The Nursery "Extras"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
1. Diaper Genie/Champ
Never used one. I just throw the diapers in a plastic bag and tie a knot in it and throw it in my garbage. We normally take out the garbage daily anyway and never had any issues with the smell.

2. Wipes Warmer
Never used one of these either. Never wanted the kids to get used to the warm wipes and then be out and all of a sudden need to use a cold one so we never bothered with this either.

3. Changing Table
Never used one of these, because we never really had the room for extra furniture. We've never had isssues changing them on the floor, couch, or bed.

4. Bottle Warmer
I used this a few times, but it was much easier to make bottles using room temperature bottled water so we never needed it and i always formula fed.

5. Boppy/Nursing Pillow
again never used this as we always bottle fed and never needed it.

6. Baby Monitor Video/Sound/Movement Pad
always used a sound monitor and would be lost without one.
July 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
MrsLucy's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Diaper Genie/Champ - I had the Diaper Champ and used the tall kitchen bags with the febreeze scent. Totally helped since I didn't want to leave the baby on the changing table while I threw out the diaper in the trash.. plus dh was working most of the time.

2. Wipes Warmer - I used it first the first couple months.. love the Munchkin brand, never dried out the wipes.

3. Changing Table - Yes always had one and it was helpful and also felt more sanitary to have a specific place to change the baby's diaper.

4. Bottle Warmer - Never used bottles, just breastfed.

5. Boppy/Nursing Pillow - I had two boppy pillows, I liked them but think they can be improved.. haven't checked if there is anything else out there.

6. Baby Monitor Video/Sound/Movement Pad - I had the sound monitor with my first, and video monitor with my second. Loved the video monitor so much. It gave me peace of mind and helped me keep my son in his crib a little longer for self soothing since I could see he was okay.

July 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
1. Diaper Genie/Champ
I was given a Diaper Genie II as a gift. I don't think it is essential if you take out trash daily or aren't sensitive to smells. I always emptied it daily.

2. Wipes Warmer
I didn't get one with our DS only because I read several reviews about the warmers having electrical issues. Honestly, the thought of one sparking in a room with my son scared the living daylights out of me. However, I see the draw for those of us who live in colder climates. I always held the wipe in my hands to warm it up when I was changing DS during those cold winter months.

3. Changing Table
We used a changing pad on top of the dresser when he was smaller.

4. Bottle Warmer
We just warmed pumped breast milk in a running water bath in the sink. Although I pondered getting a thawing cup to hold the breast milk under running water.

5. Boppy/Nursing Pillow
I used a My Brest Friend pillow in the NICU and loved it. When I got home, though, I had a smaller organic nursing pillow which was great.

6. Baby Monitor Video/Sound/Movement Pad
We used a sound monitor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search