crystalcherry & burnbot

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Crystal! Don't know if you saw but we are due date buddies!!! Yay!

July 21st, 2012, 08:19 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was checking from my phone and I couldnt find the list. YAY for DDB. How are things going for you?

July 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
I have been doing really well. Just got back from vacation in North Carolina for a week. When I got home my brother and MIL had cleaned the whole house. New sheets on my bed and everything! She also bought all new floors that we are putting in. I will take some before and after pics to post.
We got our stroller and carseat and I love it! It's our first baby so it was really cute watching DH put them together and figuring out how to work all the mechanisms.
How have things been going with you?

July 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
That was super nice of your MIL, glad you have a good one becuase mine is crazy! We are still in the process of settling in the new house and the kids start back to school in a few weeks so I will be glad when we have a somewhat normal routine again. We still havent bought a single thing for this baby so its good you have started getting things already.

July 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Are you planning on having a shower or are you just going to get everything yourself? Any luck finding a Doc that is closer to home?
I bet you can't wait till the kids are back in school so you can have a bit of sanity during the day!! Do you love your new house?

July 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I keep forgetting to check up here...my brain has problems adapting to something new. We are not having a shower so I will be getting everything we need. I guess the good thing about already having kids is that I know what I really need and what I can live with out. I have been trying to put some money back since we will have the other 3 to buy Christmas for. We still have not found a doctor and apparently the HR doctor I saw for my level II u/s is not having any luck becuase I have not heard from them yet and they even called my dr for my records so they could find me someone. My next appt is the 16th and I hope I find someone before then. The kids start school the 20th and I don't want to mess up their back to school schedule right before they go back. When is your next appt? Is the baby moving all over yet?

July 30th, 2012, 09:34 AM
It really stinks that you are having no luck finding a closer Dr. I am still fighting with the government to get medicaid so we have been paying out of pocket for our appts. Talk about expensive! If I don't get approved for the medicaid my next appt won't be until the end of Aug. But if I get the Medicaid I will have to get a new Dr so I'm sure they would schedule an appt sooner.
It's got to get crazy at your house during Christmas! 3 kids to buy for and a new baby! I bet it is going to be a lot of fun! My DH finished the new floors in Zoey's room last night. I am so happy to actually see some work getting done! He also stayed up ALL night cleaning out what we call the "jam room". It is a room built outside of our house that we use for playing music and stuff so we don't bother people in the house. DH has to move his pool table out there so we have more room for the baby in the house. But anyway, it was a MESS and DH spent all night going through EVERY box and cleaning everything! Now there is room for the pool table and some. I can't wait to see what we turn this house into. Now that we have a little incentive we are making the most of it all.

July 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Wow your DH has been a busy man, you better give him some extra attention. It's funny how you find other projects that need to be done when you start getting a house ready for a baby. I think I am going to tackle a project with the front entry way closet soon. Why are they giving you such a hard time about your Medicaid? I had it when I was pg with the other 3 and I really wish I could qualify again. It seemed so much easier since just about everyone took it. We lost our food stamps earlier this year, the kids just lost their Medicaid and I am not even close to being able to qualify. It sucks that the people that really need it cant get approved without jumping through a million hoops. Jarrett has Tricare coverage but they do not pay for any childrens metal health services and he has ADHD, OCD, PPD (an autism spectrum disorder), sensory & auditory processing disorder and sensory processing disorder. We had taken him off of all of his medications for the summer since he had lost 20+ pounds this school year but planned on getting him started again before school started. Since they dropped his Medicaid he cannot go see anyone without us paying out of pocket and his meds alone are $800+ a month. I am sick of dealing with the government when I see so many kids that dont have a single problem get approved for disability and I'm not asking for a check I just want him to have insurance. As for Christmas, its a huge, crazy, out of control mess! The older 2 are getting to the point where all they want is electronics so its not a million toys in the floor but it still gets nuts. I have to wrap each persons gifts in different wrapping papers just so they know what ones belong to them. We had an accident a few years back where one opened the others "big" gift. They still all believe in santa but I'm betting this will be the last year for Jakob. I finally had to tell them last year that we had to give santa the money to buy gifts just so they would stop asking for so much. My kids are super spoiled and get just about whatever they want during the year and for birthdays so it makes it hard at Christmas.

July 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
I have been on the phone ALL morning trying to get someone to talk to at the Medicaid place. They denied us the first time for some stupid reason. My DH gets scholarship money for school (med school is a bit pricey) and they denied us for like 2,000 bucks we got to pay for his last semester. REALLY?!?! That is not enough to pay for a baby!! I am gettin sooo frustrated because when I call it is a machine and when I press the button to talk to someone it says "all of our agents are busy assisting other customers, please try your call again later....goodbye" and it hangs up on me! How the heck am I suppost to get someone on the phone!!?? These dumb people made me miss my anatomy scan and now that I am 22 weeks I can't have it done :'( grrrr.
It must be hard not having insurance for Jarrett with all the medications and things he is on. I get upset when I see people who don't deserve it living off the government too. I was the teacher of the "special needs" class at the daycare over the summer last year and I just loved "almost" every one of them! (you always get those children who are just BAD no matter what you or anyone does). I actually have my Early Childhood education degree with a specialty in "special needs children" so I know how many meds they can be on and I also know how pricey it can get. I'm sure it gets tough to deal with sometimes. It sucks you don't qualify for assistance anymore. The way I figure is that my DH will be a full blown Doctor (surgeon) in about 5 years and we will end up paying so many taxes that the government will get every penny back! But you have to get started somehow and right now I need health insurance!!
I was always spoiled as a kid! I am sure they will be grateful for everything you have done for them....it just might take them a few years to realize it . My little brother is 18 and he is still all about electronics and they can get pretty expensive. Especially since you are buying for 3 and a baby! You should get a santa suit and ring a bell with a bucket so people can donate to your children's x-mas/ b-day fund! LOL j/k
Does Jarrett do better with or without his meds? Do you know what you are going to name your new little boy? I have such a hard time with boy's names! I was so happy to find out I was having a girl so that DH and I didn't have to argue about names. DH told me when we got engaged that his first daughter would be named "Zoey" and if I didn't like it, we couldn't get married lol, but just so happens I LOVE it so a Zoey Lynn we are having! My DH is always busy doing something! If he isn't at school or studying he is playing music with his bands or working on the house. His mom decided to move in and help us out and she is a huge nazi about getting the house looking PERFECT which drives me up the freaking wall!!! I am not by any means a clean freak and she will LOSE her sh*t if she comes home and there is A fork in the sink! But I lost my mom last Oct to cancer so I know she is just trying to help. She bought all our new floors but is now getting sooo upset that they aren't finished yet and we have all been working our tails off trying to get it done!! She is also getting us cable and a whole new living room set (her mom owns a furniture store). I feel like our baby is the blessing that is bringing the family back together because before this she was very distant and things aren;t going welll with my SIL.
SIL is my best friend! But she has the WORST husband EVER!! I HATE him! She is due in 2 weeks with her 3rd and when he found out she was pg he moved out of her house and told her he wasn't coming back until she "did something about it" are u kidding me!!! He has soo much money and is super stingy with it. He wanted her to get rid of the baby even once she was like 4 months!!! So, now he won't let me, DH, MIL, or FIL see his other 2 kids because we talked her into keeping the baby! MIL has been so upset over this because she used to take her other 2 kids almost every weekend and now she can't see them at all! We are hoping that once the new baby comes, he will get over it and act like nothing ever happened. (that is the kind of person he is, A JERK) But, at least the drama will be over and everyone will be together again. (we have an unusually close knit family, especially my bro and I after losing our mom).
Whoa, didn't realize how chatty I was feeling I really didn't mean to give you my life's background lol

P.S. I don't have texting but if you would like to exchange phone #'s or addresses PM me. I would love to send you a gift for the new little baby! I love to make things an not working right now I have plenty of time to do so!

July 31st, 2012, 10:12 AM
That sucks about your SIL's husband. I'm the type of person that I would not be able to keep my mouth shut and end up making things worse. I don't understand how some people are so hateful and self-centered! My little sister is living with a guy that is a complete a**. She had a little girl 2 years ago and he treated them both like crap, he wont keep a job and is constantly getting messed up and convincing her it is okay to do too. Her grandparents took custody of the little girl about a year ago when he had them both in the car during his drug deal and she took the charges for him. They had a little boy about 6 months ago and the crap is still going on. I ended up having to stay at the hospital with her the first night after her c-section becuase he had to go home since he couldnt do his crap that close to the hospital.
Is there an office you can go to for your Medicaid? I never dealt with them over the phone becuase I know how they can be and would rather see them face to face. Also, do you have a local health department that handles WIC and stuff like that? I know they deal directly with Medicaid and can maybe help you get somewhere with the process.
I would absolutely go insane if my MIL tried to move in with us. She drives me nuts and thinks she still controls my husband. I swear being away from her is the best part of moving away. Since the oldest 2 are DH's step-sons she has nothing to do with them since they are not his kids. For Christmas she goes all out buying stuff for Elijah and it's all really expensive and for the older 2 she will get them one thing each from the dollar tree.
Jarrett on meds is horrible and off of meds is the same. With the ADHD they treat with stimulant medications and the sesory PD makes him extra stimulated to start with so its pure hell. At this point I don't know what we are going to do with him. He is getting old enough to know that he is different which is causing struggles for all of us.
I love the name Zoey and if this baby were a girl she would have a name, Adaleigh Grace, but since it is a boy he has no name. I find names I like and DH hates them then he will give me horrible names and wont get serious about picking a name.

July 31st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I don't have much contact with SIL's husband or else I would so tell him how I feel. I also have a hard time keeping my feelings to myself. He hardly ever comes to anything. He doesn't go to church with our family and doesn't usually attend family dinners for b-days or family parties. It's usually just SIL and the kids. But it's probably better that way since we would all tell him off if we saw him. He actually told my SIL he wasn't sure if he would be at the birth of the baby because he doesn't want to see my MIL. WHAT?!?!
I am looking into getting WIC but I thought that if I did that before I got approved for the medicaid then I would end up getting denied again for something crazy! I haven't found a local office where I can go talk to someone. The website just tells me to call the same # I have been calling. Ugh!
I wasn't always a fan of MIL but things are going pretty good around here with her here. She has struggled with alcoholism so as long as she doesn't go back to drinking things should stay this way. Do your other kids get upset about your MIL not getting them gifts and stuff? They are probably too young to understand just yet. I'm glad you like being further from her. I am like that with my dad. I love him more than anything but he is better off living where he lives and letting me live here. When my mom passed he moved here for a few months to try to help and I felt like I had another kid to take care of. He just stresses me out!
Those stimulant meds they give to kids with ADHD can be a huge problem! It definitely helps them focus but kids are hyper enough as it is. They don't need the meds to make that worse. My brother is on VyVanse. It's the new Aderall or something and he has alot of trouble sleeping when he takes it so now they have him taking Melatonin too. I think it's a bit much but it does help him so I wouldn't tell him to stop taking it.
Adaleigh is such a cute name! Were you secretly hoping for a girl? I want one of each if I can manage it...but that isn't how life works so I will take what God blesses me with. Although, this is my first child so it's hard to decide how many children I would want to have. I worked in child care for a long time so I know what it's like dealing with kids....just not ALL the time. Now there won't be any hour break from the kids or kid-free weekends. But 1 is better than 12 right.

July 31st, 2012, 10:10 PM
The oldest 2 have the same dad and he is a POS! They have not seen him since they were 2 and 3 and he lived one block over from us so they have more issues with that than with my MIL not getting them things are treating them like they belong. I was sure I only wanted 2, so sure I had my tubes tied. When DH and I got married he wanted children of his own and things worked out where I was able to get my tubes untied. We did not plan on having another but some things are just meant to be I guess. DH refuses to get snipped and I will never get my tubes tied again so we may end up with 50 kids! My dr keeps telling me that this needs to be my last since I have so many problems while I am pg but who knows.
DH and I have been arguing for the past hour over what to do with Jarrett. He cant seem to understand that he will never be "normal" and compares him to the other kids. After he was born he had problems with severe aspiration and was airlifted to Childrens 3 times. There were quite a few times that they told me he would not make it and if he did he would never talk, walk, etc. I guess it is easier for me to accept since I have been there from the beginning and I know how bad it could be. He seems to think medication will fix everything but the poor kid has been on every medication known to man and nothing really works. He started on medicaiton at 2 because his problems were so bad and has been inpatient 3 times. I hate it because I feel like there is nothing I can do to help him and if I don't really understand what is going on there is no way that he will.
Our local medicaid offices are listed under Department of Human Services. They should have an office for each county that handles food stamps and medicaid. If you can't find it that way the WIC office should definately be able to tell you who to contact besides some automated system.

August 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear about DH not understanding Jarrett. I agree with you though. It's not fair to try and compare him with the other children his age. It's not a bad thing that he is different than the other children his age. He can still learn and love and be a happy child. If the medication doesn't help, or offer any change in behavior I think he doesn't need to be taking it. But that is just my opinion. Some medications can take time to work so it's always a hard decision to decide if you are going to give the child meds or not.
50 kids!! I don't think anyone could handle it and not go crazy. They would have to put me in a straight jacket! I do want 3-5 kids though and a lot of people think that is too many. DH was really surprised when I told him I wanted more than 2 but as long as he becomes a Dr and makes that money it will all be ok.
I just finished my phone interview for the medicaid. I had finally gotten a notice that they wanted me to do one. Now I have a few things to fax them and hopefully soon after they will approve us! Fingers crossed!

August 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM
YAY for the phone interview! I hope it does not take long for them to get everything approved. Is the drs office giving you any problems about not being covered? When your DH becomes a dr at least you will get discounts at the hospital he works for
Do yall have any plans for his break between semesters?

Since DH is 100% disabled through the VA I started a program called cargeiver support at the end of last year. It provides insurance for me and a monthly paycheck for making sure he takes his meds, gets to appts, has help with making appts etc. They come into your home every 3 months to assess your needs and make sure you are doing what you need to. They came in today and acted like they were going to start cutting back on the program which I hope they don't cut mine.

August 2nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
That's really cool! I hope they don't cut it back. We have just been paying out of pocket up until this point. But the labor and delivery fee is WAY too much for us to afford so we are hoping the Medicaid will cover it. Now we play the waiting game.

I think I am gonna have him paint Zoey's room while he is out of school since I can't do that. Once that is finished we can move on to furniture and stuff.
These past 2 days I haven't been able to do anything but SLEEP. I think I went to bed around 6 last night and didn't get up till 10 this morning! Then I just eat until I go back to sleep! Where is this energy everyone told me I was gonna get in the 2nd tri?!?! How have you been feeling?

August 2nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
I think the only way you get energy in the second trimester during the summer is if you live in Antarticia or something. It's so hot what little energy I get is zapped by the sun. I know part of the reason I am so tired is becuase all 3 kids are home for the summer and they don't go to bed until 11:30 or so and if I want quiet time to watch tv or even take a bath I have to stay up even later. I have been going to bed at 1:30 or a little later and they are usually up by 7:00. Once school starts back they will be in bed earlier so I can actually be in bed by 11:00. DH doesnt get up to help get the kids ready for school so I will be up around 5:30 but I can take a nap when they get on the bus. I am still sick from over a week ago but it seems like it is finally starting to clear up.I have been starving the past few days so I guess LO is going through a growing phase. Have you noticed a big increase in your appetite yet?

August 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Wow! You tire me out just reading about what you do in a day! You are one good mama! Counting down the days till school starts back. That will be such a relief. A little time for you... even if it is just a few hours a day.
I can't stop eating!! I went through a few months where I wasn't very hungry at all and now these past few days I have been starving all the time! My big thing to eat is Ramen noodles. They just taste so darn good! I have also been making grilled cheeses just about everyday for the past 3 days so that is something new. I always want sweets like ice cream and candy! What are your big cravings?
I am up 10 lbs. How about you?

August 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
I was up 15llbs at my last appt but they were sure a good 5 pounds was from swelling. I had lost over 50 pounds right before I got my BFP but I know with the plan and products I was using I can start right back after this LO is born and get back to where I was. I gained 75+ with DS1 and that was hard...I'm still carrying around some of those pounds. Today I told my DH he had to watch the kids for a little bit so I could just go lay down. I was complete wiped and they had pushed me to the point that I was ready to scream. They seem to know exactly how to push my buttons. I would never home school my kids....I need my break. I thought I would have all 3 of them in school this year but they have to many 4 year olds in the Pre-K program so they are not taking any 3 year olds this year. The area we move to is actually a community owened by a company, it has 25,000 people but is not a real town. We have to pay monthly and yearly fees to live here but they do offer some conviences for what we pay. There are 3 swimming pools with gyms and one is indoor so once school starts I think I may try water zumba or something. Right now I'm having problems dealing with the fact that we don't know anyone and I feel like I am stuck in the house 24/7.

August 2nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Water zumba sounds like a lot of fun! That's a cool thing to offer! I am not a go to the gym kind of girl but I do like to work out at home. Too bad they aren't taking any more 3 year olds. I guess there is always next year. It was good that DH was able to watch the kids so you could get some rest. I bet they run you to the ground! My belly feels sooo tight! I know it's from all the stretching but it is just so uncomfortable. Maybe I will go take a hot bubble bath....

August 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Next time you are at the store grab a bag of Epsom Salt. It helps with swelling but it also does really good at relaxing muscles. They do have some that has menthol and I checked with the high risk dr and they said it was okay but only when my muscles were hurting really bad but you can use the regular kind every day. It's getting to the point where I have to support my belly when I turn over or the pain is extreme. People also rave about pregnancy yoga and how it helps to streach the muscles and ligaments so it is not as painful as your belly grows.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search