Just Another Question from your Resident Worry Wort...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 06:46 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last week, Ellie was more active than I'd ever felt her. All through the day I could feel her squirming and kicking, and I was so excited that her movements were becoming more regular.

However, the past three days, I haven't felt her all that much... just a few, soft, random kicks all day long.

So... can you all just reassure me that she'd probably just changed positions, and that all is well!

If there was something wrong, wouldn't I most likely be feeling some kind of pain / cramps too?

The only pain I have right now is sciatica / hip pain.

That is all... just needing some reassurance. Now that I'm seeing the doctor weekly, I REALLY don't want to call unless it's something major!

July 23rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd have to say she's fine . However, I'm the same way as you. On Friday, my guy was more active then ever. I was shocked, but I loved it. Constant movement all day. Saturday evening, I realized I didn't remember feeling him move at all that day. I panicked. But like you, I kept thinking there would be some sort of cramping/pain if something really was wrong. When I went to bed, he moved a bit, so I felt better. It probably is just different positioning and also all that activity last week could have tuckered her right out and now she's resting more. As long as she is moving, and you don't have any pain, try to hold off asking your dic until your appt. but if it does get overly concerning for you, it really doesn't hurt to give a call

July 23rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its so normal to worry at little things... I'm sure your baby is fine... prob just snuggled in a new spot. The best thing I can thing to say that I say to myself during any moments of doubt throughout all of pregnancy is to "trust your body". At this time, trust your body to grow your baby like your body is meant to
July 23rd, 2012, 07:10 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's normal. Don't worry!! Every time the baby moves the kicks will feel different depending on where they are hitting you. Don't panic!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
July 23rd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal. Sometimes I feel baby a lot, then other days hardly at all.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks ladies! I just needed someone other that DH to tell me everything was ok... because after all, what does he know!?!

A couple of days ago, I drank some apple juice and she went nuts... maybe I'll try that again tonight & see if I can get her movin' again.

July 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Yup I posted this same thing 2 weeks ago. Baby was so active and slowed down to nothing at all! I followed my nurses orders and drank OJ and did kick count. Still no movement so they had me come into the office. They found her HB right away and now it's non stop movement! Dr. said she was turned over so her back was facing out and that's why I couldn't feel any kicks.
July 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yep, sounds pretty normal, but I would worry too even knowing that. I'm always on the alert for movement and kicks and I get nervous when I haven't felt her in a while. She has her more active days and then slower days. I actually get worried when she is too active too because I think something must be bothering her. I worry no matter what!

July 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Its gotta be normal.... I have my days where Oliver will karate kick the crap outta my insides, and then other days where he's totally mellow. Last night he was up all night with the storm just kicking away, so today he's quiet.

I always have a mini-panic attack when I realize that I haven't felt Oli move all day. And I'll sit and after a few minutes he'll kick away! I think that I'm getting used to his movements and kicks. Kinda like when you don't realize you're breathing all day and then for a short while you're very aware of it. Its happening, but you're just adjusting to it. So unless you're focused on it, or the kicks are abnormally large, its something that you don't pay much attention too.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 23rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cole does that! The day I went into L&D he hadnt moved hardly at all then they put the heartbeat and contraction meters on him and he was very angry and moved the more then he had my entire pregnancy!

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
July 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
I got a couple of decent kicks this afternoon, and realized that they've shifted from where they've been the past couple of weeks... so maybe she's settling into a new spot. I liked the crazy, active Ellie!! LOL

Glad to know so many of you have experienced this too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search