baby cloths

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Veteran
Now that i have found out im having a little boy, i was wondering how much cloths i need, i like to not waste money soo what are your guys ball park idea of how many newborns/0/3 months cloths i will need, and are 03 pretty close to newborn, like could i get away with only getting a few newborn cloths? i know it depends on how quickly your little one grows but a ball park idea would be great

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you mean clothes? I was wondering the same thing if that's what you meant.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran
haha yeah, lol oh man silly me yes i def meant clothes I def need to read my posts before i just up and post something that makes me look like a dimwit

July 23rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
iv never done this before so my opinions not worth much but I was planing on getting a few packs of 0-3 month onsies and just skip the newborn sizes entirely (im pretty sure I heard that on here). then Ill buy a few sets maybe like 5 or 6 pants jackets hats and mitts and booties since its winter. and just mix match and rotate I figure If I find out I need more I can always buy them. I just dont want to end up with boxs of clothes I never even put on baby. Oh but I do want some of those Footie one piece PJ's they have I dont even know if they are actually that useful or not but they are freaking adorable. and a sleep sack sounds nice to after hearing about it so much on here but i dont know if that's actually clothes or not.

July 23rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not the best person to answer this since I tend to go nuts with baby clothes since they are so cute and so cheap! But I'd defiantly plan on at least one changed clothes a day, and if you do laundry once a week, that would be 14 outfits/sleepers (this baby will probably spend its days in sleepers too since it'll be cold out). Now I have/plan to have more than that(told you im obsessed with baby clothes lol) but that's the minimum I'd be ok with. I could easily change my girls 3 times a day between pee poop and spit up messes. Newborn we had next to nothing, Sofia only fit it for a few weeks, and Carly never fit in it.

I should add, but babies spit up a LOT,, so that may affect my opinion a bit also.

Last edited by MomtoCarly&Sofia; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
July 23rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Jamyandcrew's Avatar Veteran
It will totally depend on the size of your baby but I will try! My kids were both small to average at 6lbs and wore 0-3 month stuff for the first 4-6 months easily. However in the beginning, I almost never dressed them in anything but those newborn gowns that are open at the bottom which made constant diaper changing easier! I plan to get a few packages of those (I think there are 3 per pack) and then maybe 4 or 5 onesies with matching knit pants which are comfy "real" outfits. Save receipts as most places are pretty good about returns with them so if baby is a porker you can exchange.
July 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I may be the odd ball out here but between the baby shower and the surprise baby shower I found out about and the stuff that the grandparents/family have already got Cole I think we will be fine. His crib is already FULL of clothes that I have no place to put right now. We need baby hangers and a dresser BAD LOL! Were not really going to worry about buying them.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
July 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't buy many newborn clothes we only have a few things nb. 0 -3 months go from 8.5 to 12.5 lbs so that is what we usually start with.
For my past few babies I've bought mostly sleepers and gowns and maybe 3 -4 outfits, just because that is easiest for us.
I have a ton of nb onsies though like 20 of them, I probably won't use half of them. I try to get around 12 of each onsie size.
In the summer my babies have sometimes worn just a onsie to bed. Oh and in the begining I really like those side snap shirts w/ the hand cuffs.

July 23rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had so much stuff given to me already, and know from experience that people tend to get tons of NB and 0-3 stuff at the baby shower, that I don't plan to buy anything in those sizes (except maybe a coming home and Thanksgiving outfit).

Right now I'm shopping the summer clearance racks for NEXT years clothes!! I've found lots of cute little short sets and rompers!

July 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Veteran
Thanks, I was planning on getting alot of those sleepers with no bottoms for feets i think they are cute, but i also want to to dress baby up alot too but thanks, i think i have a better idea of what will be ideal for me for the first couple of months of babies life, and then i think i will just buy as he grows.

July 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only buying one newborn outfit to bring baby home in. Then I will move to 0-3 months.

I would get at least this much in 0-3 months then move up to something similar in 3-6 months as well, but I usually buy more outfits for going out at that point.

10-12 sleepers
6-8 onesies or undershirts
a package or two of booties & a couple hats
a few outfits for special occasions/holidays
a couple sleepsacks & a bunting

July 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
I would only get a couple of newborn sleepers because you won't exactly know the size of your baby until they are born! Kaitlin wore newborn sleepers for a while because she was 7 lbs. Definitely buy a lot of 0-3 month clothing (a lot of brands just label it as 3 month) Babies spit up a lot so multiple outfit changes are needed throughout the day!
July 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
the Carters website has a suggested list also

July 24th, 2012, 08:13 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-mommy View Post
I would only get a couple of newborn sleepers because you won't exactly know the size of your baby until they are born! Kaitlin wore newborn sleepers for a while because she was 7 lbs. Definitely buy a lot of 0-3 month clothing (a lot of brands just label it as 3 month) Babies spit up a lot so multiple outfit changes are needed throughout the day!
This ^ was me posting last night, but there were technical problems and it came up under someone else's account.
July 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids were in the 6-7 lb range at birth and needed newborn sizes for close to the first month. They were swimming in 0-3 month. I like to have plenty of newborn, 0-3, and the gowns for nighttime diaper changes. I try not to buy too far ahead because it is hard to predict how they will grow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search