Im offically fed up

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By SarahxSyanide
  • 1 Post By ~Tanya~
  • 1 Post By Country928

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
So with me turning 26 I lost my cigna insurance. I also have medicaid. Since losing my job. However, since I can not contact anyone in my state that works with medicaid(department of childrens and family) Im at a lost they will not pick up with letting these people know I dont have Cigna anymore. Im stressed out over this. I dont get the nurse to come out unless I pay 150, which by no means i have right now. I cant even go to the ob on thurs without getting this fixed. I rent to the local office today and all they said was we cant do anything about it you have to call.

The only reason im stress about this is Im considered High risk. Im flat out sick of how this **** state works and not being able to get ahold of anyone.

Sorry this is my rant for today.
July 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
im sorry your going though this, i hope it gets better

July 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
One suggestion I have for you is to contact your state representative or senator... Part of their jobs as elected officials is to help their constituencies (the public) with situations that arise with State Agencies. If you don't know who represents you contact the registrar of voters should be able to tell you.

Many people don't know to do this, but I urge you to seek their help if you aren't getting a response from the agency- it's ridiculous!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Tanya; Thats my next step.Hopefully it dont take to long to get everything fixed.
July 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I may be wrong here but If you are already a medicaid recipient you shouldn't have to contact medicaid and tell them you arnt getting your old insurance anymore your already covered by medicaid it doesnt matter to them. All you should have to do is call your OB and give them your medicaid ID number they should immediately start sending your claims to medicaid rather then whoever you had them sending the claims to b4. Unless Im misunderstanding the issue I literally just did this today (see my own surprisingly similar insurance rant below lol) just give the billing lady at your doctors office your ID number and she can tell you over the phone whether it is working and if your covered or not. sorry if I misunderstood in that case just ignore me lol.

edit* just wanted to add either way I feel your pain dealing with them I was pending Approval for 3 months and there was nothing missing from my application They just never finished entering the stupid thing in the system. And the same trouble with the OB telling me I cant be seen Although I was later told thats not true so IDK.
Country928 likes this.

Last edited by NewGurl; July 23rd, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
July 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I hate people who screw you over. Especially companies. Like the DMV, the bank, unemployment! It makes me so angry, and to read about this is just frustrating. I don't know why it's so hard to get any help, or even responded too. :hugs:
Country928 likes this.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
July 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Usually once the elected people call it takes little to no time to have situations like this resolved. Good luck!
Country928 likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I was in Clearwater FL when I had my previous 3 and was on the FL medicaid... Once i was approved and got on, it was pretty easy. Alot of the things like updating and stuff i was able to do online... made it so much easier than getting disconnected on the phone and not getting through... Let me see if i still have the link saved on my computer... If i can find it i will edit and post it here....

ETA: - http://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/ if i remember correctly you can create an online account using your case number or you may even be able to use your ID number. I could never remember my case number but i'm sure all the papers they send you have it on it... And i remember once i made the account i was able to do updates right online...

Last edited by kristap4; July 23rd, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
July 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Krista, I have an online account and have tried to update it to let me remove Cigna wont let me. I did write a comment on the application and submitted had to update my address. Hopefully they get the point. I have filed a complant with the main dcf office about the call center and called a local senator.
kristap4 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search