For those with Toddlers. How old is too old for a stroller?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Kaitlin is 2 1/2 and will be 3 in December. She still uses her stroller if we are shopping or if we are out for a while. When Cameron is born, I am wanting to wear him in the Moby wrap, but I know it will be nice to have a stroller for him as well if he falls asleep in the carseat. I'm trying to find a double stroller that will accomodate a Chicco carseat and one where Kaitlin can stand up or sit down in it.

How old do you think is too old for a stroller? I'm not sure what to do or get? Any suggestions for those of you who have toddlers? What are you going to use/do?
July 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My three year old gave it up at age 2. My now 2 year old is still in it, but hates it, I'll let her out of it when baby comes. we're just doing with a single stroller for the baby, we're getting a new city mini gt, Since it fits chicco carseats. We are also getting The glider board so one of the girls can ride on that. I know they make a double, maybe look into that one?

When they are too old? I don't know I would say when they don't want to be in it or don't fit anymore.

Last edited by MomtoCarly&Sofia; July 19th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
July 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im wondering the same thing.... ds will be 3 in Jan. Right now we use the stroller rarely...i dont want to spend $200 on something i will barely use but at the same time im a little panicked of not having one if the need to go somewhere alone unexpectedly arises (if i dont have my Moby for example)

July 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We still use the stroller for my 27 month old for long walks, the mall, Disney, etc. My now 6 year old used a stroller for Disney up until about 5 years old. I bought a double stroller for the two younger kids to use for Disney and the mall, as well as long walks. It wont get used a ton but there will be times when we need it.
July 19th, 2012, 02:46 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Eli is 22 months and will be 26 months when baby comes. At this point he wants to walk (AKA run) everywhere. The only time we use it is when we are on a serious outing like a mall trip, zoo trip, all day type of activity. I have been marinating over this exact topic for a while.

There's the sit and stand, but not sure if it accommodates a car seat and not sure if Eli will be old enough to "stand" on that back part.

Do I want to get a double stroller? Especially when Eli is hardly ever in a stroller now?? I mean I will probably need him more "contained" when juggling two kids so it's not an impractical thing to spend the $$ on.

We also have an Ergo (loveeeeee) and I think that's the direction I'm leaning towards. The ergo is designed to accommodate both Eli and the baby as far as weight and baby wearing. So I'm thinking if baby is asleep in the car seat, we will click the seat into our travel system we had with Eli and put Eli in the ergo. If baby is awake, I can wear baby and use our lightweight stroller for Eli. I will just have to have both strollers in our trunk at all times.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 19th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I don't have a toddler, but I did notice a great difference in those students who were still using strollers in pre-k. Their walking/running was terrible, kicking, lower body muscles weak, difficulty walking up and down the stairs were awful and they would walk on their toes rather than their whole foot. 4 out of 5 children needed pt to correct this. Of course, it's not only from strollers, but it is one of the causes. If it was me, I would have them stop at age three and only use it when really necessary like amusement parks or extremely long walks.

July 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Izzy will be 3 in January, but I'm still going to get one. I'd like to have one for long walks, malls and various outings. We're going to get the double mountain buggy. It's a side by side stroller, and you can get the bassinet for one side for the baby. I like it because you can jog with it and it can fit through doorways that a lot of side by side doubles can't. It's pricey brand new, but I can score one in great shape fr Craigslist for about $350 - $400.

July 19th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Akadia just turned 2 and she HATES being in a stroller. I do have a double stroller that somene gave me. We'll see if it gets any use.

On a side note, I remember my parents taking me Kings Island when I was 4 and making me ride in a stroller. I was MORTIFIED that I was in a stroller and had the worst look ever on my face in all the pictures. I actually remember being embaressed. I think that's a good sign I was too old!

July 19th, 2012, 07:27 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't planning to get one, but I might if I can find one cheap. When this baby is little he can go in the ergo if we're in a place where my son might want to be in the stroller.

baby Roger @ 7 months

July 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Maybe I'll wait and see how it goes with the Moby and stroller we have now. I'll eventually like to get a walking/jogging stroller to use when he is a little bit older. Thanks for the suggestions!!
July 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Hunter was using a stroller just up until recently.. and hes 4.5 years old... i would have him still use one, as he still fits.. but hes too independent for it.. but occasionally he likes to use it because he gets tired

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search