Went to the ER early this morning.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Veteran
I woke up at 12:30 am with some bad heartburn. My stomach above my belly button was sooooo swollen. It hurt so bad. My back was also hurting. Got to the ER around 2am. They did a EKG because my breast bone and ribs hurt so bad. It was ok. Next I had to pee in a cup. Dr came in and said its probably indigestion. I warned him that I was hospitalized in Jan for impacted Colon. He gave me a cocktail to drink. It numbs your throat, esophagus and tongue. Lets any trapped gas to be released. I waited for 30 minutes and had one tiny burp. This med also made me dizzy and nauseated. Ugh. The dr came back in and had a fast peek at Autumn. He commented on how wiggly she was and if I could feel it. ALL THE TIME. She is active! So, he said baby was fine. He felt my tummy again and said that he could feel my colon and doesnt seen to be a obstruction. Gives me a lecture on why I shouldnt go to a dr so far away etc. This isnt pregnancy related. ugh. Nothing is wrong with my pregnancy. Its my colon again. He said the pee test shows a BUNCH of bacteria in there. A BUNCH he said. So, he gave me antibiotics for that. He gave me Reglan for nausea and heartburn. He gave me Docolace to get things going. If not better in a week or two or it gets worse then Im going to have to go back and go into the hospital. They will put a tube down my throat. I guess to get gas out? Im not sure. I hope this all works. I feel like poo! 2 ot of 3 meds Im taking says may cause drowsiness. Wonderful. We are moving next weekend and I need to pack. Ha! Right!

July 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I'm glad they've found the reason for it and are treating it. At least the baby is ok. That's good.

July 24th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm happy baby is doing well, but really sorry you're not I hope the meds work for you & don't cause too much drowsiness!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 24th, 2012, 02:05 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry!!! That sounds miserable! I hope you feel better soon and you can get everything done for the move.

July 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear your feeling down. Hope the meds help without to much interference in life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search