Gonna lose my mind

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BluEeyes
  • 2 Post By Leanne78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iv been pending insurance coverage for months now. anyway I was told a while ago by one of the nurses/office staff at checkout from my OB office that they wouldn't do any more tests/visits until It had cleared because my visits were all on credit as of right now and I had reached my limit. So when my last appointment rolled around and i still Had not received coverage I had to call and cancel the appointment.

finally Friday afternoon I received my insurance approval information so today I called up the OB to get things processed so I can get back in the office. Apparently I was never actually not eligible to come to my appointments because I had signed a waiver stating that I understood if my insurance didn't clear I would be financially responsible for any services I received. and furthermore that I had been marked as a no show for 2 appointments (both the one I canceled and the one they set up since I had missed the one I canceled with out ever calling emailing or mailing me to inform me they had set up another appointment. WTH!!!!!!!) so now according to the lady I was talking to today I'm at risk of being kicked out of the practice if I miss anymore appointments for the rest of my entire pregnancy. which apparently includes appointments I call and cancel over 48 hrs in advanced since you know that's what I freaking did to start with because your office staff told me I wasn't eligible to be seen in the first place.

UM sorry but this is why im afraid to even trust my OB with my birth I know front desk and doctors are two different entity's but its not like I haven't been prescribed medications and not even been told about it then told on my next visit Its a good thing I wasn't told about it because I don't even need it.

now Im 20 freaking weeks pregnant haven't even had an anatomy scan don't even have one scheduled yet because I was told not to come to the appointment we were supposed to scheduled it at. only to find out the whole shebang was a load of bull hockey and there is no reason I couldn't have been going all along.................................. I swear to any gods that may or may not exist next Thursday when I have my appointment that I should have had a month ago if that women is still working in that office It will not be a pretty day.

Even if shes not someone is still going to get an earful about threatening to kick me out of a practice just because they rescheduled an appointment without telling me and I totally shockingly didn't show up to it. I really wish there was another OB Around here Im kind of hoping all this bull was just because I was uninsured at the time. Im still gonna be pissed but at lest if that's the case now that they are guaranteed there freaking money maybe I will actually be taken care of.

Ok I swear Im done complaining for at least 24 hr's now..........................

Ok so now im done

July 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Veteran
well thankfully you have insurance now and you can start going back to your appts make sure the lil one is healthy
fancypants27 likes this.

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
lol well everything is back on track now so just find out what ur having and see ur little one move and kick and hopefully this drama will be a thing of the past

July 23rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'd still let them know you don't appreciate the threat when you go into your appointment. Tell them you cancelled you appointment because THEY informed you that they could no longer see you and that you were never informed of a reschedule. It's their mistake and they can take their threats of dropping you and shove it. I hate dealing with the front office at my OB sometimes too. This one isn't too bad, but my old OB's front office staff was so unpleasant that I switched when I became pregnant with my first.
cindy6 and ~Tanya~ like this.

July 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad it's straightened out now. I would definetly say something to them though. I was wondering the other day when you were going to find out what you are having!

July 23rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Im sorry your dealing with this. I know the feeling.
July 23rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
LindsayGriff
First off, breathe!!! Stay calm, being all stressed out is not helpful for the baby.

From a medical office standpoint I am going to give you a little advice. First off, if you are attending a private practice group, they have their own rules and don't have to see you so I wouldn't want to piss them off too much. Most private practices have rules were if you no show or cancel <48hrs prior to your appointment, if you do this too many times they will kick you out. Especially with a busy practice, they are unable to fill that spot them with someone else in time and there for their waiting list to see them continues to grow. I am assuming that if you just got insurance you most likely got Medicaid, the insurance you can get when being pregnant. Not every practice takes medicaid because the reimbursement is poor so your choices on providers may be limited in your area and if you are kicked out of one practice you may risk having to find another that is farther away. Finally, it is usually not the acutal doctor that makes the rules so don't blame your doctor or get mad at them. Most private practice groups have a practice manager who helps set up these rules and the clerks at the front desk just follow these set rules. The doctors may have some input but most doctors don't want to deal with that part of the business, they just want to take care of patients.
As a provider myself, I work for a hospital where I am unable to fire patients, we accept any patient, insurance or not. It does get frusterating when patients don't show to appointments as my schedule is constantly booked out far and when I need to get patients back for a return appointment soon, I am unable to without overbooking my clinic or seeing patients early or late in the day to get them in and then people don't show to their regular appointments and now I have free time I could have squeezed my other patients into time slot and not had to come early or stay late. Most physicians overbook their clinics often because their is a no-show rate they can usually count on, it does back fire though when all patients show up and then patients are upset because their appointments are delayed

While I would discuss with them what happened, that you didn't get notifications about your appointment, I would ask kindly for them to explain how they notified you, verify that they have your right e-mail address, home address, or cell phone/home phone number. I would then explain in a nice way why you canceled your other appointment because of what you thought you had been told before.

Okay, sorry that was long, just playing some devil's advocate here.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are dealing with all that! Doctors offices can be so inflexible! I am sure it's because they have been stuck with patients that won't pay. I almost got left without an OB at 20 weeks because I was misinformed about my payment schedule and hadn't made a payment three weeks after I was informed I had payments to make. They were threatening to quit seeing me if I didn't pay $1100 in full in two days! I was livid! My insurance was already pre-authorizing like $2500! Luckily they worked a new payment schedule out with me, but it left a sour taste in my mouth!

July 24th, 2012, 12:27 AM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad your insurance came thru... yay! I hate it when the office staff gives idle "threats". I have a story for you...

I had to go to the other OB office for my visit last week. No big deal, still got to see my doctor. I have state insurance (Medi-cal) and typically don't have a huge issue. Well, my OB referred me to neuro and cardio a while back, and my state worker assured me that it would be covered under my insurance coverage because my OB made me go. Well, the medical group I'm a part of has the worst billing department ever. It takes FOREVER to get anything cleared up with them. Anyway, the receptionist at the other OB office noticed that I had a bill from my cardio appointment that was outstanding. She told me that if I didn't pay it they wouldn't let me see my doctor ever again and that the hospital would turn me away at delivery. While thats a load of crap, I still went and talked to billing and made arrangements to start payments while we wait and see if my insurance will pick it up.

While private practices can "throw" you out, you cannot be turned away from a hospital for emergency care or if you're in labor. I don't know what my receptionist lady was smoking that day, but I didn't appreciate her threat and the way she spoke to and treated me. I won't go back to that office. From here on out I'll wait for an appointment at my normal office, where the office staff rocks and doesn't make stupid threats.

If I were you, I'd talk to them about what the lady told you on the phone. You can always ask to speak to the office manager as well, or even tell your doctor. Make sure that you word it carefully, so that you don't come across as b*tchy. When it comes to my care, my OB and her medical assistant are my biggest advocates! If these people in the office are going to continue to treat you like this, and if you can't find anyone to advocate for you, I'd switch OBs.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 24th, 2012, 01:37 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so aggravated earlier today which I still Am but Im planing on keeping it kosher next week I just really needed to vent to be honest.

Im really not upset they wanted to make sure they would be paid for there work Its a Business I expect no less. Im upset because they knew they were being paid they had the paperwork to prove it yet I was still told I was ineligible to come. even though I in fact wasn't.

Im also upset they are punishing me for not showing up to appointments I never set up had I skipped out I would have no problem with them threatening to drop me but i didnt. I followed their cancellation policy theirs is actually only 24 hr adv notice and I gave 48. I also explained why I was canceling at the time and was told to call back once I had my coverage to restart my appointments. they then continued to scheduled me for appointments without ever notifying me and black balling me for not coming to them.

just to add insult to injury all of this started with an appointment they had called and pushed back already because they had accidentally double booked the doctor and no one else was open that day.

Im not mad about the policies I understand the reasons behind them Im mad that it was handled so poorly and improperly from the get go and that Iv basically missed 2 months worth of appointments now for absolutely no reason.

but honestly right now Im really happy to be going agin I want to hear my baby's heartbeat again and actually scheduled an ultrasound and find out my babys freaking sex before it pops out lol. Im just really looking foward to haveing a real conversation with a doctor and make sure everything is doing ok still. I just hate that for the rest of of my pregnancy I know im going to have a little twinge of dread every time I go to check in or out that they will screw something up again and keep me from being able to know my baby is doing ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search