BTDT mommas of 2+ :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious....

Is it just a myth that next babies are born sooner and quicker than the last? When were your babies born and how fast? My DS was born at 38.5 weeks after my water broke at night and was born in like 5 hours. Should I rush out to the hospital and expect him to come early too or is that just a lame myth? My mom is flying in for the birth and I am debating when to have her come up... she can't come up @ 38 weeks and be stuck here for 4 weeks lol I'm not really sure what to do!

July 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 natural births. #1 was born at 38 weeks 5 days, 6-hour labor.
#2 38 weeks 6 days, 4-hour labor.
My water didn't break with either of them. I am hauling butt to the hospital ASAP this time. #2 I was only there about 90 minutes when she was born and they barely had time to get me set up.

July 23rd, 2012, 03:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I broke waters both times and had to wait for the contractions.

DD1 39+4 induction 0cm- baby in just under 6 hours. (waited 28 hours for contractions to start before induction)

DD2 35+5 0cm - baby in well under 3 hours. (Contractions started on their own after 8 hours).

This time I hope to make it to 37 weeks- but am fully expected another quick and full-on birth.

My waters broke with DD1 whilst i was at the airport picking up my parents

This time they are coming (already planned before I got pg) when I am 38 weeks.

July 23rd, 2012, 04:36 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
#1 - Water broke at 38 weeks 1 day, 14 hours start to finish (but it probably would have been sooner if they did the amniotic infusion right...sigh....)

#2 - Water broke at 39 weeks 3 days, 3 hours 44 minutes start to finish

So both of mine started the same way and the labor went faster, but my pregnancy was longer.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 23rd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#1 Started having contractions around 11 pm the night before he was born, by 9 am they were coming pretty good and we went to the hospital he was born around 3pm so about 16 hours of labor. He was born 2 days late.

#2 No contractions, went in 2 days after my dd for a regular appointment and found out I was 4 cent. dialated, dr sent me up and started pitocin around 11 or so and he was born around 3 also and 2 days late labor was about 4 hours.

#3 was induced 2 weeks after her dd, we induced Feb.1 and nothing happened, so they stopped and started again the next day. She was born around 3 as well. I started having real contractions around 9 that morning (after the pitocin) so probably around a 6 hour labor.

#4 induced about 8 days after his dd his was my scariest birth because his heartrate dropped and all of a sudden my room was full of drs & nurses. He was orn at 6 pm and I don't realy remember how long real labor was.

#5 My girls are stubborn she was induced the 22cnd 1 week after her dd and she came 10 pm the 23rd. This labor seemed to go on forever and I was very uncomfortable from the begining.

#6 was induced also I had 2 different dd with him he was either induced 1 day early or 1 week late. He was my first diabetic pregnancy. He was born around 6 pm and he came fast, even though I was hooked to pitocin, nothing really happened until after 4 pm. I remember watching judge judy and it was starting to get painful the nurse checked and I was at 3 she called for the dr because he had to order the epi and he didn't get there until almost 6, he checked me and said I was at 5 and told the nurse to order the epi, like five minutes later they all came back in the room and started setting everything up, the dr checked and I was complete. I didn't tell them but I had no intention of pushing until i got that epi, but Jacob came out w/o me even pushing, lol. About 3 hours form the first real contraction.

#7 was induced at 38 weeks another diabetic pregnancy and my fluid was starting to go low. He was born around 1. I had the epi done early just in case and never felt pain. At 12:20 my dr checked and I was 4 cent. so his birth was pretty quick to.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
My third was my longest labor. I've worried a little that this time she'll come early and fast, but based on the past three, I'm not sure I should. They have all been over 40 weeks and at least 8 hours.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

July 23rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kylie- 39+3 labor 26 hours from 1st contraction to birth (pushed for 2 hours).
Mason- 39+2 labor 18 hours from 1st contraction to birth (pushed for about 30 minutes).
Cullen- 39+4 labor about 12 hours from first contraction to birth (pushed for about 10 minutes).
I imagine this time will be within that last week as well, with about an 8 hour labor . Just guessing, for fun

July 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
~l~
#1- 4 days of latent (excruciating) back labor. Finally admitted, started pitocin and epi, she was born 5 hours later @ 38+6

#2- started noticing regular, painless contractions around 12:30AM. 4AM they got painful, so we went in. She was born at 8:44AM, about 8 hours of labor @ 39+5

In all of the stories I have heard, it does seem like labor tends to get shorter with more kids, but not every time. I don't think the number of children affects the length of pregnancy though... I have heard many stories where 2nd, 3rd or whatever are longer pregnancies.
July 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhk View Post
#1- 4 days of latent (excruciating) back labor. Finally admitted, started pitocin and epi, she was born 5 hours later @ 38+6

#2- started noticing regular, painless contractions around 12:30AM. 4AM they got painful, so we went in. She was born at 8:44AM, about 8 hours of labor @ 39+5

In all of the stories I have heard, it does seem like labor tends to get shorter with more kids, but not every time. I don't think the number of children affects the length of pregnancy though... I have heard many stories where 2nd, 3rd or whatever are longer pregnancies.
I've been asking around & I agree, it does seem that when labors are natural and progress on their own that they go faster and faster with each kid.. and then when induced it varies obviously. So I guess I should have my mom come out at 38 weeks just in case this one decides to fly out! lol

July 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Sarah I'm feeling the same way! Kaitlin was born at 38 wks 2 days and when I went to the hospital I was already 5 cms. Total of 8 hours labor with 18 minutes of pushing. I'm thinking Cameron is going to come early too, I just have a feeling!!
July 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
I wish that were true of mine. They seem to get longer.

1 and 2 were 12 hours each. 3 was 18 hours.
July 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Not for me!

Baby #1 - Born at 37 weeks. 5 hours in labor.
Baby #2 - Born at 38 weeks. 7 hours in labor.
Baby #3 - Born at 39 weeks. 9 hours in labor.

July 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
MrsLucy's Avatar Super Mommy
First- 40 weeks 1 day.. 12 hours of labor

Second- 38 weeks 3 days- 6 hours of labor.. about 30 minutes of pushing .. I went in to the hospital feeling no pain but my Doctor had told me to go since I was at 6cm at my ob appointment that day.

I agree that all births are just different but I also think once you have had one that its more "likely" to have the next sooner.

July 23rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 1st was born at 39 weeks exactly, I went in to labor naturally but the OB broke my water for me. I was in active labor about 5.5 hours.

With my 2nd my water had a slow leak and I went to the hospital at 37 weeks exactly and was induced that day. Labor was about 7 hours start to finish.

My 3rd was born at 39+6. I started having sporadic contractions about 8 pm and I wasn't in active labor til the next afternoon. Active labor only lasted about 4 hours and by the time I got to the hospital my water broke and I had her an hour later!

July 24th, 2012, 12:29 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i think its a myth... to a point.. i think its a myth to say your next pregnancy comes earlier.. but i think having a shorter labor holds some truth... but it sure in the hell didnt for me

Hunter labor started at 23 weeks.. active labor for 9 hours.

Van labor started at 34 weeks, active labor for 33+ hours

July 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far its true for me....

1st 40+5 I was induced (with cervadil only) it lasted about 7hrs start to finish. (I was dilated to 3 when got to hospital, but not in labor)

2nd 38wks Labor 4hrs (dilated to 4 when got to hospital)

3rd 38wks and Evan was born 30min after we got to hospital (dilated to 9)

4th 36wks, Max was born 15min after we got to hospital (dilated to 10)

If I remember correctly, Labor with Evan was about 2hrs start to finish and I kinda putzed around the first hour not knowing I was in labor.

With Max my labor was no longer than an hour start to finish. I called my husband right when the first contractions hit (he was at work), it took us about 45min to get my mom to the house and get him home from work.

So... ya its true for me and I am a bit worried about making it to the hospital this time.

July 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of mine were inductions. DD was 41 weeks, 12 hours from start of pitocin to birth. DS was 38.5 weeks, 9 hours from start of pitocin to birth. I was definitely ready for labor earlier with the second and my labor was very fast once my water broke.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search