crystalcherry & burnbot

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now he has decided we are leaving tomorrow for my appt Thursday. We are going to try to make it back for the boys open house at school but I'm not sure we will make it. The only reason he found a way to go was because he had a probation appt and could not miss it. It's nice to know it wasnt because he wanted me to be able to see the dr . GRRRR MEN!!!! I hate to know how much weight I have gained. I have not seen 110 in a long time so I would be happy. Besides taking care of kids and Cody I also am a promoter for Body By Vi. I did a 90 day challange before I got pg and had lost a ton of weight. I will have to post a before and after pic for you sometimes. I am so ready to have this baby so I can start back. It will be nice since it is safe to use the shakes while BF'ing and can actually increase supply. DH started his latest challenge and has lost 7 pounds this last week. I guess I better go to bed since its almost midnight and I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow. Oh, almost forgot DH invited his mom, step dad and the 2 kids they are raising to stay for a few days for labor day. Did I mention I cant stand my MIL?????

August 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That must be so frustrating!! Sorry Dh is being that way. It must be irritating having to have company, especially when your not in the mood for it. I know a few people who have done the Body by Vi thing. I don't know what kind of diet I will do yet.
I bet you are getting anxious for the kids to start school. My SIL is due any day now, so we are getting pretty excited about her new baby. I also FINALLY got through to the medicaid people and got approved!! Such a relief! That takes so much stress off of me. DH successfully completed this semester, once again with all "A"'s!! So today we are visiting with my grandma and hanging out at her pool. It is so nice having Dh here to hang out with and pay me so much attention. These are the times I remember why I married him and i just fall in love all over! He is such a sweetie!

August 17th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Sorry it took so long to post...it has been a mad house since we got back home last night. YAY for your DH's grades I know you are proud of him. I hope yall get to enjoy some time together before he starts back. I took the boys to meet their teachers a little while ago since we missed open house last night and I was never able to make it for him to see the school last week. The both met one of their teachers but not the other. Jakob has a male teacher for homeroom this year which is strange to him but he is very hard on his students and gives extra work if they finish too fast so I think it will work out good. Jarrett has a guinea pig in his class and since he loves animals the teacher is going to use it as a reward system for him. If he can be good for the day he can give it a snack and if he can be good Monday-Thursday he can move his desk by the cage on Friday. I was shocked but they wanted to go ahead and have our SPED meeting for him before I left the school. I sat down with the SPED cordinator, his teacher, the nurse and the vice principal to decide what steps we need to take to get him on track and his IEP approved. We did as much as possible in the metting and now we are waiting on medical records to move to the next step. They were all visibly upset when I started telling them about the problems we have had over the past few years and how he has been treated. The assured me that things were going to be different and we would get everything and every bit of help he needs. Oh BTW, since I plan on making some cloth diapers I may just have to get some girly fabric so I can make a few for Zoey even if you just use them for pictures. The girl prints are so stinkin cute.

August 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM
That good that the boys got to meet their teachers. Sometimes male teachers are just what boys need too. I hope it works well for him. That is wonderful about Jarrett and his teacher! The guniea pig is a great reward system! I bet he will really enjoy that. Is Dh being any nicer?
I would absolutely LOVE some diapers if you are willing to make them!! Then I can tell Dh I "have" to use them.
We are getting ready to watch the game tonight and tomorrow we are gonna go to the flea market to see if we can find some good buys on furniture, then afterwards we may go to the beach. I have been one busy momma lately! Busy having fun.
How is the bedrest going? Do you have things you like to do while sitting down? Are the boys helping you with the house at all?

August 20th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Sorry I haven't been around these past few days. I've been SO TIRED! So the older boys start school today!!! How was it getting them there? Do u like their teachers? Was Jarrett excited? How did he do with the other children?

August 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
They were excited but I did not get bus transportation set up yet so I had to take them and I have been calling all day and have not gotten anyone on the phone so I guess I will be picking them up. The social worker for the school is coming to the house at 1:30 to try to help figure out some solution to insurance not covering Jarretts visits and to find a dr for him. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night since Elijah got in my bed screaming "mommy I need you". I even tried sleeping upside down but he would find me and lay right under me. The house is a mess from going through the boys closets trying to get out the clothes that are too small and I told DH I needed his help before the lady came and what did he do??? He ran off to the golf course. I asked him if he would watch Elijah so I could take a bath before he left and he told me I better make it quick or he would just leave and Elijah would be running around by himself. I don't know what has gotten up his a** but he needs to figure it out real fast. He didnt even get up to see the boys off for their first day of school. I have gone through this crap before with him but he always goes back to being the same. GRRRR....I'm done venting now.

So how was the super busy weekend. I saw some of the pics you posted and it looks like yall had a great time.

August 20th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wow. Sounds like things aren't calming down for you much. Hopefully you can get that situation with the bus figured out. It would be such a pain having to drive them to school and pick them up every day. Plus, imagine the gas money!
Poor Elijah. Did he just have a hard time sleeping or do you think he might be feeling sick? Sometimes all the excitement of the older boys starting school can make them act different. Hopefully once they all get back into routine he will get better. Sorry to hear that your Dh hasn't been making you very happy lately. Grr....I know how frustrating men can be. I got really lucky with my Dh. He is great. It's all the other people in the world that I don't like.
We are back to working on the floors and we have the living room half way finished. My brother went to the pet store to look for a new cage for the rabbit that looks nicer and takes up less space. It's awesome because HE is buying it. Well I am going to go help Dh now. It seems like he works faster when I am in there asking him when he is ever gonna get ANYTHING done. LOL

August 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Is he feeling guilty for the traffic stop? LOL Tell him its going to take more than a rabbit cage to forgive him. We had a ferrett and the cage took up so much space. Im glad yall are getting baby things done even if it takes some nagging. Im so far behind its not even funny. Now that I did a ton of cleaning today I'm super crampy so as soo as DH decides to come back home I am going to take a Tylenol3, Procardia then a long bath.

August 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Just making sure the paint fumes werent getting to you

August 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Dh got the whole room primed and is going to paint today. The smell in the house was terrible so I hooked up the netflix in the "jam room" outside and hung out in there. I love that we have this room available to use for a recreation type room. We are bringing our 6th person into this tiny 3 bed room house! It's really crowded feeling here to me now. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting bigger or because of MIL moving in.
Little brother (Cole) has been doing much better since the whole thing with the cops. We are taking him to register for college classes today. They said he did really well on his GED. He took in as compared to finishing high school because he got so behind when our mom passed away it would have taken him an extra year to complete it. The rabbit cage is great! It is big but we love her too much to care how much room it takes up. Right now it is in Cole's room until we figure out a permanent place for it.
Did you get everything worked out with the bus situation or are you still having to drive the kids to and from school?
I saw that Elijah made a HUGE mess with those bean things from his pillow. Ugh! Sorry you have to deal with all this. And you are suppost to be on bedrest lady!! Be careful with how hard you push yourself. I don't want you to get hurt!

August 22nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Yay for progress with Zoey's room. It was always so nice walking into the nursery and seeing things getting done. I guess it makes it all feel more real. It great that your brother is going to start college. They said that most of the time people with a GED do much better than those that went to high school because they actually have to learn for the test unlike high school where you can make quite a few bad grades and still pass. Maybe this is what he needs to get back on track.
The kids are riding the bus now but I have to walk them down to the bus stop and stand there forever. They said it gets closer to being on time after the first few weeks so maybe it will get better. Jarrett tried being a pain in the rear this morning but once I told him I was getting the paddle he straightened up fast. They are switching our septic tank over to a sewer line today and they are ripping the yard up. It looks horrible! More poor grass and plants have been demolished. Last night I decided to check myself since I had been having so many ctx and pressure and to my suprise I was a 2-3. Cody is going to have to realize that I can't keep going like I have been. From the time I get up at 6 until it is time for bed I may sit down an hour at the most. He just doesnt seem to realize how important it is.

August 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Now I am completely fed up! DH kept wanting to know when me and the kids were leaving to go to church which was odd because he usually goes with us. I looked outside and he had Zeus, the great dane, giving him a bath. Once I told him we werent going tonight because I felt so bad he got a huge attitude about the fact that I should go anyway. Come to find out he had put an ad on Craigslist and someone is coming to get my dog! He said if I was so bad off that I needed him to help with the kids then I did not need Zeus anymore. I'm telling you I am going to end up on an episode of Snapped!

August 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
OMG I can't believe he would do that!!!! I am so sorry. You must be so upset! I know I would be. He is going to HAVE to help you....as much as I know he doesn't want to. It is what is best for you AND the baby. I wish there was some way I could help to relieve some of your stress.
I feel like death today. I have this awful pain in my back when I walk. I am going to call the dr tomorrow morning and see what I should do. I think it's my sciatic nerve or something.

August 23rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Try going to a chiropractor. It always helps when I go plus they can help keep your pelvis in line which even helps during labor.

August 24th, 2012, 07:59 AM
If I had the money, trust me, I would. Still fighting for this insurance. But I will do whatever it takes to get it. They already told me I was qualified. They just HAVE to be a pain. it's their job.
How's the bed rest going? DH helping at all yet?

August 25th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Last night I was up until almost 3 having some pretty hardcore ctx which is funny because I kinda took it easy yesterday. I ended up having to take all 4 doses of the Procardia plus 2 Tylenol 3's. I drank about 3 gallons of water and stayed on my left side but nothing was making it better. I guess the 4th dose finally worked though. I ordered some CD's today and can't wait for them to get in. Here is a pic of Elijah wearing one of his Alva diapers....they are cheap but hold in the pee so that is what counts.

I hope you start feeling better soon. I know you want to be helping do baby things but get some rest. Are they finished with painting yet?

August 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
DH is finishing painting the kitchen right now so I am out of the house for another day. I'm glad it's getting done though so I'm not complaining. What I am complaining about is this pain in my back. I am getting so bored already and it's only been two days of sitting around.
The diaper is cute! I hope things get better with the ctx's. We want you LO to stay put as long as possible. Is it really painful? I am such a wuss. I think I am going to be a big baby when it comes to the real pain of it all.

August 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
WooHoo for more painting. I'm sure you are glad its getting done. As for pain...yes it hurts! With Jakob I was induced with cervadil and pitocin and my epidural only worked on one side. When I went in with Jarrett they placed the cervidil and I was not dilated at all. In less than an hour he was born! I did not have anything for pain and I remember screaming and I'm sure I scared the other women back there. I was induced with Elijah 3 different times before it worked. I'm allergic to demerol so there isint much they will give me by IV before I get an epidural. The lady was working OB and surgery, placed my epidural with a starter dose and said she was coming back.....she never did! I don't think it would be near as bad if I wasnt on pitocin every time. That stuff is straight from the devil! I'm talking ctx lasting 10 min that would peak off of the sheet of paper. As soon as they put the baby in your arms it all becomes a blur or everyone would only have one child. You may think you are about to die in the process but it does come to an end eventually. I think I could survive an all natural delivery without pitiocin but I am not going to try. As soon as I walk in I'm telling them to dope me up! I think it also makes it worse if you have back labor and with the cervadil and pitocin you are stuck in the bed so there is even more pressure on the hips and back. As long as you go in with a birth plan that you are comfortable but know that things can change in a blink of an eye you will be fine. It's hard to be calm and relaxed but it does help some. I think Jakob was harder because I was so afraid of what was going on....don't be afraid to ask them questions as things start happening.
burnbot likes this.

August 28th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I hope that I won't have to be induced but we will see....

I woke up with the worst anxiety! I just feel like I want to get out of my skin. It's weird but I just can't get comfortable no matter what I do.

August 31st, 2012, 07:01 AM
Sorry Im just now posting up here. I'm having to use my phone and its a pain. Your pic looked great. I really need to take a new one. Hopefully I will be back on the computer later today so i can post more. I just posted my appt update and my texting fingers are tired.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search