enjoy watching them grow up and experience life. There are so many "firsts" to be had, I can't wait!

July 19th, 2012, 09:32 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I would have probably went to RN school, so I would have had a college degree. I did the one year LPN program, I ended up hating nursing and wonder if I would have felt differently has a RN. Who knows. I really just wish I would have completed college, since I may not get the chance to go back.

Try your hardest and that it is important to do well in school. My parents were more like as long as you try and pass, we are happy. I graduated on time with ok grades but I wish I would have tried harder and actually done well in school.

I cannot wait to go family vacations! I am so looking forward to going to disney, taking cruises and road trips with my kids. Also, when they get older, older, I wanna take them to concerts with me. It's something I really love and want to experience it with them.

July 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
When I was 19 my grandmother had a small stroke and they told her she couldn't drive anymore. At that same time I moved in with my boyfriend the first time I had ever lived with a guy I thought we were going to get married. We didn't and my mom ended up putting my grandmother in a home. Looking back I always wish I would have offered to move in with her. Once she moved into the home she developed dementia and slowly died. I feel like taking away her freedom took away all of her tomorrows and she lost the will to live. If I were there to keep her company she would have had things to look forward to and I could have been sorta out on my own . I will always regret that decision.

Boys will come and go. Don't change yourself to impress anyone because you will most likely hate the person you've become.

I am really looking forward to the baby stage! I feel like I rushed DD through it I'd like to sit back and enjoy feeding and cuddling even diapers .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search