Showers/baths

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlndGrl8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many showers/baths are you having each day now that you're pregnant. The "symptom" that I hate the most is the wet underwear syndrome we have to deal with during pregnancy. It only gets worse too.....

Have you changed your schedule?

I usually just do my usual morning shower and then have a shower again in the evening. I know some women wear pantie liners or change during the day.

July 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I hate that syndrome too! Yuck!
I'm finding myself still showering once/day in the morning the majority of the time, but every now and then if I am on my feet a lot or outside during the day I also add an evening shower.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I typically shower once a day, sometime in the early afternoon. Every once in a whole ill do another rinse down shower in the evening.

July 24th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Irene.C's Avatar Veteran
Living in Italy there are bidets in every bathroom so I can just wash out my lady parts with that very quickly. Its like a sink that you sit in. I think most europeans use it after every BM.

July 24th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I've been going through the panty liners. Still just taking one shower a day (usually at night), but with it being so hot, I do often change my undees twice a day along with the liners sometimes.

July 24th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

July 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I have wet undies all the time too. I shower i the morning and wear liners during the day at work where we have good AC. Our AC at home is not the greatest so I usually change undies at least once in the evenings, and if I'm very active I will also take a quick cold shower, or try to get in the neighbor's pool.

baby Roger @ 7 months

July 24th, 2012, 11:55 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I wear liners everyday I take a shower in the morning and then sometimes Kaitlin will take a bath with me at night or I'll shower again if I've been outside.
meddleman likes this.
July 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran
I usually shower once, but will put on fresh undies after work.
July 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
i shower one a day, and i use baby wipes to feel fresh, i change my panties twice a day. its annoying lol

July 24th, 2012, 03:24 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have the energy to shower everyday! I shower every other day or every 2 days. I don't leave the house much though. I stay in mostly during the week as my husband works. Also, I'll use baby powder to help with the wetness. Its so disgusting. I need to do laundry more often though because of it!!
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
July 24th, 2012, 10:58 PM
MrsLucy's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitely annoying! Sometimes I wonder if my water broke or if its amniotic fluid.. I guess I'm not alone..

July 25th, 2012, 12:23 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
well i seem to be leaking, at first i thought maybe just really watery discharge, but it continued for a week.. then i thought maybe it is my water, so i had an ultrasound, that was fine.. but lately its doing it again and it will literally run down my leg thats how much and its almost like i peed myself... so i have an appointment on Thursday im going to bring it up again.. so with that TMI said, i do take showers more frequently, before i'd take one every other day.. now its nearly daily... i took one before every other day because my hair falls out BAD after taking a shower.. so i try to keep my hair remaining on my head as long as possible lol
July 25th, 2012, 12:44 AM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
My routine has been every other day, but lately, its been daily. I thought I was the only one dealing with wetness! I just thought it was excessive sweating lol. I'm going thru undies more frequently as well. I do, however, use facial wipes in the morning and at night, and I'll typically wipe down my tummy and chest after finishing with my face. Kinda makes me feel refreshed If it weren't for those, I'd probably be showering twice a day.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 25th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I shower every day and wear liners to help. Sometimes I'll freshen up with a baby wipe and underwear change if it's a bad day, but the liner seems to help a lot!!

July 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this. View Post
well i seem to be leaking, at first i thought maybe just really watery discharge, but it continued for a week.. then i thought maybe it is my water, so i had an ultrasound, that was fine.. but lately its doing it again and it will literally run down my leg thats how much and its almost like i peed myself... so i have an appointment on Thursday im going to bring it up again.. so with that TMI said, i do take showers more frequently, before i'd take one every other day.. now its nearly daily... i took one before every other day because my hair falls out BAD after taking a shower.. so i try to keep my hair remaining on my head as long as possible lol
It's a good thing to look in to. Usually it's just normal stuff, but sometimes it's something more. Your dr can monitor fluid loss via u/s regularly if that's what you think it is. I know some women just leak more than others during their pregnancy. My SO was born at 35 weeks because his mom had hardly any fluid left and went into labor early. Back then, it wasn't something they really checked for I guess...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search