Guess whose nesting....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Yup. THIS girl!

DH and I finally decided since I'm nearly 6 months along that it was time to do something with our office space. With the help of his brother we finally dug all the junk out of the room and the boys put together the crib. Here's a link to see our Delta Canton Crib all set up

This Chaos Called Life: And so it begins...{Nesting}

Now all I can think about it rearranging things and decorating. In fact, this afternoon I'll be heading to Walmart to purchase some paint to paint a bookshelf. Gahh! Better do it now while i still have the energy and time.

Who else is nesting? What stage are you in?
July 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I loved that stage with my kids... I think I'd like to be, but try not to think about it... Maybe I'll get my daughter to clear off the bed in the room so I can lay in there & start going through stuff. Enjoy getting the nursery ready

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 24th, 2012, 08:20 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Nope no where near it!

July 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been starting slowly. One small project per weekend. We painted the closet in the nursery and re-mounted the shelves. Put up a new hanging wall organizer in the diaper changing area (laundry room). That kind of thing. I have also been sewing clothes and diapers in my spare moments. It's too hot to do much outside, so it's been a good diversion. I enjoy nesting. It gives me somewhere to focus my attention and feel productive.

baby Roger @ 7 months

July 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am too. Completely cleaned out my girls room on sunday. I have been working on the sitting room/den in our bedroom. Ive also been itching to start sewing burp clothes and blankets for baby Colt and Embroidering Tshirts, onesies and bibs.... For now Im still just staring at my sewing machine

BTW, your crib is so cute, love your floors.

July 24th, 2012, 09:18 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, your baby bump is getting so cute! I love your nursery, great floors and so bright! You have a really pretty crib too.

I wish I was nesting! My laziness/exhaustion trumps any nesting I might have going on! lol

July 24th, 2012, 09:30 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOVE your crib, the color is awesome! I'm obsessed with white furniture, but the cherry is a close second.

July 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I am totally nesting. I've been going crazy with projects in the house and today I plan to pull apart Akadia's closet and start organizing all her old clothes by size etc. and get it all put in the baby's dresser. I put the nursery together last week and now it's finally starting to feel a little more real to me. I figure get it all done while you have the energy. In a few more weeks, I know I will be winding down and not wanting to do anything.

July 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Thanks ladies and yeah Amber...I can only do a little at a time before I feel completely wiped. I went and bought some paint to paint the existing black bookshelf I have. I wanted to repurpose it since we hardly used it in our office space before. But...thats as far as I got. Even just running errands and buying things has me wore out now lol. Guess I'll nap and see if I can be productive later this weekend or something.
July 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78
today I plan to pull apart Akadia's closet and start organizing all her old clothes by size etc. and get it all put in the baby's dresser.
I did this last night and got weepy over all of Eli's old things! It wasn't even THAT long ago! It got me really excited about having a teeny tiny newborn again though!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 24th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Not nesting yet, but scared for when I do. I am on such a tight budget that it frightens me. I have to condense my son's two rooms into one and can't afford all the awesome storage solutions out there. We have a 4 bedroom house, but the rooms are sooo small!

P.S. I love the crib color. It's my favorite, but since I can't afford furniture I am borrowing my sister's furniture and it's that natural wood color. I dislike the color so much, but I am really appreciative!
July 24th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
I did this last night and got weepy over all of Eli's old things! It wasn't even THAT long ago! It got me really excited about having a teeny tiny newborn again though!
Yeah, it is a little sad seeing how much she has grown and isn't my little baby anymore. So glad I'm having another girl so I can use all of her stuff again though. I'll be really sad when I'm putting it all away/giving away for good.

July 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
just moved so o nesting yet..... she doesn't have a room, we will be sharing, so no painting, or decorating or getting stuff ready

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search