btdt moms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Ade*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Veteran
So not that i know im having a baby boy, anyone have any advice that you would think a first time mom needs to know that isint obvious, or what the hhardest part of raising a boy has been for you?

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
For me, i have 2 girls right now and 1 boy, and other than potty training its been pretty similar. DH was afraid to have a boy after the 2 girls because he wasn't sure how to be. Like he didn't know if he should hug a boy, or call him honey like he does the girls, but he does both and DS is ok with it. For now anyway. I know my son likes to play more rough than the girls and is more daring but for the most part i try to treat them the same....
July 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM
LindsayGriff
I haven't had a girl so I am not really able to compare but my neighbor has a girl and I have babysat her and in my opinion, as babies they are essentially the same, as toddlers, the boys are more troublesome. They are rough, they are fearless and they just do not listen at all and mine right now tries my patience on a daily basis.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't found raising each gender to be much different. It's based more on personality in my opinion. We treat the kids fairly, and according to their personality. My first boy is by far the most sensitive and tender hearted of my 3. He's very lovey and cuddly, super sweet, but has a rough play side as well. My second son is more macho and rough play. My daughter (the oldest) is a sweet girl who is a people pleaser, and loves to rough play with her brothers as much as they do!
IF you are planning to have your son circumcised is the only thing I can think of that would come with any advice or tips.
Others may have more to say, but like I said, I feel it's more based on personality than gender. And basically, just love your boy (and I'm sure that's a given for you )
Jannell likes this.

July 20th, 2012, 08:48 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I would agree that it's probably more of personality than gender....
Although if you have the stereotypical "all-boy" child he will probably be full throttle, climbing, testing his limits, adventurous, etc.
My son has these characteristics, but he also has a mellow personality which kind of tones him down a bit so to speak. However, he was climbing before he could even stand or walk

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 21st, 2012, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All my boys have been different, I love having mama's boys. Some of them have been way more active than others, some of mine prefer the indoors. My boys do typically get into way more than my girls do and they have had more er visits to, lol. Honestly in the begining there is not much of a difference.

July 21st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I honestly didn't feel that my kids were much different as babies or toddlers... My daughter was actually always more adventurous and rough than my son, but perhaps that's because she had an older brother :/ the biggest differences came as they got older- I've found my son much easier in this time.

As infants, I think the one difference was obviously in the diaper changing aspect - there are certain methods of cleaning them, and I also found this much easier with my son!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only difference Ive seen is newborn baby boys pee every time (or almost everytime) you change their diaper.

Like the some of the others have said I think its more personality than gender. My boys were no harder to potty train (actually my oldest boy was the easiest) My 2nd daughter, was a climber, never sat still, had stitches twice before she was 2 and gave me a run for my money as a toddler. Neither of my boys even compared to her. I do find my boys to be slightly more babyish. That could be because they are mamas boys and I baby them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search