so excited! Birth Photography!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KatherineD
  • 1 Post By white.house
  • 1 Post By mollymalone

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I entered a contest on a blog about a month ago from a local photographer- who specializes in Birth and Babies... and I won the big Birth Photog Package!!! She is coming to my home today to talk about what I want and don't want. I want it all--- crowning and everything... figure after the whole birth experience, if there is something "too much" then we can just delete it.

Anyone else doing birth photography? i didn't with my daughter, just have pics from after when I was holding her and Bfing... and I regret it... don't have any of me in labor even Its such a special time- and such wonderful memories--- for me mostly cuz I love the birth experience and every moment is so special!!!

Last edited by *Anna*; July 23rd, 2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: typos- dang phone :(
July 23rd, 2012, 06:46 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
That is so awesome!! I am a photographer and one of my friends is also one and she's wanting to get into birth photography, so I'm going to be her first birth. I am SO stoked!
*Anna* likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
That is so awesome!! I am a photographer and one of my friends is also one and she's wanting to get into birth photography, so I'm going to be her first birth. I am SO stoked!
That is so awesome!!! I love when a photographer can capture intimate moments---- like right before mama is going to push out baby- and dad is looking at mama, maybe holding her hand, looking like he is saying "you can do this sweetie". My birth will be at home too, so easier than in hospital for photographer to be in and out and around and all... but she said she'd go to hospital too
July 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is really cool, I don't believe my hospital allows any type of filming during birth, at least my old hospital didn't and they are part of the same system.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Cindy, I talked with my OB and I know the hospital's policy is no filming/photographing of the actual birth (for liability because God forbid something wrong happened they wouldn't want an actual record of someone doing something wrong ), but that photographing from the head up during pushing and when the baby comes out is completely fine. I don't want anything from below the waist anyways, lol! There are so many moments from birth that I want captured that are way more than the actual pushing out of the baby. My husband is completely inept at using my camera, lol! And I totally want photos of him this time as well

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 23rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
That's cool that you won the package!
I had a friend who dabbles in photography do birth photos when my daughter was born. I still haven't looked at them, but I'm really glad to have them saved as such special memories
mollymalone likes this.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousin is a photographer, and when she gave birth last year, there was nobody else in the room who could handle her camera. The minute she gave her last big push, the camera was in her hands, and she was snapping away! I told her she was Wonder Woman!! LOL
*Anna* likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the only one I really know that knows photography lol, and birth photography is too expensive over here for us for full price, so we will probably skip it. My mom will be in the room and take a few shots here and there but nothing formal

July 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
congrat on your win!!! i dont know if i would like birth photography i would have to see how i feel when i give birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search