crystalcherry & burnbot

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a dvd of pregnancy yoga at the store for like 1.99. I am gonna try it out tomorrow. I hope I can relieve some of this stretching pain! I am gonna have DH get me some Epsom slat too. Today I have had the worst headache!! I have already taken all the medication I can and it is just still pounding!
I got my bella band today. My SIL says that they help alot with support and back pain. We shall see.
Do you do any exercise other than chasing around your 3 boys? (not that you need to after chasing them all day. I sure wouldn't be exercising.)

August 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am supposed to be on bedrest because of the partial placenta previa and my BP being through the roof so I don't do any extra exercise. The dr flips out that I even chase the kids around, cook meals, grocery shop and do all of the driving (dh does not have a drivers liscense). They just don't understand that I can't take it easy like they want me to. Did your headache ever go away? I always drink a coke with my tylenol so it's like taking an excedrin. During pg hormones make some headaches impossible to get rid of. What all have yall done this weekend?

August 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Oh due date buddy where are you? I'm missing our little chats. I hope all is well.

August 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Sorry I haven't been on these past few days. I have been feeling awful! I have had terrible headaches and indigestion that makes it so hard for me to sleep. Plus, DH has finals so he is up ALL night studying and when he is ready for bed, I am ready to get up! So irritating. But there are only 2 more weeks left of classes and he gets a week off! Yay!
I am getting so grouchy and uncomfortable feeling all the time. Sunday was my SIL's baby shower and it was kind of fun. I just hate her husband so much! She said that once her baby is here if he doesn't want to come back home then that is where the line is drawn and our family will be able to see her other 2 kids, but now she is saying that he may need "more time to adjust" WHATEVER! He is out cheating on her and we all know it. I just don't want to SAY that to her because she doesn't need any extra pressure with her baby being due any day.

I have been having terrible anxiety on top of everything else too.....ugh it's a rough one. How are you doing with the bedrest? I bet it's a pain in the butt trying to get things done without going to hard on yourself.

August 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I'm glad the shower went wel but it sucks he is still being a POS! Even if someone told her he was cheating if she is not fed up it probably would not make a difference. I know how if feels holding on to the hope that someone will change. Have you called the dr to see if they think you may be dehydrated? It seems like the headaches would have gotten somewhat better. It sucks having anxiety issues while you are pg. I will be so glad when I can go back on medication. I have taken a tylenol pm every night and still don't fall aseep until after 2. I am trying hard to go to bed earlier but it just is not happening. I'm not really sticking to the bed rest like I should. I do what I need around the house and take care of the kids and I rest between.

August 7th, 2012, 09:54 AM
It's good that you can get the stuff around the house done, but make sure you aren't pushing yourself too hard. Taking care of 3 kids plus you and DH is a FULL-TIME job! I have always said I wanted to have more than 2 kids but now that I'm pg with this one, I'm not sure how many more times I will want to put myself through this. AND next time I would be chasing a little girl around as well as being pg. I couldn't imagine!!
Sometimes I get so bored just sitting around the house and not working but I always try to tell myself to appreciate the quiet time because come Dec that won't be happening anymore. I feel like time is going by so slow but when I really break it down I can't believe I'm already 23 weeks pg!!
We had some crazy drama happen this weekend. My brother and a friend were on their way out of town to a music festival and got pulled over in another county for an expired tag. (If my bro's stupid friend would have told us his tag was expired we would have let him drive the Rav4). But yeah, they got stopped and the cop found a tiny bit of pot and took them to jail overnight and impounded the car. UGH!! I know they shouldn't have had it and stuff but c'mon the kid is 18 and as long as he keeps it out of my house then I don't really think it's THAT big of a deal. They treated us like some cocaine dealers when we went to get him. So stupid to me. And maybe I'm just emotional because I'm pg but the cop was such a jerk to me. He said "he's probably up to more than you think he is. You need to nip that in the butt" EXCUSE ME!!! My brother is 18 which makes him responsible for his own actions! I should not have to babysit him. Plus, give the kid a break, his mother just died! **sorry just really irritated**

August 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Some cops think way to much of themselves....I'm sure if someone were to check his vehicle he would have something in there too. The cops in the town we moved from were so dirty. Why in the world would they even search the car for an expired tag? I have had to go get DH from jail a few times over the years and their attitudes amazed me. The people that work the jails are just as bad. I had one call me from her personal cell phone while she was not even at work to tell me I needed to come get him. Its mostly about nosy small town bs. It's funny how they think you are his keeper. Last time I checked an 18 year old is an adult and makes their own decisions.

August 7th, 2012, 10:37 AM
THANK YOU!!! Now I feel a little less crazy. I also asked why they searched the car and it turns out that the cop was making up some bs story about HAVING to search any "suspicious" vehicles they stopped! So dumb. I mean the pot was found in the pocket of my brother's friends pants so technically they could have let my brother go and only arrested his friend since the pot didn't belong to my brother. But being the good friend that he is he said that it was his so they took both of them! He is fine now it was just a huge pain, especially since the car was impounded. I hate that they took the car too because our acoustic guitar AND bass is in it and those are expensive instruments!! We were told that they were taken out of the car and out in a climate controlled area until we can get the car but I'm not so sure I believe that. My brother is on his way to go get the car and stuff now.

Still waiting on a call back from the dr.....I think I'm gonna call and leave another message. So when does Jarrett get to go look at his new school?? I bet he is really excited! and you too!

August 7th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'm glad they are getting the car back. I hope they don't give them any trouble once they get there. I can't believe the dr still has not called back. We are far enough along now that a narcodic like Hydrocodone in a small 5mg dose will not hurt the baby if it is a miagraine or something. I had horrible headaches before I got pg with DS1 and had to stop my medication when I found out I was pg. It was such a relief when I was able to take a pill when it got really bad.

I'm not sure what day he is going to go to the school. They start the 20th and they had said something about th 16th but I forgot that is the day of my appt so we will not be here.

August 8th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I finally talked to the dr and I will be getting in to see them next week. She told me I could take an acid reducer like Zantac everyday to prevent the indigestion so we got some yesterday and it seemed to help last night. I'm also working on my water intake because I know I haven't been drinking enough. I actually feel pretty good right now.
Today is DH's big test he has been studying for. **fingers crossed** He got a 100% on his lab practical yesterday (organic chemistry). So proud of my bookworm! He is gonna make a great dr! But I surprised him with coffee (oh how I want some) and breakfast and that's my contribution to his education. Here's to hoping for another "A".
Too bad you won't be able to make it for the 16th. I'm sure he will do fine, even if he doesn't visit the school first. Maybe you can take him in early on his first day and walk around with him before he starts? The transition back into the school schedule is so hard. I hope the boys make it easy on you. I am so thankful that I don't have to make that transition. No work for me. DH says my job is the "official baby designer." I like that title. Do you have anything fun planned to do with the boys before they go back to school?

August 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I'm glad you dont have to wait much longer to see the dr. I let myself have a little caffiene every day or I would go insane. Sounds like if he makes another A on this test you may have to cook him a special dinner or something.
Right now we are trying to get everyone back on their sleep schedule for school but it is not working well at all. I wanted to take them to Branson to see a few shows since its about 30-45 min away but their sperm donor decided it was not important to pay child support this month, when they have to have school clothes and supplies, so it we wont get to do anything fun.

August 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
That stinks that he didn't pay. Especially with them needing new things for school. Adjusting sleep schedules is never a fun process. At least you are starting now instead of waiting till school starts. Sounds like you know what you are doing.
I go to the dr tomorrow at 11am. I am excited to see Zoey again.
Last night DH and I (and a friend) went to Mikado's Japanese Steak house for dinner. MMM MMM So good!! Then we went to Latitude 30. It's a place where they have an arcade and bowling so we bowled and played some games. It was really fun to get out of the house and do something fun! But by the time we got done bowling I was worn out!!! Today DH is going to work on the floors some more. They are getting so close to being finished. Then he has a little studying to do and tomorrow night we are going to the first preseason Jacksonville Jaguars game!!! Yay!! I have been waiting for football season to start and DH got us really got seats for a GREAT deal!!! I am happy to get to do all this fun stuff now because I know I won't be going out much once Zoey gets here. What's on your to-do list today? Are the kids behaving or driving you nuts?

August 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
DH finally made me get out of the house for a few hours and it was horrible. I went to B&N and picked up a book which has sucked so far. I went to 4 different stores to get the kids some clothes for school but I refuse to pay $35 for a shirt they arent going to like and with boys they will wear it a few times at it will be stained and have holes in it. I think we are going to try to go to a consignment sell next week so I can save a little money. Last night was horrible! I lost count after the 13th time I got up and today my back is killing me. I think I need a vacation!

August 10th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Really sounds like you need a vacation! I wish I could send you one! Are the boys in uniform at school? We stopped doing uniforms here. They are SO expensive! Hopefully you can find some good deals at a consignment shop. What book did you get? DH never takes me to the book store because I always spend WAY too much money. I really like science fiction. I finished the Hunger Games books recently and really enjoyed them. I also read a series I got for free on my nook about werewolves and it was really good. I am considering re-reading the Harry Potter series before Zoey comes. Can you tell I'm a nerd? lol
Sorry that you are in so much pain. Maybe the boys will want to do a pj movie day with you so you can get a little rest? I would be EXHAUSTED trying to chase 3 boys all day!

August 11th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I read a lot of paranormal romance books. I have completed just about all of the series and most of them are 15 books or more. It is a very expensive habit. We found a babysitter last night and went out for a few hours. We went to Red Lobster and then saw The Watch. It was nice not having them driving me crazy but it cost of $150 just for someone to watch the kids a few hours. I would have rather stayed home and saved the money. Tomorrow is the start of the consignment sell so I figure we will go after church. Too bad I don't have one of those little jazzy scooters for old people because I really dont feel like walking around I feel like he is right on top of my cervix and here lately I have been having BH's that get stronger.

August 12th, 2012, 08:19 AM
It's awesome that you got to get out of the house for a few hours, even if you would rather have not spent the money. You NEED a bit of a break sometimes! Red Lobster mm mm good! My DH absolutely LOVES lobster and crab. Must b his favorite food! We even had crab legs at our wedding. I need a new series to start reading. I enjoy series books vs just one book because it gives you more time to get connected to the characters. We almost went to see that movie the night we went out but I wasn't in the mood for a movie. Was it any good? I am pretty picky when it comes to movies and so is DH.
I wish I was the sitter that worked for you! I used to watch kids on the weekends for extra money when I worked in daycare and for 2-3 kids I usually made 50-60 bucks, depending on how late/early I was there. One family I still watch for pays me really well but she usually asks me to keep her 2 kids for 2-3 days instead of just a few hours. She is a hairdresser so she does my hair for free AND pays me like 300 bucks!
I feel you on the scooters! LOL I actually use them when we go to Wal-mart and the grocery store sometimes. One day I was feeling really sick and I had to get my prescription at Wal-mart and DH said "there you go baby, use one of those and then you won't have to walk." So I unplugged the thing and jumped on. BEST idea ever!! Good luck at the consignment sale! I hope u find some good deals!

August 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM
We went to the consignment sell after church but I did not stay long becuase I feel like death. I'm pretty sure I have a raging UTI and we are not heading back "home" until Thursday. There is an urgent care clinic a few towns over but I feel crazy going there to get antibiotics. I told DH it feels like someone stuck a curling iron in my bladder. I feel like I am going to pee all over the place then when I go to the bathroom I barely go. I hope this is what has had me feeling like crap the past week. I had talked to DH about using cloth diapers and he wasnt reallt on board but they had a few one size when I went today and I HAD to buy them. One was more expensive ($14) but it is so dang cute and looks super warm for the booty. It came with a few extra inserts so the price was not that bad I guess. I really had no idea what I was buying but I figured after I paid for it he couldnt say anything. I spent close to $300 and feel like I didnt get much but most of it went to a new SnugRide32 travel system for $75. The stroller part is used but it had a brandnew carseat with it, still in the box with the plastic. I know we paid over $300 for the same type, different design, when I had Elijah. DH bought one of the carriers with wheels that goes behind your bike so he can take Elijah for a ride when it cools off and it was $40 but they are well over $100. I found the big kids a few things for winter but I think I am going to take them and buy a few new outfits this week. I bought a few sleepers and onesies for the baby too. I could have spent way more time if I had felt better. I hope I can go back on the last day when its all half off and get a few more things for the baby.
The movie was okay but I am not a big comedy person. I have to occasionally sit through one since DH puts up with my movies all of the time. Did you get anything done for the baby this weekend?

August 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Wow! Sounds like you got a bunch of awesome things! My SIL swears you can't have enough sleepers. We also already got a carseat and stroller. DH is totally against cloth diapers and would kill me if I bought any. I'm not sure what he has against them. So sorry that you feel so bad though. Could you call your dr and see if they could call you in some antibiotics? Sometimes they can work with you if you tell them your circumstances. If not, then as much as you don't want to, I think you should go to the clinic and get some meds. My SIL got a UTI a few weeks ago and didn't go to the dr. She ended up in the hospital for a week with a kidney infection. You definitely don't want it to get any worse. I hope you start feeling better soon.
We didn't do much this weekend because DH had to study for his last test. He is completely finished with one class and has one more he will finish this week. Then he gets 11 days off before the next semester starts and we are going to go crazy in the house. He plans to finish the floors in the house, paint Zoey's room, and paint the kitchen. It will be awesome to have some time with him when he isn't focused on classes. We will probably visit my grandma and use her pool, and go to the beach. as long as the weather stays nice.

August 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Sounds like yall are going to be super busy once he is finished with his class. Don't forget to post some pics when yall are done.
DH informed me he doesnt think we will have the money to drive down for my appt. He acts like I can just skip it or something. I know it cost a ton to get down there, feed everyone and pay for a hotel but it makes me want to strangle him. If he would have told me I would have skipped the consignment sell but he acted like it was fine. I'm still hurting but I feel a little better today but it would be nice to be able to get some antibiotics soon.

August 14th, 2012, 06:42 AM
What is he thinking?!?! Of course you can't miss your appt! Men! Sometimes they just don't get it. Hopefully he will come around and be cool about it. DH got really worried when we had to reschedule our anatomy scan but my DH worries SO much about EVERYTHING. That's why I'm not working while pg. I would give him another stomach ulcer! lol Maybe your DH was just in a mood. I think you got some great deals at the consignment sale, so don't feel bad about it. You needed that stuff for the baby and got it at half price!
Can you believe we are 24 weeks?!?! Watching that scale go up is kinda frightening. I have always been under 100 lbs so this is really weird seeing it at 110 AHHH! I hope I can drop the weight after the baby. I have taken some pics of Zoey's room and the living room so I will have to post them so you can see the progress. (Zoey is kicking me SO hard right now I think she likes you!)
Anything big planned today? 6more days till the start of school!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search