What was I thinking?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By white.house
  • 1 Post By Irene.C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You would think that after having DS in December I would have known better than to have another winter baby. Don't get me wrong. I love being pregnant, but this 2nd trimester in the middle of summer is totally for the birds. I am so hot and uncomfortable it's not even a little funny. And today I don't think Walmart's air conditioner was working right because it was way too hot in there to do my shopping. I think if we ever have another baby I'm going to start TTC in June so that maybe I can deliver before summer even starts.

July 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
It is hot and uncomfortable, but having had a baby in July I can tell you that sweaty newborns that need to be held all of the time can be difficult too. This is my 3rd baby born in the late months of the year and it's much nicer to cuddle with them, IMO.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

July 22nd, 2012, 05:52 PM
~l~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycerin19 View Post
It is hot and uncomfortable, but having had a baby in July I can tell you that sweaty newborns that need to be held all of the time can be difficult too. This is my 3rd baby born in the late months of the year and it's much nicer to cuddle with them, IMO.
Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that before! after being so miserable while large and pregnant in the summer with both of my girls, I was DETERMINED to have a late winter or spring baby this time. However, God had other plans and here I am 24 weeks with a big belly in July Thankfully, this time I haven't been too miserable yet. I still hope for a winter or spring baby with #4!
July 22nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a February baby, so I wasn't hugely pregnant and uncomfortabe in the summer, but with a growing body and insane hormone changes, it was still a little rough. I have a May baby and was never pregnant during the hot summer months and it was so nice! My 3rd is a November baby, so this is all very familiar to me. While it does suck, I have often thought how hard it would be to have a sweet little sweaty newborn in this heat!

July 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Eli was born September 15th! My whole 3rd trimester was in the hottest part of the year!!! It was miserable! But obviously worth it
I want a spring baby next time!
Nicole1481 likes this.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to agree with Sarah

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 22nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bowen was also born September 15th.. It was bad, bad, horrible, horrible, terrible... Going all summer 110-120 & its still 110 in September!!!

We had lunch today for my sisters birthday at a restaurant on the patio, it was 106! It was shaded and they had a cooler, but I was soooo hot! It took me a full 2hrs to cool down.

Even though Im terribly hot now, Im looking forward to having baby when the weather is cool.

July 22nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
welcome to the club.. all three of mine are winter.. well Van and this baby are technically Fall but when i had Van is was basically winter in MI with like 40 degree weather.. i actually wanted a summer baby.. like summer as in before school starts summer... June-August... that is the BEST time for a birthday IMO.. my birthday is in August.. i've never been denied doing what i wanted to do because everything is open, the weather is predictable.. i didnt have to have my birthday in a classroom... i LOVED/LOVE it.. I was supposed to have an august baby with my mc in Dec.. i was really bummed.. but DH's swimmers apparently only like late fall/winter babies
July 22nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Natasha-Cullen AND this baby were "supposed" to be August babies....

July 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hating it now but I will be LOVING it come the 3rd tri! With my pregnancy with DS he was due DEC 17th and omg those last few months I kept the window open ALL night long and DH used to get SO mad because it was below 0 and I was omg so comfy. It was wonderful. The thought of sleeping under my fluffy covers with below 0 air in the bedroom is what is getting me through these hot months lol.

I however am not fond of the idea of another winter baby because of all the germs and sickness going around at that time, and having to bundle all the time...... but it gives us an excuse to stay home and cuddle!

July 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a January baby, a June baby and now November.
This one has been the roughest as far as being hot/uncomfortable.

I have a Summer birthday and when I was a kid I didn't like that I didn't get to have a school party on my birthday...and since my birthday is the week of July 4th, we were often out of town or my friends were, so my parties kind of sucked.

Also, having a Summer baby, I felt like I missed out on all the fun Summer activities in the new baby haze. Delivering in Winter I didn't feel bad being stuck inside. I think November will be a great time to deliver & celebrate baby's birthday. I just hope I have the energy to make Christmas as special as usual.

July 23rd, 2012, 01:47 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
first time pregnant so I cant really compare it to anything but I do think Id rather have 2nd tri in the summer then 3rd or a newborn. although I must admit i think this is the first time ever I have actually sweated in my sleep im normally so cold natured when I pass out this waking up icky thing is getting a little old.

July 23rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yeah, being uncomfortable during the Summer does kind of stink, but so does being shut in the house with a newborn when you'd rather be out in the pool. I had Akadia at the beginning of July and we had a really hot May and June that year. I spent all my time in the pool though and actually kind of enjoyed that while in the third tri. Once I had Akadia though, it was just too hot outside for her and I couldn't swim for the recommended 4 weeks anyways. This time around, I'm getting to enjoy my whole Summer and then I'll be inside with the little one when I would be inside the house anyways, during the winter. I kind of like how things have worked out. I had originally hoped to have a Spring baby, but after a year of heck, I gave up on caring about the timing.

July 23rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Irene.C's Avatar Veteran
after 14 months of trying to get pregnant I didnt even look at what my due dates would be each month. I was so glad to get pregnant I didnt care if the kid was due on Christmas day. it is hot but 2nd tri is easy and I have also thought about cuddling a newborn in the cold winter.
Leanne78 likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had 2 kids in Feb. and 1 each in Jan. May, June, July, & Oct. My favorite time to have a baby are fall/ winter. It does suck being pregnant in the summer, espeacially a hot one like this though.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live in the pool or A/C every minute every day... couldn't be without! I'm excited to have a fall baby--- so that I can do alot of walking in Dec-March when the weather is awesome here... but I'm lucky that it'll be 50-70 mostly during those months here in the south. I had my DD in March, in Michigan, and it was ice cold... and I hated the winter maternity clothes of jeans and sweaters and socks I like a little cotton skirt and a tank top and flip flops. If I got preggo again, Id do fall baby again if I could choose based solely on what maternity clothes I could wear

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search